Sponsored

For 22...what makes a wildtrak a wildtrak? A grille and a sticker?

BRONCeyeTIS

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang,qx80
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So after ordering last month , I thought I was getting painted handles, a painted mirror cap and a painted grille..it seems as though they changed that to Mic (mirrors and handles) ...effectively making a wildtrak nothing but a grille and stickers ?
As we know we can option most things to the same spec..engine and SAS etc.. can anyone enlighten me to any other differences?

Thank you.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had not heard of changes to the mirror caps & grille, where did you get this info? The only other differences I can think of would be interior choices and you get Sport goat mode that you don't get on BL.

OP
OP
BRONCeyeTIS

BRONCeyeTIS

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang,qx80
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had not heard of changes to the mirror caps & grille, where did you get this info? The only other differences I can think of would be interior choices and you get Sport goat mode that you don't get on BL.
Saw it here in the order guide thread

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw it here in the order guide thread
My bad, assumed you were referring to 2021MY. Either way I never thought the increase in price for the Wildtrak was worth it for what you get IMO

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So after ordering last month , I thought I was getting painted handles, a painted mirror cap and a painted grille..it seems as though they changed that to Mic (mirrors and handles) ...effectively making a wildtrak nothing but a grille and stickers ?
As we know we can option most things to the same spec..engine and SAS etc.. can anyone enlighten me to any other differences?

Thank you.
Right there with you- just learned all this myself a week before I take delivery, a little disappointed because I would have built it out off a different trim as mentioned.

Seems like Wildtrak is removed from build & price, anyone else see that? So not even making them any more (for the time being)

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It really just saves you a little bit of money compared to adding options a la cart. When I was playing with the build and price thing, out of every trim level after I built it how I wanted, wildtrak was cheaper.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The whole Bronco model line delineations are weak in my opinion. Average Joe isn't going to know the difference between the trim levels.

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here’s my outer trak / wild banks.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/behold-the-wild-banks-outer-trak.31388/

I’ve had this matte black hood graphic for a while now. Just waiting for it to warm up a bit.

https://www.stickerfab.com/collections/2021-ford-bronco/products/hood-overlay-2021-bronco

I plan on swapping the grill to a wildtrak grill if I can find one! I think the aftermarket will take off with grills that are dope before too long. I REALLY like the wildtrak grill with the knockoff raptor style lights wired to one of the aux switches!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford really should have suspended the Wildtrak until it got sorted out and could make it as it was supposed to come. Mod top, painted handles, caps etc etc

Sponsored

SASProbie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windup Toy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Two things that keep me "right now" from the OB. It forces the ruining boards and does not allow for full bash plates. And the build and price is broken still for the WT. But I do believe the WT has the least amount of options to the drivetrain.

When we made our original day one order we had the MOD top as a priority #1. They took that from us...

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I get what you're saying, but there are some reasons to get a WT still. With Forscan it IS equal with OBX trim in options and has a small premium on it, but there are style differences between the 2. What makes me choose WT over OBX is interior (unpopular opinion but I actually like the WT int) and the mirrors. I landed on Cyber Orange as my color, but IMO it requires some contrast; I hate the look of it without enough contrast and the body color mirrors on OBX ruin it for me for CO.

Not that I have a chance of ever getting a Bronco anyway...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't believe this keeps coming up and there's so many WT haters out there. And for God's sake if you don't like it go buy a different trim.

It's not rocket science people: The thing that the wild track offers is the interior. The only other trim is the big bend but you're limited to the mid package.

So if you don't want a vehicle that has a black/dark interior When it's 114° outside, You have two choices: Big Ben or WildTrak.

This of course is not to mentioned that a WT tends to be cheaper than building up any other trim with all the same options. But that's just money. It's all about the lighter interior.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the way I see it. It’s the top trim in the Bronco lineup. Like the limited run FE It’s the only trim that you can’t get a lesser version of. It’s the trim the FE took it’s looks from with gloss black grill, gloss all black wheels (notice all the BL folks blacking out their beauty rings and emblem to look like the WT?) If you want a Wildtrak you can only get it full V6 powered. It’s the only trim that comes with Sasquatch exclusively. You cannot get it with smaller tires and body colored fender flares. It’s the only trim that comes with a patterned cloth seat……I think the digicam seats are fire. It looks finished and high end inside (with carpet floors) and bad ass blacked out appearance. And it is the only trim that comes with unique graphics in the form of the WT good cowl and body graphics so that everyone knows it’s a Wildtrak…..which I love as the graphics help break up all the paint and thickness from the side view of lighter colored paint. It’s a thing of beauty and with upgrades and aftermarket mods you can make other trims look like it, but it comes that way. It’s not meant to bash over rocks (although it could) it’s meant to fly down a dirt road and be the meanest Bronco around town as well. And just look at it…..
Ford Bronco For 22...what makes a wildtrak a wildtrak? A grille and a sticker? 96D5A059-F3CA-4E78-AF56-D6272A5EDD1F

Edit: when decked out with its graphics It’s the only trim that’s immediately recognizable when Sasquatched without having to examine the grill or a sticker, which is the definition of unique.

Last edited:

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could be wrong, but aren't bash plates optional on Wildtrack even though it's' Squatched?
Sponsored