Sponsored

Food for thought. Take a minute and consider.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are ALL inconvenienced (at the low end of the spectrum) all the way to completely livid and dumping the Bronc for something else (high end of the spectrum) for various reasons.
Timelines didn't pan out as we were either told, led to believe, or assumed.
Parts availability on the B&P, and now with the tops being a delay factor.
Parts available on some builds but not others when we had our hearts set on a certain build that is impossible from the factory (but possible after the fact).
Soooo many grievances and let-downs.
And it permeates this forum like the plague with members going at each other now, arguing over things none of us can control.
I'm just a regular guy on here who always tries to be fair, play the Devil's advocate, tries to boost up my 6G family. so if you don't agree with what I am about to say, that's ok too. It doesn't mean I dislike you or want to argue. It's just something to ponder, no right or wrong answer or conclusion.
Long story short:
I am not surprised by the delay. Not one bit.
Am I bummed? Well, yeah. Am I turning my back on my dream? No.
In this new world we all face (every person on this planet whether you are a school child or a CEO or leader of a nation), these are unprecedented times. We are all STILL in plan B mode, reaction mode, survival mode.
I am a plant manager. I see first-hand how it affects manufacturing, manpower, forecasts, and scheduling. Not to mention $.
Some on here are not in the manufacturing world and think C-19 shouldn't affect a business' means of providing a good or service.
Nothing is further from the truth.
C-19 is a kick in the gut in this sector.
WE, at our plant, have faced shortages from parts, supplies, PPE (Neoprene gloves were $4 a box, now $18 if you can find them), manpower.
Our customer faces the same challenges.
Production is down to about 20% of what it was a year ago due to ALL of the factors C-19 throws in the mix.
SO take a second and breathe before lashing out or thinking things aren't getting handled the way they should, in the time you think they should.
Yeah, it sucks to wait, and now wait even longer. But nothing we say or do will change it.
Remember the serenity prayer.
It certainly applies here.
Peace, my bros and sisters!
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

100%. This ain't Ford's fault. It's the times we live in. I'm shocked they've gotten as far as they have, frankly.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are ALL inconvenienced (at the low end of the spectrum) all the way to completely livid and dumping the Bronc for something else (high end of the spectrum) for various reasons.
Parts available on some builds but not others when we had our hearts set on a certain build that is impossible from the factory (but possible after the fact).
And it permeates this forum like the plague with members going at each other now, arguing over things none of us can control.
I'm just a regular guy on here who always tries to be fair, play the Devil's advocate, tries to boost up my 6G family. so if you don't agree with what I am about to say, that's ok too. It doesn't mean I dislike you or want to argue. It's just something to ponder, no right or wrong answer or conclusion.
Long story short:
In this new world we all face (every person on this planet whether you are a school child or a CEO or leader of a nation), these are unprecedented times. We are all STILL in plan B mode, reaction mode, survival mode.
I am a plant manager. I see first-hand how it affects manufacturing, manpower, forecasts, and scheduling. Not to mention $.
Some on here are not in the manufacturing world and think C-19 shouldn't affect a business' means of providing a good or service.
WE, at our plant, have faced shortages from parts, supplies, PPE (Neoprene gloves were $4 a box, now $18 if you can find them), manpower.
Production is down to about 20% of what it was a year ago due to ALL of the factors C-19 throws in the mix.
SO take a second and breathe before lashing out or thinking things aren't getting handled the way they should, in the time you think they should.
Yeah, it sucks to wait, and now wait even longer. But nothing we say or do will change it.
I am feeling very sleepy now

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still, you'd think they could make X-Plan available as a consolation. It wouldn't even be like they were giving us anything, since they never should have pulled it to begin with...

Sponsored

Ksm

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, we can either roll with the punches or start to bitch and moan. Neither one will make an impact but one is more pleasant for everyone involved. We should be counting our blessings - whatever they may be - if we can still go ahead and purchase a new vehicle during these uncertain times.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Long story short:
What I like least about you is your calm pragmatic nature. Following closely behind that is also that we don't get to hang out and grab a beer while talking cars sometime!

Meanwhile, i'm over here making some new whitewalls for the '61 and still stewing about the user who was furious that Ford doesn't have user-selected contrast stitching on Bronco because it clashes with his color scheme.

What do you think for a '61 T-bird, 2.5", 2.75" or 3" whites on a set of Radial T/A's that have the sidewalls smoothed?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As much as this sucks for us with waiting a little longer for the bronco this sucks much worse for Ford and their employees
They depend on sales of the bronco to help move FordMoCO forward... they need this more than I need a bronco....
They will get it together and eventually we will be tickled friggin pink with our new rigs

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still, you'd think they could make X-Plan available as a consolation. It wouldn't even be like they were giving us anything, since they never should have pulled it to begin with...
Lol.... I think you forgot to read the post before you came in to complain.

They haven't said that they wouldn't eventually give us X-plan either.

Maybe it will happen. Maybe it won't. Who knows. Not much you can do about it but hope and deal with whatever happens in the end.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am offended and bewildered by your mature and reasonable post.

Ford Bronco Food for thought. Take a minute and consider. 1607376352535

Yes, this is sarcastic.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

KMAltig

Black Diamond
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brongo 6Gen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for the food for thought. I am not thinking to dissimilarly. We want to buy a Bronco and had a reservation at 6am day1.
It is fun to dream and consider all the build out possibilities. But at the end of the day it is a car that I want. And will hopefully get.
If that is delayed or the Ford time lines changes, what's the rush? I was taught early that we often trade what we want in the future for what we want now. I eventually got tired of trading out long or mid term goals with that which I wanted now. I can not have it all.
We will be patient and wait for the inevitable date to pick up our new Bronco. Albeit 2021 or 2022.

Have a great day ya'll.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Long story short:
I completely agree.

I'm also in the manufacturing sector and I'm lucky enough to work for an employer that is considered a part of the essential infrastructure and have been working through out all the lock downs and such.

Granted, I'm not a manager like you, but I'm a senior cnc machinist and I can see the impact of the delays and all the schedule juggling that's happening on top of the level of adapting needed to try and do our job while conforming to all the social distancing guidelines and such we have to follow.

Am I upset about the delays impacting the Bronco and it's release?
Not really, as I was expecting some with C-19 and the challenges places are facing in adapting to the new way of life bomb it's dropped on us.

I'm just taking things in stride and dealing with stuff when I need to. I don't want anymore stress added to my life, since C-19, in less than a year's time, has added enough to last the rest of my life.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long story short:
Great post, thanks for sharing. ??

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks OP, very nice post. It sucks 100% but if Ford had a choice in the matter they’d have Broncos rolling off the assembly line today. If y’all recall, the original Job 1 date was supposed to be today according to @Carmaker1 all those years ago. I’m a little wary about how long I’m going to have to wait, since I’m selling my Jeep this weekend and buying a shitbox so I can refinance my place. (Paycuts this year+financed renovations means equity but some bills that gotta be paid lol) if my Bronco doesn’t come in until late next year (wouldn’t be surprised since I’m getting a base) that’s going to REALLY suck. But I’ll survive. Today is the anniversary of Pearl Harbor after all, which shows how damn good we’ve got it right now. Everything you just gotta think about in perspective, in the grand scheme of things a few week delay isn’t gonna change much.
Sponsored