Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some great new footage of the TFL Bronco on the trail with the modified Defender and Wrangler 392 Rubicon.

At 11:30, you can see Tommy activating Stay Bar Disconnect. It really seemed to help with the articulation and getting over those rocks. No doubt it still could have done it with just the lockers, but still very nice!

Painful sounding metal-on-rock scraping at 14:27, but hey ... that's what the armor is for, right?!

It's really great to see how capable the new Bronco is, especially when it's completely stock.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Painful sounding metal-on-rock scraping at 14:27, but hey ... that's what the armor is for, right?!
The LR must have been through there just before, it looked like fresh oil drips.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow this video really shows just how strange the Defender's "locker" system is really is. Is it like a pressure/clutch system similar to the Bronco Sport? Seems to be in-between a real locker and just a limited slip diff.

The LR must have been through there just before, it looked like fresh oil drips.
I was thinking it was just condensation from the A/C unit... but if it's oil from a diff or a pan... that's hilarious.

Thoos

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More money than brains in that video...

These flatlanders encapsulates the biggest problem I see with the Bronco, people that have no clue will get in way over their heads due to overconfident relying on the tech instead of basic competency and common sense.

Sponsored
OP
OP
orange_methodology

orange_methodology

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something I noticed upon re-watching and pausing. In the following screen cap, it looks like the modular bumper is seriously out of alignment with the body. (Note the gap between the bumper and the body that gets larger as you move from the passenger's side to the driver's side.) Is this just due to the body and/or frame flexing and is normal in this situation?

articulating.png

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Say what you want, but you cannot flat tow the Defender behind a motorhome...

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wow this video really shows just how strange the Defender's "locker" system is really is. Is it like a pressure/clutch system similar to the Bronco Sport? Seems to be in-between a real locker and just a limited slip diff.
It's more using traction control. Applying braking pressure to the spinning wheel to transfer more power to the wheel that has traction. More and more modern SUV's are doing that. Very glad the Bronco has actual lockers, and disables traction control in low range. We'll have a REAL off road vehicle. :ROFLMAO:

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Something I noticed upon re-watching and pausing. In the following screen cap, it looks like the modular bumper is seriously out of alignment with the body. (Note the gap between the bumper and the body that gets larger as you move from the passenger's side to the driver's side.) Is this just due to the body and/or frame flexing and is normal in this situation?

Ford Bronco Footage of First Edition Bronco rock crawling with 392 Rubicon and modified Defender articulati

Yeah, looks like frame flex.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking it was just condensation from the A/C unit... but if it's oil from a diff or a pan... that's hilarious.
It actually might be but it's more fun to bash LR.

There was a CJ in the group, if it had the inline 6 those come standard with an undercarriage rust prevention system.

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those flatlanders are from Colorado.

More money than brains in that video...

These flatlanders encapsulates the biggest problem I see with the Bronco, people that have no clue will get in way over their heads due to overconfident relying on the tech instead of basic competency and common sense.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Footage of First Edition Bronco rock crawling with 392 Rubicon and modified Defender articulati
It moves as the Bronco body flexes. no issues here.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really wished Tommy would have tried climbing the line the beefed up defender had a hard ass time going up. I feel as the Bronco could have pulled it off.
Yeah I think with both lockers engaged the Bronco would have made it up there.
Sponsored