Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi
A customer driving his Boot pulled around stopped traffic into a drainage ditch and crashed. He's fine, Boots fine and Boot is repaired and back running. I'm in Europe Racing The ring and testing Le Mans car. Best!
Thank you for the details Jim! Always good to hear from you! So this was one of the customers boots? Very cool, how many are out in the wild now? Hows everything going at the Ring?
Sponsored

Jim Glickenhaus

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SCG Boot
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you for the details Jim! Always good to hear from you! So this was one of the customers boots? Very cool, how many are out in the wild now? Hows everything going at the Ring?
6 Boots so far. We're building 15 this year. All very good!

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If the Bronco just finishes it will be a big win for Ford. To finish first you first have to finish.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

wonder why they went with a Badlands over a Wildtrak?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know the focus for Wildtrak is desert runner, but it seems from what everything Ford has been doing with testing is using the Badlands as their signature model.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it's a baha type race.....why not run a wildtrak since ford touts the high speed capabilities of the Wildtrak? Just a thought
Because, despite the different price point, Badlands is actually the most capable trim.
If you option the 2.7L and Sasquatch, you already exceed the capability of the WT (because you also have sway disconnect). If you don't want Sasquatch, then just adding the 2.7L matches/exceeds the WT. Badlands can handle high-speed off-road just as well as Wildtrak.

Or put another way, the Wildtrak is NOT the top trim - it's just the most expensive (not including FE).

Wildtrak is just an Outer Banks with a bunch of options already included.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Because, despite the different price point, Badlands is actually the most capable trim.
If you option the 2.7L and Sasquatch, you already exceed the capability of the WT (because you also have sway disconnect). If you don't want Sasquatch, then just adding the 2.7L matches/exceeds the WT. Badlands can handle high-speed off-road just as well as Wildtrak.

Or put another way, the Wildtrak is NOT the top trim - it's just the most expensive (not including FE).

Badlands on order here - was subtly pointing that out, with out being direct ;)

But yeah, stock Badlands wheels and tires / we’ll assume a 2.7. In a desert race. Kind of says something doesn’t it ...

Oh Ford - if only you had launched with a two door cyber Orange 2.7 mansquatch with white top ... compromises, compromises.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I understand that WT doesn't have rock crawling mode or SBD but there is no rock crawling in this race. Therefore BL has no more capability than WT in this environment. In fact, they are equal in this environment. BL was advertised more for rock crawling capabilities. WT more for high speed off road. Isn't that what this race is?

Last edited:

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Help a guy out. What is a boot? Lol

The Boot was born at the same time the Baja 1000 was born. I've always been a fan because I'm also a fan of Steve McQueen - one of the first owners. I appreciate that The Glick is keeping it going.

Back in the day!
Ford Bronco Follow the Modified Bronco Badlands (#725) running in the NORRA Mexican 1000 Race! race213

New
Ford Bronco Follow the Modified Bronco Badlands (#725) running in the NORRA Mexican 1000 Race! glickenhaus-boot-buggy-1

To me, the Boot is the original dune buggy. I imagine this is The Glick in his garage :)

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs