Sponsored

For non powered subs, what amp are you using?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm using a kenwood KAC-D8105 5 channel amp.
Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the PnP kit for the AudioControl ACM 4.300. The Key 200 was out of stock and the ACM puts out more power. Mounted above the glove box on those metal reinforcement bars to a scrap piece of acrylic sheet with a layer of CCF glued on for cushioning and secured via zip ties. There was a bare metal bar directly to the left under the dash that appeared to have several ground points already and I used that to ground the amp. Even with the GTO signal sense on, I get some light popping through the rear speakers upon turning on and off. I'll probably re-run the ground directly to the battery when I run the wires for the sub amp which I'll probably do next spring. I'm running Morel Maximo Ultra Coax 402 in the dash with 47uF bass blockers and Morel Maximo Coax 6 in the kicks with the factory speakers in the back. Plan is to move the Coax 6 to the back with Mabett speaker pods and install the Ultra Coax 602s in the kicks.

Sub plan right now is an Alpine S-A60M for amp and an S-Series 12 inch sub in a sealed box, but I'll see what JL does for a Stealthbox and then probably use whatever JL amp is recommended.

Ford Bronco For non powered subs, what amp are you using? 313205946_10225667215400644_7872954933486087166_n

Last edited:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fantastic work, thinking about something similar too...Have a Hideaway 10 rn but need a stealthy solution b/c I leave the hardtop off for extended periods of time. So to be clear, the front portion of that raised bed is the sub box, right? Really dig this and might fab up a false floor just to hide the HS10 for the time being.

I've run all my own audio for years...JL, Focal, Infinity, etc. With the constraints and considerations of integration with modern fully featured vehicles, the Key with PnP harness is a fantastic option. Does it sound as good as some of my SQ setups in the past? 90% of the way there, and with this convertible/MT tired vehicle, that's good enough without spending 5x as much!
Thanks man. I am super pleased with this setup and have had many good systems over the years. A good sounding system doesnā€™t have to cost $2500 and agree 90% is good enough. I just wanted good sound top off or up at any reasonable speed and it does that with flying colors. To answer the question the front part is the sub box and the rear panel is filler and can be lifted and moved, but the way I built it, creates nice ā€œhiddenā€ storage underneath. Also creates nice separation if you have something from the grocery store you donā€™t want crushed. I can PM you some more pics if needed. Used 3/4 MDF and Metra speaker box fabric. Lastly it almost has a flush floor with rear seats let down.

22rcsb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OB 2 dr, 22 sport badlands, '22 F150 rcsb
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Putting together the bits for a kicker key 200.4 driving a front stage of stereo integrity M3 carbons in the dash and TM65 MKIV's in the kicks. stock non B&O head unit powering Audison AP4s for a little rear fill and a key 500.1 with a stereo integrity BM MKIV sub hung on the back door. Planning on mounting both amps under the dash using a Hoel bi amp harness. 2 door with no plans of going topless. nick, the owner of stereo integrity, assures me that the kicker amps will be more than adequate for the build. https://stereointegrity.com/

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like your choices for components:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-dsp-speakers-and-sub-lots-of-pictures.43856/

I also love seeing something other than Kicker Key amps.
Wow! Your set-up is fantastic! I like that you think outside the box and followed your own path! Most people toss in a Kicker amp and Kicker speakers based on forum recommendations and call it a day. Itā€™s cheap and definitely an upgrade from the base system! I, personally, like Kickerā€™s mono amps and subs, but was never interested in their other offerings!
Once again, excellent component selection and awesome build!

Sponsored

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! Your set-up is fantastic! I like that you think outside the box and followed your own path! Most people toss in a Kicker amp and Kicker speakers based on forum recommendations and call it a day. Itā€™s cheap and definitely an upgrade from the base system! I, personally, like Kickerā€™s mono amps and subs, but was never interested in their other offerings!
Once again, excellent component selection and awesome build!
Thanks! I like seeing different approaches and using that info to help me figure out what direction to take for my builds.

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Putting together the bits for a kicker key 200.4 driving a front stage of stereo integrity M3 carbons in the dash and TM65 MKIV's in the kicks. stock non B&O head unit powering Audison AP4s for a little rear fill and a key 500.1 with a stereo integrity BM MKIV sub hung on the back door. Planning on mounting both amps under the dash using a Hoel bi amp harness. 2 door with no plans of going topless. nick, the owner of stereo integrity, assures me that the kicker amps will be more than adequate for the build. https://stereointegrity.com/
Did you get this installed? I have a pile of SI components sitting here waiting for my Bronco to arrive

menikmati

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JL Audio MV1000/5i amp
JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 sub, wired to an Anderson connector behind the rear seats for easy unplug and removal when I need the full cargo area

Ford Bronco For non powered subs, what amp are you using? IMG_6678

Ford Bronco For non powered subs, what amp are you using? PXL_20230101_205713133

Ford Bronco For non powered subs, what amp are you using? PXL_20230101_205752876

Kdk12

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Yamaha V-star Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

JBL bass pro go - sounds great and the portability is great.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Skar M5001-D (500w Monoblock) powering a custom enclosure with two Skar 10" Subwoofers, Kenwood KAC-314 powering two Rockville RWB65B Wakeboard Towers in the back. Front is un-amped, Focal Auditor ACX100s in the dash, and stock Kick Panel speakers.

Ford Bronco For non powered subs, what amp are you using? 1674645177051

Sponsored

22rcsb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you get this installed? I have a pile of SI components sitting here waiting for my Bronco to arrive
Still waiting for the last piece of the puzzle, the hoel wiring harness. I contacted them in the fall and they were very helpful but ran out of inventory in october. Their website still shows no inventory for bronco harnesses and I've attempted to contact them repeatedly with no success. About to give up hope and move to a plug and play but not sure they offer the same bi amp facility that the hoel does, or at least did.

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Still waiting for the last piece of the puzzle, the hoel wiring harness. I contacted them in the fall and they were very helpful but ran out of inventory in october. Their website still shows no inventory for bronco harnesses and I've attempted to contact them repeatedly with no success. About to give up hope and move to a plug and play but not sure they offer the same bi amp facility that the hoel does, or at least did.
Iā€™ve read that P&P will do a custom biamp harness upon request. Wouldnā€™t be difficult, I think, to modify one if not

22rcsb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ve read that P&P will do a custom biamp harness upon request. Wouldnā€™t be difficult, I think, to modify one if not
that's my next step, right after I give up hope on the hoel solution.
Sponsored