NVCowboy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2019 Explorer (Bronco Starter Kit),
For the locals it is the boyscout trail on the hump that can lead to Goodsprings saloon.

MGV for me 100%. That stuff is awesome!!! Super soft with some texture, cool to the touch, not like bass boat vinyl. Ford did the MGV right!
I've been on the fence between a 4DR Basequatch and a 4DR Black Diamond. Finally settle on basequatch, and here you come talking about how nice the MGV is. Grrr.

I know that road up on Potosi. It has some of the worst washboard in the state. How fast were they driving down that road? Washboard is the worst part of the offroad experience out here, and I'm hoping the Bronco takes care of that.

Advertisement

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Well, now you've gone and confused people. :) The leather upgrade on the Badlands makes no mention of the vinyl being MGV. Just like the leather upgrades on the other models.

I think MGV is only available as the standard seating on BD and BL. Not on any other model and not on any upgrade.
Yep all this even confused me ,LOL , Only the standard interior on the BD and BL is MGV . The leather trimmed on all models is regular vinyl . Thanks

Vigor

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima 2011
Yep all this even confused me ,LOL , Only the standard interior on the BD and BL is MGV . The leather trimmed on all models is regular vinyl . Thanks
I wonder what regular vinyl feels like. Anything around the house i can go feel on for reference? Lol

My first car was cloth. Second was leather. This wildtrak I'm getting has vinyl and leather. Wonder if the two feel markedly different

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
I wonder what regular vinyl feels like. Anything around the house i can go feel on for reference? Lol

My first car was cloth. Second was leather. This wildtrak I'm getting has vinyl and leather. Wonder if the two feel markedly different
I can't remember the last year Ford used all leather on a regular trimmed model . I think it may have been on a Taurus . Not sure if the new King Ranch are still all leather or not but my '07 KR is and still looks great . If I was still getting the Wildtrak I would go down to the Ford dealer and see if anything on the lot had the leather trimmed vinyl but I switched to the BL and will be getting the standard MGV so I don't care anymore ;) They should feel very similar though .

Vigor

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima 2011
I can't remember the last year Ford used all leather on a regular trimmed model . I think it may have been on a Taurus . Not sure if the new King Ranch are still all leather or not but my '07 KR is and still looks great . If I was still getting the Wildtrak I would go down to the Ford dealer and see if anything on the lot had the leather trimmed vinyl but I switched to the BL and will be getting the standard MGV so I don't care anymore ;) They should feel very similar though .
I do intend on going to my local Ford dealership to establish a relationship. I'll do just that. Thanks

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
@LEGEND great to hear you report the MGV is breathable but how is this possible? Since the material is smooth and waterproof, how can it breath? Are you suggesting it has micropores to allow air to pass?

As @BillyMac said, many of us that live in hot and humid states are rightfully concerned about the swamp ass factor.
One of the worst things I've had to do is sit "glued" to the vinyl seat of a hi-lo for over an hour, believe me , I know what swamp ass is. MGV is "not smooth, seems almost like a very fine grain leather, but thinnish almost cloth like, and slightly stretchy for for comfort , while retaining good memory shape. without looking at its's composition with some type of magnifyer I would have to believe it is porous, possibly similar to some of the "house wraps" used in construction. Everyone that comes in contact is really marveled by it. The feel and texture, I don't think it could get hot if you left it out in the sun. I compare it to sitting on a black towel in the sun. It might be "warm" when you initially sit on it but then quickly more comfortable and definitely not as thermal. I wish I had this material on my boat seats!

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
One of the worst things I've had to do is sit "glued" to the vinyl seat of a hi-lo for over an hour, believe me , I know what swamp ass is. MGV is "not smooth, seems almost like a very fine grain leather, but thinnish almost cloth like, and slightly stretchy for for comfort , while retaining good memory shape. without looking at its's composition with some type of magnifyer I would have to believe it is porous, possibly similar to some of the "house wraps" used in construction. Everyone that comes in contact is really marveled by it. The feel and texture, I don't think it could get hot if you left it out in the sun. I compare it to sitting on a black towel in the sun. It might be "warm" when you initially sit on it but then quickly more comfortable and definitely not as thermal. I wish I had this material on my boat seats!
Thanks for the reply, you have me half sold. For the other half I need Ford to offer us power seats with it, not just on the leather, Ford, are you listening please?

OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

Black Diamond
First Name
JO
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mall crawler with the stick family stickers.
I know that road up on Potosi. It has some of the worst washboard in the state. How fast were they driving down that road? Washboard is the worst part of the offroad experience out here, and I'm hoping the Bronco takes care of that.

The NV washboard ruts can not be picked up on any photos posted online. One time I was off-road, I was driving driving between Jean and Primm and my muffler separated on the slip joint and was dragged behind me held on by the rubber hanger.

We were only going 25mph with no airing down of the tires. Makes for a noisey ride, nothing In my Jeep is loose but even a couple coins in the front dish makes all sorts of noise.

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
Oh, right. I forgot the umbrella that is permanently in the car! Most years, in Tucson, June is the only 105+ time of year because we start getting rain after that. And in Arizona, there are plenty of mountains, so if you are feeling miserable you can drive an hour or two and be at 7000 or more feet of elevation and cool off. You can't take a two hour drive in the winter in cold weather places and suddenly find a warm, sunny beach.😁
Where I live in Michigan I can go north, west or east to some of the most beautiful beaches and shorelines in the country and they are still pretty spectacular when they become everchanging "ice" formations

Reldn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Patriot High Altitude, 2004 F-150 XLT
Clubs

Damn, I should not have read this thread. *laughs* The MGV sounds awesome.

Off to the B&P to check out some Badlands builds...*sighs* :ROFLMAO:

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tundra
I’d settle for a rear armrest/cup holder in the BD trim. I’m a little worried only the leather trim in Outer Banks and up will get it.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Clubs

I’d settle for a rear armrest/cup holder in the BD trim. I’m a little worried only the leather trim in Outer Banks and up will get it.
The 2 door has them. I’m guessing you want a 4 door though.......

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Damn, I should not have read this thread. *laughs* The MGV sounds awesome.

Off to the B&P to check out some Badlands builds...*sighs* :ROFLMAO:
So maybe MGV will do in the Badlands to help with swamp ass Ford boss says...

Ford interior designer intern in colder Michigan says, boss lets make it black, it will be great in the sun. :unsure:

(Note to Ford interior designer intern, have you heard of physics? I know, its not a required class, here is the cliff notes version, sun and humidity make stuff hot on dark surfaces in all the southern states.)

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 14 Ford Fusion, 05 Volvo V70R
Clubs

Ford doesn't consider that "settling", so they make you get leather. I'm in the same boat, but there should be aftermarket options for at least rear cupholders later.

Advertisement

Advertisement