Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The real question is will the 360 degree cameras still be functional with the mirrors folded? :unsure:
I imagine that as much thought as they have put into this vehicle, this would not have been overlooked but a definitive answer would be great. ;)
The camera is on the bottom side of the arm that holds the mirror. The arm itself doesn't move so it shouldn't impact the 360° system at all.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The what’s stoping them from folding forward?
Nothing in theory. But the problem with a manual vs. power fold setup, though is that if you have manual folding and you forget to unfold it when you open the door, the mirror can just push out with the window without problems. If you had a powerfold setup, you run the risk of breaking the motor if you open without folding them. They'd have to set them up to unfold on unlocking and/or door handle pull.

wouldn't that be an issue then if they're manually folded as well? Still folded and preventing doors from opening. You'd have to manually unfold the mirrors before opening just like you would if power folded.
See comment above.

Is it possible that power mirrors are an option that this build does't have, especially since its not a high/lux package?

This is from the preproduction tester photos the other way which had the 12" screen. People were quick to assume it was to turn on the entry/puddle lights but I'm starting to believe it may be power fold.
Ford Bronco Folded Bronco mirrors are narrower than fender flares (first pics) giphy
Those are the mirror spotlight buttons. A mirror fold button would be next to the mirror control and a single button.

The real question is will the 360 degree cameras still be functional with the mirrors folded? :unsure:
I imagine that as much thought as they have put into this vehicle, this would not have been overlooked but a definitive answer would be great. ;)
Yes. They mount the cameras on the fixed portion of the mirror arms to avoid issues.

No I don’t, but everyone with a bit of common sense realized they would fold. ?
Hell, they even had the dimensions for width with mirrors folded since the day of reveal. ?
Yeah, there's a massive cut line where they'd fold. If they didn't have that, then you could think they didn't fold.

K??

That's just an opinion, not a fact. You assumed they would fold. Nothing rediculous about people wondering that. What truth dude. ??‍♂?
there's a massive cut line where they'd fold. If they didn't have that, then I could understand some confusion as to whether they didn't fold.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought mirrors have to fold just for pedestrian safety in case you drive too close to the curb? I'd think any modern car has that feature, eve if it's just to prevent costly repairs to the window frame if you hit something.
Motorized would be nice for ease of use, but I can count the times I had to fold my mirrors in on the Tacoma on one hand.
The times the bushes in my driveway did it for me I can't count though :-D

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought mirrors have to fold just for pedestrian safety in case you drive too close to the curb? I'd think any modern car has that feature, eve if it's just to prevent costly repairs to the window frame if you hit something.
Motorized would be nice for ease of use, but I can count the times I had to fold my mirrors in on the Tacoma on one hand.
The times the bushes in my driveway did it for me I can't count though :-D
Some smaller cars have mirrors that don't fold, but yeah, most cars have folding mirrors.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing in theory. But the problem with a manual vs. power fold setup, though is that if you have manual folding and you forget to unfold it when you open the door, the mirror can just push out with the window without problems. If you had a powerfold setup, you run the risk of breaking the motor if you open without folding them. They'd have to set them up to unfold on unlocking and/or door handle pull.

See comment above.

Those are the mirror spotlight buttons. A mirror fold button would be next to the mirror control and a single button.

Yes. They mount the cameras on the fixed portion of the mirror arms to avoid issues.

Yeah, there's a massive cut line where they'd fold. If they didn't have that, then you could think they didn't fold.

there's a massive cut line where they'd fold. If they didn't have that, then I could understand some confusion as to whether they didn't fold.
So essentially what vehicles do these days anyways? Folding when locking the vehicle, unfold when grabbing the handle.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

See comment above.

They definitely fold bc there are images from This weekend of them folded in, but power folding is the question

Sponsored

BradCA

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lexus CT200, 2020 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I grabbed a couple pictures of the mirror folded in today. It appears that they fold in quite a ways and the furthest out part is still inside the fender flares (on a non-Sasquatch). Looks pretty good to me!

Ford Bronco Folded Bronco mirrors are narrower than fender flares (first pics) giphy

Wow. You’ve thought of everything. Thank you.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, but still won't fit in the garage.
What size garage do you have? I have an extremely small garage in my townhouse property and when I measured I found it will fit in there with inches to spare.
Sponsored