Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why not just add aftermarket fog lights? I'm sure I will, since I've added aftermarket lighting to almost every vehicle I've owned.

OEM fog lights are typically poor designs and ineffective; if you truly need a fog light for the way you use the vehicle, then you'll be much better served by aftermarket lights anyway.

I am certain that there will be Bronco specific installation kits that will come up in the aftermarket, so I wouldn't let that affect how I'd choose other options...
The complaint in this case was more about not having the factory foglight button when you get the modular bumper.

What if you can program the AUX switch to come on when the key is on? I know on the Jeeps, you can program when the AUX switches come on/off, not sure if Ford does this too, but would be cool to have the option.
That's how the switches work on my dad's Raptor.

So, the answer is again vague, in that whoever answered didn't understand what was being asked - we're trying to figure out if you get the steel rear if you opt for the modular front, but they only answered which ones both comes standard on - it's standard on those three, but doesn't address whether it's included on other trims if you opt to check the option box for the modular front.

I still fear it may not come with the rear one.

As I said previously in the thread, that plastic rear bumper is atrocious looking. May have to look into ordering the steel one through the parts department or something.

Yeah, I don't want to use an aux switch for fog lights, so I will go after market, I guess. I hope they make a bumper like my son has on his TJ which are just simple tube bumpers with a brush guard. The rear bumper saved his Jeep when someone rear ended him.
How will going aftermarket help the aux switch situation?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Raptor doesn't have factory fogs either.
I know, that's why I said add them. When I had a Raptor, I used the Raptor Lights mounting kit with the 2 cubes per side setup and used Rigid D series cubes with amber lenses on them.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How will going aftermarket help the aux switch situation?
Because then I will have fog lights already wired into the switch where they are supposed to be with the other lights.

fltechpilot

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S3 1984 Porsche 928S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks so much! How high would you estimate to the top of the platform (i.e. how tall is that yakima platform)? I haven't been able to find that dimension on the Yakima website despite a lot of searching.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Because then I will have fog lights already wired into the switch where they are supposed to be with the other lights.
Oh, I understand - you were saying you wouldn't get the modular from Ford, so you'd have the factory fogs wired and THEN go aftermarket.

I thought you were saying modular and THEN go aftermarket, which didn't make sense lol

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks so much! How high would you estimate to the top of the platform (i.e. how tall is that yakima platform)? I haven't been able to find that dimension on the Yakima website despite a lot of searching.
Probably only a couple of inches. I don’t remember anything sticking up higher than the tubular platform other than the stuff they are hauling

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm aware of the the Aux switches and their wiring back to the fuse box. I would rather the fog lights not be controlled via Aux. Down at the left knee are the headlights controls and fog lights. If the trim doesn't include fog lights due to other option (steel bumper), then the fog light control at the knee just gets a dummy switch with no wiring guts behind it. That is no bueno.
Why not just add aftermarket fog lights? I'm sure I will, since I've added aftermarket lighting to almost every vehicle I've owned.

OEM fog lights are typically poor designs and ineffective; if you truly need a fog light for the way you use the vehicle, then you'll be much better served by aftermarket lights anyway.

I am certain that there will be Bronco specific installation kits that will come up in the aftermarket, so I wouldn't let that affect how I'd choose other options...
Exactly, and aftermarket provides switches which will Fill the dummy switch location. Don’t see why you would need to use the aux panel.
Sponsored