Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've committed on the lack of race fans here before. Everyone loves a bronco until someone gets in and starts racing one.
You mean like this?
This was posted today as a comment at the end of a short thread from back in November about the Baja 1000...

"I think its cool stuff. I think it will make zero difference on sales of this vehicle. I was at the Portland event today. The guys in line I was talking to, didn't even know the name of the color they bought, or remember exactly what they ordered. Baja race will mean nothing to anyone aside from a few. I think its cool, but it doesn't mean much to me either."

I was going to comment about how he obviously doesn't hang around car people, buy I'm not in a mood to pick a fight today.🙄

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to set tinder to a topic, but anyone else here surprised that 725 is running an automatic trans?

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point the Bronco Badlands might doing better than the Bronco R! :p
And at like 1/4 the price
You mean like this?
This was posted today as a comment at the end of a short thread from back in November about the Baja 1000...

"I think its cool stuff. I think it will make zero difference on sales of this vehicle. I was at the Portland event today. The guys in line I was talking to, didn't even know the name of the color they bought, or remember exactly what they ordered. Baja race will mean nothing to anyone aside from a few. I think its cool, but it doesn't mean much to me either."

I was going to comment about how he obviously doesn't hang around car people, buy I'm not in a mood to pick a fight today.🙄
I was poking the bear pretty hard in that thread, even had glickenhaus jump in . That's where I was told wining wasn't the point of the Baja
Not to set tinder to a topic, but anyone else here surprised that 725 is running an automatic trans?
No, but only because v6tt.

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bronco R they had in baja months ago was running auto trans also. Either its them showing their product testing. Or that auto in the right goat mode is great for high speed sand bashing.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going Manual, and too lazy to search right now, but does the 2021 Auto trans have a cooling circuit? Thought heat might be an issue in Baja.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These guys are in our local Bronco club. The owner has a couple, as do the rest of his crew. Great guys.
I just finished reading his post/diary account from last year. They definitely sound like really nice guys. I'm excited for them especially since their '72 looks a lot like my son's '70 (my avatar).😍😍

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it's a baha type race.....why not run a wildtrak since ford touts the high speed capabilities of the Wildtrak? Just a thought

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's a baha type race.....why not run a wildtrak since ford touts the high speed capabilities of the Wildtrak? Just a thought
Wildtrack would be sassy/35's. Seems they decidedly did not want that. 35's would be a lot harder on steering, knuckles, brakes, etc.

Jim Glickenhaus

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SCG Boot
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Only 5 vehicles left in the Broncos class. The Bronco is a distant 3rd for now.

Something happened to yesterday's leader #11 the Boot and they fell from first to last place. Maybe @Jim Glickenhaus can shed some light on what happened. I expect them to pass the Bronco again at some point.

Looks like tomorrows race will be with #40.

Overall I think the Bronco is doing great!

Day 1
Ford Bronco Follow the Modified Bronco Badlands (#725) running in the NORRA Mexican 1000 Race! 4BCE8A72-2F21-44D4-A612-24EC78D36B91

Day 2
Ford Bronco Follow the Modified Bronco Badlands (#725) running in the NORRA Mexican 1000 Race! 4BCE8A72-2F21-44D4-A612-24EC78D36B91
Hi
A customer driving his Boot pulled around stopped traffic into a drainage ditch and crashed. He's fine, Boots fine and Boot is repaired and back running. I'm in Europe Racing The ring and testing Le Mans car. Best!
Sponsored