First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
What made you ultimately decide on that trim? I keep hearing (and watching videos) of people claiming it to be the most capable bronco. As far as I’m concerned, that title belongs to the badlands. Outside of offering an on-the-road goat mode (sport), it seems like even a base bronco with Sasquatch and 2.7 would be identical in capability minus the creature comforts.

The wildtrak is dubbed as a high speed variant, but can’t any bronco with sas and 2.7 be considered high speed capable? Sure the badlands is heavier so it wouldn’t be on point with the wildtrak, but it does also have Baja mode. And with the raptor variant coming, where does that put this particular trim? It seems to me like they took an already out of place trim and made it awkward with the announcement of the raptor.

Am I missing something?
I think you answered your own question!
Sponsored

Reactions: Rat

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does FORScan negatively affect warranty claims?
I don't see how it could when it's a factory equipped option. All you do with FORScan is enable it. But that's just my thought and opinion of course.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I always saw the wt as an optioned up bb with the ability to get the high or lux packages. A loaded bb is slightly cheaper than a base wt, but I understand paying a little more for the imo better looking black accents on the wt. my neighbor has a lux 4dr mic wt in a51 and it’s a great looking ride and he’s very happy with it. Another neighbor a few houses down from him has a 4dr lux soft top sas BL (I think it’s a 2.7L but am not 100% sure as I haven’t talked to them about it yet) that was originally cyber orange and they wrapped it in a matte carbonized black and holy hell does it look mean. That mod bumper really completes the look and makes the bronco look much tougher and meaner in person imo. As for me, I’m waiting on a 4dr soft top mid sas 2.7L black bd (sticking with mod bumper) that costs slightly less than a base wt while I get the underbody protection, a better bumper, and an interior that won’t mildew if I get caught top down in the rain. (After attending the Texas offrodeo, I value the underbody protection more than the stabar disconnect)

With that said, we’ll all have squatched 4dr broncos in our section of the neighborhood and they’re all badass!! You really can’t go wrong with a sas’d bronco, it just depends on your slight personal preferences and how much you’re willing to pay for higher packages.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford was CLEVER when naming all the trims and its America and everyone wants to be BAD >> Badlands.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
yet you are still inline to give Ford your money

as I said in another post:

the Bronco6g way >> bitching to the bitter end.

Before Ford fucked with it, it was financially the best trim. Ford does not want to build this trim and keeps fucking with it to try and make people switch. What kind of company thinks a rag top is standard equipment on their top trim level? Ford didn’t think they kicked me in the nuts hard enough by charging me for a MIC so they decided to put the cheaper looking handles on it too. I won’t be surprised if their next model year change, they drop the Sasquatch package on it. Right now that’s the only thing keeping me from switching to a Badlands. Pricing a Badlands to my similar WT build makes the Badlands more expensive. In my opinion these things are overpriced as it is. The longer Ford pretends it has commodity issues and continues to pump out big bends with MIC and tow to no reservation, late order people, the longer I have to save.

Newusername

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F350, 17 GT350, 22 Bronco (on order)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the accents, interior leather and overall package fit my needs, i don't rock crawl so the swaybar disconnect didn't matter to me.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was initially my pick since it was a decent way to get the MIC top, 2.7, SAS, etc. Stuck with it because of sport mode (wouldn't want an ecoboost/10 spd vehicle without it although it sounds like forscan has fixed this) and the black and tan interior and non-obnoxious accent colors.

The (dash, seat, grab handle, vent clips) accents are the WRONG COLOR on the Badlands. No self respecting, ever-livin, ever-lovin, Fightin Texas Aggie Bronco-driver would stand looking at those on his daily commute.

👍 BTHO WF - Whoop!
Also yes. Thanks and gig 'em!

