First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MGV is absolutely great . At the Tennessee event I did not hear anyone that saw and touched it that was not impressed .

I see a lot of post here also that the stock BL vs the Squatched suspension is only 10mm difference . After watching the Q & A video it seemed to me the guy misunderstood the question and was refering to the 10mm spacer the squatch has over the stock BL that keeps the 35s from scrubbing . The rep at the Tenn event explained it as the squatch would also have different springs and longer shocks so it would sit higher .

I don't think people should run with this info until someone puts a tape measure on a stock vs squatched BL .
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the awesome story and pictures. As a Tucsonan, I appreciate the speculation about the MGV in the heat. I currently have leather and just have a Turkish towel I throw down if I am in shorts and the seat got too hot. Sounds like the MGV will be fine.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

?Airconditioning?

Plus, never go anywhere without plenty of water (including a spray bottle). Shorts, flipflops, hats. For as much as some of you like posting pictures of scantily dressed females, you would appeciate how little clothing some of the girls wear most of the year in desert cities.

It was 88 degrees in Tucson yesterday (broke the 125 year-old record of 87). That to me is perfect weather.

I don't know how people live in the cold. Cold is PAINFUL.

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
September is cooling off time of the year. July and August are the bad months. This was a pic on June 20 three years ago. My personal comfort limit is 105F, after that it’s feels hot to me. At least we never see ice, and no shoveling of snow, and no tornadoes, hurricanes or sink holes.

Ford Bronco Followed 2 Broncos and got to see Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) Interior 6031A8BA-6714-4F8D-A4DD-EA94AA345999

?Airconditioning?

Plus, never go anywhere without plenty of water (including a spray bottle).

For sure. Both of my vehicles have at least 4 bottles of water inside 24/7 every month of the year. It is a common site at work to see coworkers carrying bottles of water to their cars to store them for later use. In the Jeep, I even have a golf umbrella for when I need shade. I have pulled it out more than once when we get some place and start walking around.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

September is cooling off time of the year. July and August are the bad months. This was a pic on June 20 three years ago. My personal comfort limit is 105F, after that it’s feels hot to me. At least we never see ice, and no shoveling of snow, and no tornadoes, hurricanes or sink holes.

Ford Bronco Followed 2 Broncos and got to see Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) Interior 6031A8BA-6714-4F8D-A4DD-EA94AA345999

For sure. Both of my vehicles have at least 4 bottles of water inside 24/7 every month of the year. It is a common site at work to see coworkers carrying bottles of water to their cars to store them for later use. In the Jeep, I even have a golf umbrella for when I need shade. I have pulled it out more than once when we get some place and start walking around.
Oh, right. I forgot the umbrella that is permanently in the car! Most years, in Tucson, June is the only 105+ time of year because we start getting rain after that. And in Arizona, there are plenty of mountains, so if you are feeling miserable you can drive an hour or two and be at 7000 or more feet of elevation and cool off. You can't take a two hour drive in the winter in cold weather places and suddenly find a warm, sunny beach.?

Sponsored

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...So I pulled up and said “ if you let me see the vinyl I will stop following you”.
I really laughed out loud at this one :ROFLMAO:

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After working 75 hour work weeks the last two weeks in a row I was enjoying my rare day off. I left the house and was headed to LSwranglers, they specialize in dropping LS V8 motors in Wranglers. The V8 option is my plan B if a Bronco doesn't work out. Very convient as they are a local outfit and has been in business for 12 years. The first stoplight from my house I see the twins. My Jeep windows are dirty so the pics are meh ? but it’s something new for you all to read.

I have no place to be, I have gas in the tank, and I have a modified wrangler so I figure there is no place I can’t follow them. I followed from a distance and here are a few pics..

This is a 4 door soft top outer banks with Sasquatch package with the roof peeled back In A51 paint.

Roof sticks up way too much for my liking but it’s easy to get into position. Now I know a soft top is out for me.

Second Bronco is a cyber orange Badlands 2 door on 33” optional wheels.

So it turns out I followed them 20.4 miles from first sighting . 2.4 miles of the 20.4 was off road, yes off road , i am a jeeper ya know. For the locals it is the boyscout trail on the hump that can lead to Goodsprings saloon.

So just to clarify for certain posters out there. I never hounded them, I never honked the horn (in NV it is a $200 fine to blow the horn when not an emergency) and I was about 1/4 mile behind for the most part until we got to stop lights. I am a Jeeper, and have been here for 18 years and I kinda know where they are going no need to crowd them.

So now we go off road, mostly washboard trail. Not like we had to go to 4wd.

The desert in Las Vegas is the Mojave desert. And it is dirt, not sand like in the Sahara desert. So you could leave a half mile distance separation and still be able to follow someone. Anyway they drivers finally pulled over.....

So I pulled up and said “ if you let me see the vinyl I will stop following you”.

The drivers looked at each other like I was speaking Spanish (and I can). I said “ I want to check out the marine grade vinyl. I have a reservation and order day is approaching and I want to know I am making the correct choice on Bronco trim“.

The light bulbs turned on and CO driver asks if I have a cell phone? I said I do and it will stay in my pocket and I will not touch it. CO driver let’s me check out the interior of the 2 door CO. I don’t look at his laptop information I just check out the seats. And no I didn’t take any pics because I kinda promised.

MGV for me 100%. That stuff is awesome!!! Super soft with some texture, cool to the touch, not like bass boat vinyl. Ford did the MGV right!
Very nice. I've been trying to tell people it's not typical vinyl. Just so hard to explain.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The more I see of the optional 33s, I think I like them better than the 35s. It's a happy medium. That is the last detail I need to figure out on my badlands build but am leaving more toward those with every picture i see.
Same for me. It has me leaning away from the BD and more towards the BL.

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In-laws & wife from Munster, she also was medical supply rep. Called on all the hospitals in the area. Many moons ago.

miner Dunn salad burger?
I’m a nurse at Community! Work outpatient surgery so easy peasy!!! We moved from St John about a year and a half ago.

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The leather trimmed vinyl packages on other trims are NOT MGV . They are the regular old style vinyl we have had for years . The leather trimmed on the BL is MGV
Do you have documentation of this? I assumed all vinyl was MGV. If not, now I have another variable on keeping my FE vs going to a BL

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The leather trimmed vinyl packages on other trims are NOT MGV . They are the regular old style vinyl we have had for years . The leather trimmed on the BL is MGV
Not sure what you mean. The Black Diamond trim is MGV according to the B&P not just Badlands.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where did you hear that? ? I haven't seen any indication that optioning up to leather on trims that have MGV standard retains MGV on the vinyl portion of the "leather trimmed" seats.

zeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU wrangler, BMW 3 series
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP thanks for the info. Great story.
Can anybody with firsthand experience of both MGV and Katzkin covers provide a comparison? I'm going to be using my Bronco as a DD when I move to socal.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... ?? don't go out ... and air conditioning.
My Sister and her family live in LV and the A/C runs nonstop from May to October.

?
Sponsored