Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading... following. Thanks for sharing!

Do you know what’s rocking under the hood?
I'm assuming stock 2.7L, but I don't know for sure at this point. Hope to get more info at some point.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not to set tinder to a topic, but anyone else here surprised that 725 is running an automatic trans?
I wouldn't want to work a clutch all day in baja. The 10AT is the right choice. An automatic with a manual valve body is very common in race trucks but I'd just let the 10AT work its magic. It will be a good sign if they finish on the original steering parts because that stuff gets beat up in these races. Go, Bronco, Go!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is so cool. The race, the following almost real time updates. Posts from Glick.

An ideal thread and fun read of everyone's input, jokes, and commentary! :)

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand that WT doesn't have rock crawling mode or SBD but there is no rock crawling in this race. Therefore BL has no more capability than WT in this environment. In fact, they are equal in this environment. BL was advertised more for rock crawling capabilities. WT more for high speed off road. Isn't that what this race is?
I wasn't saying BL has more capability than WT is this specific scenario. You are correct. The BL exceeds the WT capability in rock crawling and matches it in high speed off road.

Which is kind of the point. WT may be marketed as a high speed desert runner, but that's more of a marketing thing. It doesn't have any more high speed off road capability than the BL.

Personally, I'd rather have the BL out there. Even if everything else is equal, cleaning the sand out if it should be a bit easier. 😁

There's a reason the Badlands has been used more than other trims for these demo ridealongs.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wasn't saying BL has more capability than WT is this specific scenario. You are correct. The BL exceeds the WT capability in rock crawling and matches it in high speed off road.

Which is kind of the point. WT may be marketed as a high speed desert runner, but that's more of a marketing thing. It doesn't have any more high speed off road capability than the BL.

Personally, I'd rather have the BL out there. Even if everything else is equal, cleaning the sand out if it should be a bit easier. 😁

There's a reason the Badlands has been used more than other trims for these demo ridealongs.
That's an opinion I can agree with to a degree. They should have pitted the BL and WT against this environment. Ford has been marketing the BL everywhere....maybe they just didn't want the WT to out perform the BL.😁 Either way....the Bronco is a very capable off roader that we will enjoy for a long time! Happy motoring

Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi
A customer driving his Boot pulled around stopped traffic into a drainage ditch and crashed. He's fine, Boots fine and Boot is repaired and back running. I'm in Europe Racing The ring and testing Le Mans car. Best!
Man you're living the hard life 😂. The one time I was Germany and wasn't working 7 days a week , the ring was closed for repair.

Glad the driver is good to go and bake in the race.

JamesC

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HJ45, URJ200, W463
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are in Bahia now. ULTRA JEALOUS. #725 (and #11 Boot) are in that centre gaggle.

Ford Bronco Follow the Modified Bronco Badlands (#725) running in the NORRA Mexican 1000 Race! 1619534319195

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Well the BL has more articulation than the WT. Yes you give up some extra sidewall cushion, but not hitting the bump stops all day makes for a smooth(er) ride - and smooth = fast.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well the BL has more articulation than the WT. Yes you give up some extra sidewall cushion, but not hitting the bump stops all day makes for a smooth(er) ride - and smooth = fast.
Also, for high speed running I'd say the 4.46 gears would be better.