Sponsored

Folding / retracting / powered running boards?

Broncojy

Big Bend
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone have any information on where to get (or if they exist yet) running boards that are hidden when doors are closed but fold out for when you open doors?
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are nice. Is that the only brand that's currently out there?
I think there is another one out there but can't remember off the top of my head what the manufacture.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were you looking for ones that can be used as rock sliders too? The Rockslide Engineering ones can but the Aries ones will not.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m sure amp research will come out with them for the Bronco soon. For now I think the one listed above is all there is at the moment.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had rock slide on my Jeep LJ. Great product and they can take a hit. I had issues with the passenger side deploying. That side of the jeep did not get used as much...so maybe that was the issue? I had to reset the system on a regular basis if the wife would go for a ride. Also, the rock slide made a clunking noise when they retracted...not a big deal, but you definitely noticed. Also, they stick out on the side of the vehicle. Some people might like this...I did not. They stuck out further than the stock fenders on the jeep.

For my bronco, I think I am going amp research. I like how they tuck under. Not for rock crawling but they will be fine for overlanding type situations IMO. I called them. They said end of this year, beginning of next year for the release. Good luck with whatever you decide.

OP
OP
Broncojy

Broncojy

Big Bend
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had rock slide on my Jeep LJ. Great product and they can take a hit. I had issues with the passenger side deploying. That side of the jeep did not get used as much...so maybe that was the issue? I had to reset the system on a regular basis if the wife would go for a ride. Also, the rock slide made a clunking noise when they retracted...not a big deal, but you definitely noticed. Also, they stick out on the side of the vehicle. Some people might like this...I did not. They stuck out further than the stock fenders on the jeep.

For my bronco, I think I am going amp research. I like how they tuck under. Not for rock crawling but they will be fine for overlanding type situations IMO. I called them. They said end of this year, beginning of next year for the release. Good luck with whatever you decide.
thanks for the info! I really like the ability to hide them under the truck as well so for that reason I’m gonna wait to see what amp comes out with!
Sponsored