Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First off, what do you think Bronco would be worth used, 6 months after purchase?
I have 2 reservations 5 days apart. The 1st is currently #3 out of 24 allocations, the 2nd is pushed to MY22.
Anything I buy on A-plan I have to keep for 6 months before I can sell it.
I'm on the fence about waiting to see MY22 options, vs getting one now.
6 months after purchase, what's the chance of breaking even on a first build if I wanted to proceed with a second, MY22 build with say, the mansquatch, white modular roof, byod rail, green paint, v-8, Filson interior, and 2nd special edition (heritage edition)? You know, every option we have all been waiting and bitching and moaning about!!
But seriously, think I could break even 6 - 12 months after purchase? Depending on build?
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
V8? lol

Seriously, though, this is quite the "disgusting human being" post considering 70% of reservations just had their hopes of a MY21 crushed; with 20% previously thinking they may have been safe.

Maybe a site like stubhub or a scalping forum would help you out more.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously doubt you're getting your money back...ever. Let alone 6-12 months. The enthusiast types want to build their own so you'd be trying to sell a used Bronco the same year it came out basically to a buyer for 40-60k, when there are plenty of much cheaper new alternatives. The Bronco right now is at the top if not overpriced for what you get new, trying to pry that used seems almost impossible. You could get lucky and find that buyer but that's looking for a needle in a stack of needles.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

V8? lol

Seriously, though, this is quite the "disgusting human being" post considering 70% of reservations just had their hopes of a MY21 crushed; with 20% previously thinking they may have been safe.

Maybe a site like stubhub or a scalping forum would help you out more.
I guess they should have reserved faster. Im number #1 at Granger for Georgia at least and I plan on flipping mine. But I wont drive it 6 months.

Sponsored

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off, what do you think Bronco would be worth used, 6 months after purchase?
I have 2 reservations 5 days apart. The 1st is currently #3 out of 24 allocations, the 2nd is pushed to MY22.
6 months after purchase, what's the chance of breaking even on a first build if I wanted to proceed with a second, MY22 build with say, the mansquatch, white modular roof, byod rail, green paint, v-8, Filson interior, and 2nd special edition (heritage edition)? You know, every option we have all been waiting and bitching and moaning about!!
But seriously, think I could break even 6 - 12 months after purchase? Depending on build?
I actually like the idea. I was thinking of canceling my 2nd reservation but now I'm keeping it. Cheap option to be in the front of the line for next year. Someone will want it for sure, might not break even but there won't be many for sale on the market so I think it will hold value.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your best bet to make money is to take delivery of the second Bronco, put it into a environmentally controlled storage unit for 25 years, then look to sell it.

Short of that, be courteous to all your fellow Bronco guys and gals and release the 2nd reservation so others can enjoy a Bronco. Remember; what goes around comes around.
I too had two reservations and have released the second from 7/16.
Just my two cents.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe research what used 2020 Supras are going for. I don't know if you'll break even, but 6-12 months after launch there will still be more Bronco buyer's than there will be Broncos. I think there will be more demand than supply for maybe 2 years.

That said, with hints of new colors and editions, a lot of people will simply be waiting regardless of supply/demand to get exactly what they want.

I personally plan on flipping mine in 2-3 years once production catches up to demand. That is IF Ford, makes a change that really catches my eye. Maybe a Hybrid or special trim. I don't think Ford will make a body style update for at least 10 years (Outside the 4 door pickup, which I'm not interested in.)

I'm going 2D, 2.3L, Manual, High, in Cactus Green. I don't care for any of the current colors, but I could see Cactus Green going away, making a "year one" model of 60,000 units that much more unique.

Of 60,000 units, how many will be your build? Rarity can equal value, but it could also just mean that you ordered something nobody else wanted....

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess they should have reserved faster. Im number #1 at Granger for Georgia at least and I plan on flipping mine. But I wont drive it 6 months.
Does that mean you'll be ordering a 4D, 2.3L, High, Soft top, just with the goal of getting it as fast as possible to flip? or Will you do a more popular build and possibly end up waiting a couple months anyway?

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does that mean you'll be ordering a 4D, 2.3L, High, Soft top, just with the goal of getting it as fast as possible to flip? or Will you do a more popular build and possibly end up waiting a couple months anyway?
Whatever will be delivered first. I have an FE reserved but I guess it won't be that.

Sponsored

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe research what used 2020 Supras are going for. I don't know if you'll break even, but 6-12 months after launch there will still be more Bronco buyer's than there will be Broncos. I think there will be more demand than supply for maybe 2 years.

That said, with hints of new colors and editions, a lot of people will simply be waiting regardless of supply/demand to get exactly what they want.

I personally plan on flipping mine in 2-3 years once production catches up to demand. That is IF Ford, makes a change that really catches my eye. Maybe a Hybrid or special trim. I don't think Ford will make a body style update for at least 10 years (Outside the 4 door pickup, which I'm not interested in.)

I'm going 2D, 2.3L, Manual, High, in Cactus Green. I don't care for any of the current colors, but I could see Cactus Green going away, making a "year one" model of 60,000 units that much more unique.

Of 60,000 units, how many will be your build? Rarity can equal value, but it could also just mean that you ordered something nobody else wanted....
Yes and you just lost 80% of the resale market going with a manual

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Took 25 years for my gen 1 Lightning to be worth what I bought it for. They only produced 11.5k of that generation. If you are looking for an investment opportunity, I think you are on the wrong forum. That being said, if you got a invoice or below price and don’t drive it, you should get your money back in 6-12 months but why?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Folks with 2 Reservations... 1610895019931

Artificially lengthening the line for new buyers and glutting the used market is no way to treat Bronco fans on a Bronco fan website.

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t have experience in flipping cars. But my two-cents. ...

I think possible to get a decent amount if ForSaleByOwner while demand is high and availability is low considering that dealers are already adding $5k to msrp on BroncoSports. There’s always someone who wants something now compared to later.

Potentially, could be some Off-Road or YouTubers willing to take it to make something of it for their social media accounts.

And there’s tax/title/registration loss that won’t be regained. Any interest paid on a loan is a loss. But have to consider usage for several months was worth something.

There’s risk to everything. Even ordering one Bronco holds risk for those who won’t be paying in full at delivery. Example: Job situations can change for a person before delivery.
Sponsored