First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you’re thinking there will be zero 2 door my2021?

Ford has stated all FE will be delivered as 21. Many are 2 door.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I saw yesterday was that the top quality issues were resolved but the production meeting requirements would take a while. Meaning to a lamemen like myself, some were going out. Just not enough to meet the demand. Which seems to follow the way the jobs were being scheduled. A lot of soft tops but some mics we're finding their way in. Like mine. That had been scheduled for a while. Then delayed and been bounced around a bit but settled just a couple days ago on what seems to be a dialed in build day of July 6th. So only time will tell. This and a couple other issues that also seem to be resolved now were what was holding up the OKTB. From what was posted on here yesterday, the "ok to buy" is coming very shortly after everyone goes back to work at MAP.... If they have the oktb they won't be holding any in dealerships. That's the purpose of the oktb. Nothing leaves the factory grounds until it's given.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless Ford officially makes an announcement that there won’t be anymore hard tops built for 2021, this is just useless speculation. Everyone has an opinion but that’s all- no facts just their beliefs....
patient people will be rewarded...

I’m not patient I opted for the soft top so there’s that...

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shipping hard tops later wouldn't be as troublesome as you suggest. IF Ford chose to do that: wire the plumbing and controls now, they could ship hard tops to the dealers in bulk....not too tough or expensive.
I agree that shipping is possible, but expensive and difficult. Perhaps the bigger issue is that they could never catch up. The hardtops built in 2022 will need to go on 2022 production, not used to retrofit 2021.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No, several builds similar to that or exactly that have been scheduled for production already in June/July!

OP
OP
ugafan706

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
like i said this is just my opinion , and i hope im wrong(i really want my 2 door). It would really be unfair if some hardtops were produced (say a base model) and only a couple of first editions were made before they had to change the first editions to a 2022 model(which could be a nightmare for ford).

So the solution to this problem would be , screw it, just softops for 2021.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There will be plenty of 2021 Broncos with hard tops. There will be more 2021 Broncos with soft tops.
Quality issues have been resolved. Production issues haven't.
Ross - As you have some great connections and understanding of the industry, any thoughts as to the painted hard tops and when they might start production? Thanks for sharing all of the information and insights.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ross - As you have some great connections and understanding of the industry, any thoughts as to the painted hard tops and when they might start production? Thanks for sharing all of the information and insights.
This wholly depends on if and how quickly they can get this purported new supplier up and running for them.

Not to yell "fire" in this very crowded theater, but I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see them in appreciable quantity until mid MY22, perhaps as a Job2 addition.

IF they get things moving at Webasto and want to try them there, they could be out sooner but likely in piss poor quantities.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So no two doors?

and can we officially call this the biggest failure of a launch since Jaguar advertised the xj220 with v12 and delivered a turbo six.

did Ford own jag at that point?! 🤔

Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This wholly depends on if and how quickly they can get this purported new supplier up and running for them.

Not to yell "fire" in this very crowded theater, but I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see them in appreciable quantity until mid MY22, perhaps as a Job2 addition.

IF they get things moving at Webasto and want to try them there, they could be out sooner but likely in piss poor quantities.
That all makes sense. Hopefully the extra attention, manpower and funding helps them get the process and production numbers for the tops up sooner than later. Thanks.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
There will be plenty of 2021 Broncos with hard tops. There will be more 2021 Broncos with soft tops.
Quality issues have been resolved. Production issues haven't.
At what was a 5 % soft top take rate ( 125k @ 5 % =6.3K ). sounds like a lot of stock Broncos with soft tops for MY21.
As for production issues, I wonder if the "free " headliner has something to do with the MIC's interior fit and finish.
Sponsored