Sponsored

How long do you keep your vehicles?

HOW LONG (ON AVERAGE) DO YOU KEEP YOUR VEHICLES BEFORE SELLING/TRADING-IN?

• 1-2 YEARS

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 3-5 YEARS

Votes: 52 22.6%
  • 6-9 YEARS

Votes: 44 19.1%
  • 10+ YEARS

Votes: 125 54.3%

• Total voters

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

10yrs.

The exception so far is my 94 Mustang GT I bought around May 1999 and the 7yr old daughter loves it and will probably be her first car. I am expecting the Bronco to be like the Mustang and hang around longer.

Been planning on what to replace the Mustang with...thinking a mid engine vett, Cayman, or build a factory five hot rod with a 7.3.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MyATV

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Usually until hell freezes over. Still have my 80 vette. My 2003 Mercedes is still running ( but is close to dead)

Deleted member 18388

In the past kept my beaters for about 3 years. But I plan on keeping my 2011 Ranger until I don't have room for it. And keeping the Bronco forever.

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My current ride is 18 years old with only 90K miles on it. It has been referred to as Grandpa Gold. Someone will have the opportunity to buy it when I trade it in for my Bronco.
Same here, I call these vehicles the unicorns of used cars, old man-1 owner.
Bought my current truck from and old man who's wife took away his keys.
2010 F-150 w/ 30k...
Sill has just under 60k miles on it and I plan on keeping it forever. It's been a great truck.
Likely the same deal with the Bronco, but as for the rest...most don't stick around long. But I've never bought new.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same here, I call these vehicles the unicorns of used cars, old man-1 owner.
Bought my current truck from and old man who's wife took away his keys.
2010 F-150 w/ 30k...
Sill has just under 60k miles on it and I plan on keeping it forever. It's been a great truck.
Likely the same deal with the Bronco, but as for the rest...most don't stick around long. But I've never bought new.
When I was trying to spy colors on other Ford models, the dealer asked if he could take a look. He couldn't believe it as it looked brand-new. I told him in the past 18 years 5 people have sat in the back seat and the passenger seat may have been used 20x. Also, I'm a proud slow-poke. The engine has never exceeded 3500 rpms. Ever. Not a single speck of rust. I would keep it as I won't get much in trade. But I don't need to insure 2 vehicles when I can only drive 1. The Bronco will be the next Grandpa Gold when I trade it in.

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I was trying to spy colors on other Ford models, the dealer asked if he could take a look. He couldn't believe it as it looked brand-new. I told him in the past 18 years 5 people have sat in the back seat and the passenger seat may have been used 20x. Also, I'm a proud slow-poke. The engine has never exceeded 3500 rpms. Ever. Not a single speck of rust. I would keep it as I won't get much in trade. But I don't need to insure 2 vehicles when I can only drive 1. The Bronco will be the next Grandpa Gold when I trade it in.
You sir, have more self discipline than I. When I first got it, I babies it around. In the last year or so, I've found myself getting on it pretty hard every once in a while. Also, mine is no beauty queen. The previous owner bent both front and back bumpers a bit, and it has a few songs in it(that's why his wife took his keys and made him sell it) I'll get around to replacing the bumpers and fixing the dents eventually.....but on the other hand, when I actually wash it, and it's clean, the Tuxedo Black paint is gorgeous. One of the better black colors I've ever seen and makes Shadow Black look almost cartoonist

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I keep all my vehicles for approximately the same time - 35 months and 29 days. lol. Except my current vehicle that I extended for the Bronco delivery. The Bronco will be the first car I purchase, and potentially the last. I'm a leaser.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FOREVER

Have everyone ever purchased they all run and drive.

SantaStephen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.santastephen.org
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLE, Discovery II, 67 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Depends on the car...our Element we kept for 10 years. Then we had a couple of Explorers in a row before switching to leases so every 3 years get something new.

I have an old Discovery that may be getting replaced with a Bronco in a few years, we’ve had that for about 4-5 years I think? The main thing the Bronco will be used for is to haul the dogs around.

We also had a couple of i3s that we leased for commuting but since covid (and being full time work from home now) when that lease ended last year we didn’t replace it.

And we have a 67 vette that has been in the family since new and that will be with us until we die. So typically at any time we have 3-4 cars sitting in the driveway or garage.

Sponsored

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I'm done, nobody usually wants them. Being in a small town we have many neighborhood garages that can do tires, brakes, exaust, oil changes etc, even heads and trannies. Reasonable labor and parts rates and good work. So I'm 10-12 years 225 to 260K miles. I sold a 1996 F150 I was shoeing horses out of for 11 years. It always had over a 1000 pounds of tools and shoes in it. I put 238K on it, a local young guy made it his daily driver for another 20K and then a local mechanic bought it and plowed with it till the frame folded. Think it was close to 270.

RoadKiller

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk-Wife gets new and I get left over
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

16 years about. My wife (princess) gets the new car for kids and our vacations. Than when it hits about 8 years 100,000 miles I take over. Princess gets a new one and I get the junk. Raised 3 kids so you can imagine some of my rides! I would have them longer but at 100,000 we get new one. This will be FIRST new car I get - no hand me down. Wife wants me to have it more than me. She keeps telling me quit researching it and just buy it. But I'm in for it this time as our 2012 Highlander is just over that 100,000. Vacation car needs 3rd row.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've owned a lot of cars in my mind :) but not so many in real life. I've only got so much money to go around and too many things competing for it, so I tend to keep vehicles a long time. I've never traded in a vehicle because dealers give you crap for a trade-in. (Sidebar: if you ever got a "great deal" on a trade-in, that just means you got shafted on the new vehicle or didn't realize how much more you could have gotten selling it yourself.) I've only sold one vehicle before and that was because I didn't like the reliability. The main reasons for no longer having vehicles is kids. Kids have killed a couple and each takes one when they leave.:)

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Never purchased a brand new vehicle before, in fact I've never purchased a vehicle for myself that wasn't already 10 years old. If this vehicle lives up to the hype, and my wife doesn't do something crazy like have twins in the near future, I plan on easily 10 plus years with this vehicle. Maybe a lifetime ownership.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i am 53 years old and have owned over 22 vehicles. as an enthusiast, i like something which is open to customization, fun to drive and may be a little unique. the necessity of a manual transmission on at least one of my cars is an absolute. i will vary in the lengths of ownership on vehicles, my longest so far is 11 years for my tacoma which i will continue to own after delivery of my bronco. my tacoma will outlive cockroaches. unfortunately i am getting a little bit too big and due to health problems my fiat 124 (miata) is just too small. so after 4, 5 or maybe 6 years of ownership i will be trading it in on my bronco.........
Sponsored