Sponsored

How long do you keep your vehicles?

HOW LONG (ON AVERAGE) DO YOU KEEP YOUR VEHICLES BEFORE SELLING/TRADING-IN?

• 1-2 YEARS

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 3-5 YEARS

Votes: 52 22.6%
  • 6-9 YEARS

Votes: 44 19.1%
  • 10+ YEARS

Votes: 125 54.3%

• Total voters

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How long do you normally keep a vehicle for before selling or trading it in?
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the most part until they go to the scrap yard... seems I’m not much of a salesman, so I’ve gotta give em away

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like cars too much to not try as many of them as I can. I'm not as prolific as some of my friends, but I've been known to juggle owning 3-4 at a time

KGRoberts

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've kept my first car, obtained in 1984. Though have had many since.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like cars too much to not try as many of them as I can. I'm not as prolific as some of my friends, but I've been known to juggle owning 3-4 at a time
Noob... I had 7 trucks, 2 broncos and 3cars at one time. 🤣

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

About once every 3-5 years, mainly because my horsepower demands keep going up. The bronco I could see being a stable long-term OR / weekend fun vehicle.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had my H3 the longest of my vehicles 6 years. I wish I still had it. My favorite vehicle. I traded for a jeep I thought I needed. I hated it. Got rid of it quickly, about 1.5 years later. Had my car a few years now. Plan on keeping my bronco for long time. I think it be like my H3 and new favorite that’s everything I love again.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on the car. I've had and sold a lot of cars in my life time, at one point I had 27 and most of them were cherry. However, In the last 15 years or so I've started really getting the miles out of them.

So, now I just have two cars. I typically only buy new. My oldest is 4 years old, but is still well within the 100,000/10 year warranty. And I don't plan to keep what I'm driving now. It's just to hold me over until my Bronco gets delivered.

The Bronco, though, I hope to keep it until I can't drive it anymore.

Sponsored

dbweb

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Pro 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Usually until I can get more from a salvage yard then a dealership will give me in trade value.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm almost 50 and I've had probably over 50 cars. I'm not bragging, I have a problem or a passion, sorta the same thing. Almost every car manufacturer, but mostly Ford. I have even owned a Sterling 825. (Look that one up, or not, it was a pile of shit).

I've been obsessed with cars from a little kid and now I am fortunate to be able to buy a sell them regularly.

Young kids today do not have the automobile passion that many of us had or current have. My dad had a Bronco and I've always wanted one, yet never owned one. Driven many many 80's and 90's Broncos.

Out of all the spectacular automobiles I've owned, I have never been more excited to own this new Bronco.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least as long as my reservation was before I actually received it. 😅

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I currently have a 2004 Focus ZTS 2.3 5 speed that is a great car, but the midwest winters are rotting the body away like most Focus(es?). I keep the drivetrain, brakes, and tires up to date so its a good, cheap runner that will be sold off for the Bronco. As for my 1996 regular cab long box, manual shift 4x4 with hub locks, 351w F150 XLT I'll keep that as long as I can just because it's a great truck and sentimental to me. I'm no stranger to keeping vehicles for a long time, and I plan to keep the Bronco for life. That's why I'm so confused about all the people posting about trade in values, hoping they gain value for being rare, etc... I laugh at people who look down on others for taking a loan on a new vehicle, because that only holds true if they sell it off early and take a bath. That doesn't apply to those of us who keep vehicles long term and try to do most of our own maintenance.

Deleted member 20241

On average 12 to 18 years if we buy new. The family Ford, Annie, is a record holder as it has been in the family since June 1958 but then again it is a 1930 Model A Ford Deluxe Coupe. This potential new Ford Bronco will not be with me personally as long as the “A“ Ford due to my own lifespan 😂.

I hope to enjoy both if possible for decades to come. Great question by the way!
Sponsored