First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500HD, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today I switched my dealer, so I’m done. I can’t make another change. But, if you have customers who are waiting and you have provided them with nothing: no guarantee’s, no comfort and no info. It is probably time to reach out. Tell them how you are going to price things, make them feel valued and expect that if you can’t be transparent they are going to switch.

I decided I could handle a road trip for the sake of security and went for it. Everyone has to make their own decisions, and Ford has not made it easy.

@Fordmotorco if you are listening. Next time you do a release and pre-order, setting the rules and the prices for pre-ordered vehicles might be a good idea.
Sponsored

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another note to dealers: At least reply to your customers if they ask you questions!!

My dealer quit responding to my inquiries when I started talking about plan pricing. Trying to switch but so far not a single other dealer within 200 miles will respond to anything Bronco related, just want to sell me a new truck.

FTFRS

To anybody else, definitely don't hesitate to reach out to your initial reservation dealer if they haven't reached out yet. Still plenty of time to switch. I reached out to mine, and unfortunately it sounds like they'll be one of the dealers trying to add ADMs to Broncos. So, I fired off like 10 emails to surrounding dealers within a 2 hour drive, and had a quick response from one within 15 minutes of the email that reassured me that they would not be playing any games, just straight MSRP or X-plan. A 2 hour drive is definitely worth a painless and upfront pricing experience that will potentially save me thousands. If dealers around you aren't responding to emails, call them. There's no excuse for dealers trying to mark up a high-production vehicle like the Bronco, so there's no reason you should play their games just because they're the closest to you.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mother Ford can't set prices. Prices are set by the dealer.

Manufacturers can suggest a price >> MSRP >> Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price

Today I switched my dealer, so I’m done. I can’t make another change. But, if you have customers who are waiting and you have provided them with nothing: no guarantee’s, no comfort and no info. It is probably time to reach out. Tell them how you are going to price things, make them feel valued and expect that if you can’t be transparent they are going to switch.

I decided I could handle a road trip for the sake of security and went for it. Everyone has to make their own decisions, and Ford has not made it easy.

@Fordmotorco if you are listening. Next time you do a release and pre-order, setting the rules and the prices for pre-ordered vehicles might be a good idea.

Reactions: DHC
OP
OP
Seralan

Seralan

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500HD, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mother Ford can't set prices. Prices are set by the dealer.

Manufacturers can suggest a price >> MSRP >> Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price
That may be true, but other launch edition cars from other manufacturers don’t have games on pre-order. I fully support dealers who buy on risk or who are left with vehicles that people backed out of, making more profit, if it is there to make. But Mother Ford could limit pre-order sales to dealers that want to play along. It would eliminate customers feeling like they need to travel and balance the distribution. Ford does not have to and did not allow all dealers on the pre-order.

I only changed dealers because of the lack of information. I would have paid MSRP and stayed home if there had been ANY communication. It is not a customers job to nag the dealer. They need to be proactive for their own benefit.
Sponsored