Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco For those of us that still have a MIC on order... here's recent feedback burn-lick
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, because it is just pure speculation at this point.
What is speculation exactly? The cracks are there, fact. The interior of MIC is cardboard, fact. Cardboard doesn't like to get wet, fact.

Look, if that shit is acceptable to you on a vehicle that's upwards of $50k+ to some of us that's cool but for many of us we see the issue and know what's going to happen down the road. It's not even just the fact that it's going to crumble apart down the road but the fact it looks like shit straight from the factory. The tops will not hold up for years, period.

Delight

Big Bend
First Name
Delight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At 2500 miles my MIC 4dr top looks great and am very happy with it.
Only issue is the occasional creaking noise when cold on driver’s corner (temp fix w/felt at the post).
10/25 build week, picked up at dealer Nov. 1.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For what it's worth I tap tested as much of my mic top as I could reach and didn't hear any de-lams. Edges looked good. Melting snow and pressure water rinse didn't see any evidence of leakage.
Well, despite the herculean efforts of Ford QC, a few good tops are bound to slip through.... :cool:

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, the Z4 Coupe is better looking because the rear duck bill on the roadster's deck lid is not present. The hard roof sheetmetal and rear hatch drastically improves the overall look.

The front facia is still not as pleasing to look at as I'd like, but combined with the hard roof and hatch the overall look of the car brings out the good lines of the hood and fenders.
Nope, that’s not it!

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is speculation exactly? The cracks are there, fact. The interior of MIC is cardboard, fact. Cardboard doesn't like to get wet, fact.

Look, if that shit is acceptable to you on a vehicle that's upwards of $50k+ to some of us that's cool but for many of us we see the issue and know what's going to happen down the road. It's not even just the fact that it's going to crumble apart down the road but the fact it looks like shit straight from the factory. The tops will not hold up for years, period.
Um... stating the word "fact" and it being a real fact is not how it works. Since none of us are exactly familiar with the overall engineering and specifically the waterproof-ness of the interior structure of the MIC panels, none of us can make a "statement of fact" water will damage the top.

Testing your "facts" and having the test data would be nice.

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my 2dr Badlands/squatch just under a month ago. Being a 2dr it only came with the MIC top. I have no issues with mine. All the surface and edges are great. No leaking. I drove a 4dr Wilttrack with soft top for 2 weeks (loaner) while waiting for mine to arrive. The MIC is SOOO much better, quieter and better temps than the soft top.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Um... stating the word "fact" and it being a real fact is not how it works. Since none of us are exactly familiar with the overall engineering and specifically the waterproof-ness of the interior structure of the MIC panels, none of us can make a "statement of fact" water will damage the top.

Testing your "facts" and having the test data would be nice.
there have literally been breakdowns of the MICs posted here by Ford employees that are dismantling the MIC 1.0...We know exactly what materials were used on the internal construction of the tops. On what planet does cardboard hold up to moisture?

Look, I'm not going to argue back and forth about the tops. The current crop don't look much better in the opinions and personal experiences of some owners. If you love it then awesome, glad for you but speaking for myself I'm not paying $56k for a cracked top that is splitting either during assembly, shipment or just after delivery.

Sponsored

Bronco9522

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I received my Bronco a couple days ago with a 2.0 MIC (built 10/25). Thanks to this forum I knew what to look for. Most of the edges looked good except for one vertical seem on the corner that had some delaminating. The dealer and I both took pictures, documented the issue in my signed paperwork and I was on my way.

After letting the top dry out I applied some epoxy to the seem and was happy with the results. The dealership is following up with Ford's Regional Sales Rep after the holiday weekend but I'm not even sure I want a replacement. We'll see what he/she says.
Ford Bronco For those of us that still have a MIC on order... here's recent feedback burn-lick
Thanks Chris for posting.
Can you also post a pic of after ? just for comparing ?

Thanks a lot

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Post pic as requested. Also added it to my original post.
Ford Bronco For those of us that still have a MIC on order... here's recent feedback PXL_20211201_193710282
Nice job 4xFord! (y) Makes you wonder why Webasto can't do something like that.
Sponsored