Sponsored

Footage of the 360 camera view with winch!

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmmm, then what is considered the trail camera? And on my F150 the 360 "drone" view is made from stitching together the front camera, rear camera and the two cameras in the side mirrors
personally, i want to have a better view under the car and between the tires
Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I've installed 360 degree/front facing cameras on both my f150 and wife's grand Cherokee, so it appears I'll at least be relocating the front camera elsewhere and I may even add 1 or 2 undercarriage cameras where I can switch between views.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just find it hard to believe that with Ford looking to target the off roaders, that the missed the #1 tool that off roaders use.

Maybe they thought we wouldn't notice ;)

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this price range (an optioned out BD and UP), we should be getting a camera like the Defender!! WTF Ford?

Beautiful, huh? Maybe with the latest Sync4 and OTA updates, something like that can become available down the road.Except this vid doesn't show the 3D view.... That's the one I'm talking about.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean, you’re sticking accessories onto the front of the car, you can’t expect them to engineer for every scenario. Maybe aftermarket bumpers will offer a better solution that won’t obstruct.
For FACTORY available stuff - YES I can expect them to engineer for it.

Besides, Jeep figured it out.
Ford Bronco Footage of the 360 camera view with winch! 4E92DF25-6F91-4B5A-BF33-C7E0EC8123C6

JK

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is the solenoid the thing on the top?

if so if you look closely at the image , that wont be enough. You would recover some of the view but the problem here is the winch is sticking out from the bumper itself , not really that its too "high up" in front of the camera

If you removed the top part it would still be too long and cover the trail in front of you
I've been saying this since I saw the angle of the camera at super cel east. Moving the solenoid won't improve the view much at all. The only fix for this is to relocate the camera, or get a new bumper that puts the bumper closer to the vehicle.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Relocate it left or right, little higher. Does it really need to be dead center? That controller box on top of the winch can be relocated also.

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Relocate it left or right, little higher. Does it really need to be dead center? That controller box on top of the winch can be relocated also.
What you guys aren't considering is that there is the top of the bull bar right on the other side of that solenoid package that will also be blocking the camera as soon as you remove the solenoid. As I said, this is extremely broken.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you guys aren't considering is that there is the top of the bull bar right on the other side of that solenoid package that will also be blocking the camera as soon as you remove the solenoid. As I said, this is extremely broken.
Im thinking a quick connect plug with extension harness and additional camera mounted under the bullbar tube. When removing the winch, just disconnect the camera, winch wiring, unbolt the winch mount and reconnect grill camera.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What is more concerning for me is how several potential buyers have been asking Ford staff to see the camera view with winch attached. We always got the same run around. It took Justin, an independent review, to finally get what we needed. What else is being hidden? I guess the story can also be these issues will be fixed in MY22. Nice!