First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HMMWV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What made you ultimately decide on that trim? I keep hearing (and watching videos) of people claiming it to be the most capable bronco. As far as I’m concerned, that title belongs to the badlands. Outside of offering an on-the-road goat mode (sport), it seems like even a base bronco with Sasquatch and 2.7 would be identical in capability minus the creature comforts.

The wildtrak is dubbed as a high speed variant, but can’t any bronco with sas and 2.7 be considered high speed capable? Sure the badlands is heavier so it wouldn’t be on point with the wildtrak, but it does also have Baja mode. And with the raptor variant coming, where does that put this particular trim? It seems to me like they took an already out of place trim and made it awkward with the announcement of the raptor.

Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got it because of the black exterior pieces and I am in the minority that likes the tan interior. Plus it has Area 51 accents which goes with my paint. I do wish I could have had a stabar disconnect and a steel rear bumper though. Badlands would have made more sense for that but I despise the orange on the inside. Everyone and their mom has a badlands so I like to be different.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, the stone/black leather and Area51 accents on the interior with the corresponding Area51/black exterior is the selling factor for me too.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A WT is basically a FE without a stabar disco. Most WT people like the style of the trim and the upper options that are either standard or available. Many WT people do not plan on rock crawling, but do very much want the sport mode. Whatever you get, enjoy!

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The (dash, seat, grab handle, vent clips) accents are the WRONG COLOR on the Badlands. No self respecting, ever-livin, ever-lovin, Fightin Texas Aggie Bronco-driver would stand looking at those on his daily commute.

👍 BTHO WF - Whoop!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mr. Magoo

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 1966 F-100, 1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I first reserved BL but changed. The leather interior topped the disconnect for me. That feature is great but my use for it will be very limited. I like the black trim on the hood and black beauty rings on the wheels. You can create any model to me your personal idea of what a Bronco to be. When you see one now you recognize it as one of the trim levels. A year from now it will be a Bronco.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wt is better (financially) than any other available trim if you want some key options like 2.7, 35", lockers, aux switches, hard top.

And I have no idea why people think the badlands is so much better than the WT. A sway bar disconnect is not that big of a deal. The WT comes with larger tires and the max lift from the factory..... Ironically the first thing people do to an off-road vehicle, and yet somehow the BL is more capable...I don't think so.

I bet, that had the WT had the (imo ugly) dark interior, or the washout flooring, people would be jumping all over it instead of the BL.

bk4gbay

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F-350 STX, '06 Fusion SE, '19 Edge SEL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went WT because of the gloss black accents (also chose gloss black MOD top). Love that look. HOWEVER.... it appears they went to MIC mirror caps and door handles for 2022 and that's a deal breaker. I know everyone says the OBX is the "same" but its not! I want Baja mode and I shouldnt have to pay to have the body colored mirrors, door handles, and "beauty ring" on wheels painted black after delivery. I want that factory if I'm paying more for the WT over the OBX. Maybe when the MOD top comes out in '23 they will switch back 🤷‍♂️

As others have stated, it's a FE without a sway bar disconnect that I dont need in Iowa.

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Couldn’t get an FE in time so I went with the WT. It has everything that I wanted in an FE plus I could get the tow package.

Charlie Westmoreland

Wildtrak
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2004 Excursion, 2017 F-250, 2017 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The (dash, seat, grab handle, vent clips) accents are the WRONG COLOR on the Badlands. No self respecting, ever-livin, ever-lovin, Fightin Texas Aggie Bronco-driver would stand looking at those on his daily commute.

👍 BTHO WF - Whoop!
WHOOP!!!!

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WT comes with stickers.
BL comes with button operated stabilizer bar disconnect.

I think the sta-bar disconnect should be tied to the Sasquatch package, because that was a very important feature for me. :)

Poking fun above, but I actually like the looks of the WT with gloss black trim and roof and the stickers! It's a shame Ford couldn't deliver on that.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll echo the other comments here. I like the Wildtrak styling better. East coast off roading tends to be more mud sloshing than rock crawling. IMHO the stitching and trim should either be a neutral color, not bright orange. I also didn't want an all black interior.

I was disappointed in the exterior changes for MY2022. I'll try wrapping the mirror housings in black film to see how that goes.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Before Ford fucked with it, it was financially the best trim. Ford does not want to build this trim and keeps fucking with it to try and make people switch. What kind of company thinks a rag top is standard equipment on their top trim level? Ford didn’t think they kicked me in the nuts hard enough by charging me for a MIC so they decided to put the cheaper looking handles on it too. I won’t be surprised if their next model year change, they drop the Sasquatch package on it. Right now that’s the only thing keeping me from switching to a Badlands. Pricing a Badlands to my similar WT build makes the Badlands more expensive. In my opinion these things are overpriced as it is. The longer Ford pretends it has commodity issues and continues to pump out big bends with MIC and tow to no reservation, late order people, the longer I have to save.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If wildtrack came with MGV and washout floor I probably would have gone with it. But having three dogs it's just such a pain to vacuum carpet and leather wears too fast on non German vehicles. The only thing I thought I was gonna really miss on my Badlands was sport mode and hello FORScan - already got that enabled!

zer0t

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If wildtrack came with MGV and washout floor I probably would have gone with it. But having three dogs it's just such a pain to vacuum carpet and leather wears too fast on non German vehicles. The only thing I thought I was gonna really miss on my Badlands was sport mode and hello FORScan - already got that enabled!
Does FORScan negatively affect warranty claims?
Sponsored