Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ugh, these utter clowns. These incompetent buffoons. šŸ¤¬
that looks EXACTLY like the dealer mannequin at a local dealer that was received late last month. I made a thread on it at the time voicing my concerns. If my top shows up like that it will be replaced.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sorry, but what exactly has you so pissed? No one on this Forum has yet to show any of the instances of an unpleasant-looking edge on the MIC top will actually cause any short term or long term problem with the top.

People are taking macro photographs of the vertical edges of the MIC top and automatically assuming it is a quality problem. It could be the edge you took a pic of meets Ford's tolerances for the MIC top and will meet the durability requirements set forth for the top design.
you serious? moisture gonna eat the insides.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

you serious? moisture gonna eat the insides.
I don't know. Exposed edges can't be good long term. I hope Ford is working on a solution.

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sorry, but what exactly has you so pissed? No one on this Forum has yet to show any of the instances of an unpleasant-looking edge on the MIC top will actually cause any short term or long term problem with the top.
Because we have yet to enter winter on a broad scale. What exactly do you think will happen when water seeps into those unsealed edges and freezes? Ice volume > water volume = the edges of your top separate and splay, allowing even more water to enter, freeze, separate the plastic layers of the top even further, allowing even more water to enter, freeze, repeat ad infinitum. This is not a cosmetic issue.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ya...my soft top will work just fine until AFC molds their superior aftermarket top soon. No regrets leaving the trash MIC(multi-color) behind.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My MIC 2.0 is delaminating in the exact same spots on the driverā€™s side. Unbelievable thereā€™s still an issue after all this. I was checking out the thread on here outlining issues with the 2.0 top but gave up after it reached 55 pages. Probably going to be a 5.0 version before they get it right.
This would not have happen over at Toyota they take quality seriously

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F150, Mustang Conv, 69 Bronco. 62 Ec
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2 door Outer Banks ordered April 4ā€¦received build number in Octoberā€¦but still waiting for a build date I donā€™t see any thing happening until Feb or March of 22. To get me through the long wait I picked up a jewel of 1995 Bronco. See belowā€¦it was all whiteā€¦did not like, so did a wrapā€¦improved it a lot.
Ford Bronco For those of us that still have a MIC on order... here's recent feedback 703BA933-56BE-4869-A3E6-8C9774A7FC27

Stangcrazy66

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SHO, 2001 Cobra, 2021 bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it's worth I tap tested as much of my mic top as I could reach and didn't hear any de-lams. Edges looked good. Melting snow and pressure water rinse didn't see any evidence of leakage.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For what it's worth I tap tested as much of my mic top as I could reach and didn't hear any de-lams. Edges looked good. Melting snow and pressure water rinse didn't see any evidence of leakage.
Thatā€™s good news, (for a change). šŸ˜Ž

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just an FYI, Ford is delaying the hybrid version of the Maverick that gets the 43 mpg, you can only get the non-hybrid, but at least that has AWD.
Itā€™s 42 mpg in the city and Ford didnā€™t delay it, the Maverick had to pass the federal emissions test before delivery. Because Ford changed a few things on the engine and eCVT. Since the front wheel drive has all the weight over the drive tires I have no need for all wheel drive that cost you even more mileage. Think of the Maverick as a economy car with a bed. If you want a 4X4 with clearance order a Ranger or F150.
Sponsored