First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It seems to me; we have had a few challenges during this journey to buy a Bronco. Recently the 4-door model has more B&P challenges than the 2-door model. As expected, we have tried to explain each occurrence and several viable options have surfaced.
  • The B&P application has bugs.
  • Supply chains are damaged.
  • Demand far exceeded expectations.
  • Covid procedures are constraining production.
All these could explain the challenges which have inhibited selections during B&P as well as the late availability of certain components.

I would suggest one additional explanation could be affecting recent decisions. Ford may need more time to fully test the performance and safety aspects of the Bronco when configured with many of the available options and accessories. These options/accessories could add weight, particularly with the 4-door model.

Most companies struggle to keep a balance between engineering/safety and marketing/sales. I am sure marketing loved the “donut doors” and safety saw a nightmare. Now rolls in the Overland Bronco loaded up with marketing’s best ideas. Will we ever see a similar configurable vehicle in 2021? I hope so!

Eventually Ford will be unable to prevent independent vehicle testing personnel from getting their hands on a Bronco. By that time Ford will need to know the safety and performance aspects of an Overland Bronco or similarly equipped Bronco. Fingers crossed!
Sponsored