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kept flip flopping back and forth between the Badlands and Wiltrak before settling on the Badlands because of the MGV and washout floors. With an infant, a dog, and many trips to the beach planned that’ll come more in handy to me than 35s. That said I think the ‘21 Wildtraks with the body colored door handles, gloss black mirrors and grill, black beauty ring, and black hood graphic are by far the best looking Broncos, I also personally like the ever so controversial pattern of the cloth seats. If they didn’t change (downgrade) the exterior for ‘22 I might have bought a wildtrak and had the interior detailed every so often

TM WildTrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got the WT because...
- Sport Mode
- Black Wheels
- Like the sandstone trimmed seats and interior
- Prefer blue colored accents, Not a fan of orange accents
- No desire to do hardcore rock crawling so don't care about the sway disconnect
- With the Raptor coming, the WT could be a niche trim that could be phased out eventually. Could be good to have one when/if that happens.

Sponsored

Cesbles88

Wildtrak
First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaysmobilespa.com
Vehicle(s)
Volvo C70
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What made you ultimately decide on that trim? I keep hearing (and watching videos) of people claiming it to be the most capable bronco. As far as I’m concerned, that title belongs to the badlands. Outside of offering an on-the-road goat mode (sport), it seems like even a base bronco with Sasquatch and 2.7 would be identical in capability minus the creature comforts.

The wildtrak is dubbed as a high speed variant, but can’t any bronco with sas and 2.7 be considered high speed capable? Sure the badlands is heavier so it wouldn’t be on point with the wildtrak, but it does also have Baja mode. And with the raptor variant coming, where does that put this particular trim? It seems to me like they took an already out of place trim and made it awkward with the announcement of the raptor.

Am I missing something?
Hi, great question, for me it was pricing and the fact that it was the closest in trim to the FE ( minus the front sway ). Will i go in the mud, YES. Will i go on some trails, YES. Will i be hauling a$$ in Sports MOde, OH heck YEA. Will in be in MOAB going extreme, most likely NOT. But knowing that i can makes me sleep well at night. 12/06 build ( WK, AB, SAS, LUX, TOW, MIC )

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always saw the wt as an optioned up bb with the ability to get the high or lux packages. A loaded bb is slightly cheaper than a base wt, but I understand paying a little more for the imo better looking black accents on the wt. my neighbor has a lux 4dr mic wt in a51 and it’s a great looking ride and he’s very happy with it. Another neighbor a few houses down from him has a 4dr lux soft top sas BL (I think it’s a 2.7L but am not 100% sure as I haven’t talked to them about it yet) that was originally cyber orange and they wrapped it in a matte carbonized black and holy hell does it look mean. That mod bumper really completes the look and makes the bronco look much tougher and meaner in person imo. As for me, I’m waiting on a 4dr soft top mid sas 2.7L black bd (sticking with mod bumper) that costs slightly less than a base wt while I get the underbody protection, a better bumper, and an interior that won’t mildew if I get caught top down in the rain. (After attending the Texas offrodeo, I value the underbody protection more than the stabar disconnect)

With that said, we’ll all have squatched 4dr broncos in our section of the neighborhood and they’re all badass!! You really can’t go wrong with a sas’d bronco, it just depends on your slight personal preferences and how much you’re willing to pay for higher packages.
Pics of the matte black wrap please?

slocobra03

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, Explore ST, MG, Isetta, Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not being allowed to build a Bronco ala carte the WT was as close as I could get to fulfilling my wants list.
I agree with this.... I do not need the disconnects or washout interior... the WT met most of my needs and aftermarket with be my "ala cart" options toy box.

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reason I changed my order from a WT to a BL is because of the horrible interior... the seats are bad enough, but that brown dash? Yeeesh.

Then once I realized a BL was basically a FE without the sticker, it was a no-brainer. Had no idea you couldn't get the sway disconnect on the WT when I first ordered, never really paid attention to the details like that until I got sucked into the FB groups and forum!

So looking back now, the only WT benefit is the color-scheme and gloss black grill... IF you like that.

HuntinHabit

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For me it was the interior and side steps as the two driving forces to order the Wildtrak. I agree, some of the initial pictures of the interior leather did not look great, but anything was better than the all black and orange on the Badlands. Then we drove a WT at the Off-Rodeo, and it looks fantastic, my wife and I both loved it. I ordered velocity blue, so the blue accents on the WT look great.

I sure would have liked the SB disconnect, but honestly would very rarely be used. Other than that, there was no benefit to the Badlands. The steps are a must have for my wife, so that would have just been an extra cost to pull rock rails and add steps also.
Sponsored