Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw the title of the post and thought it was going to be bad news lol. This is refreshing lol
Sponsored

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received my Bronco a couple days ago with a 2.0 MIC (built 10/25). Thanks to this forum I knew what to look for. Most of the edges looked good except for one vertical seem on the corner that had some delaminating. The dealer and I both took pictures, documented the issue in my signed paperwork and I was on my way.

After letting the top dry out I applied some epoxy to the seem and was happy with the results. The dealership is following up with Ford's Regional Sales Rep after the holiday weekend but I'm not even sure I want a replacement. We'll see what he/she says.
Ford Bronco For those of us that still have a MIC on order... here's recent feedback PXL_20211123_164932967
Ford Bronco For those of us that still have a MIC on order... here's recent feedback PXL_20211128_173915995
Ford Bronco For those of us that still have a MIC on order... here's recent feedback PXL_20211124_030049877

Edit: Added post pic

Ford Bronco For those of us that still have a MIC on order... here's recent feedback PXL_20211201_193710282

Last edited:

JDHRNC

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 WildTrak, 2023 WildTrak, 2024 Grenadier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I received my Bronco a couple days ago with a 2.0 MIC (built 10/25). Thanks to this forum I knew what to look for. Most of the edges looked good except for one vertical seem on the corner that had some delaminating. The dealer and I both took pictures, documented the issue in my signed paperwork and I was on my way.

After letting the top dry out I applied some epoxy to the seem and was happy with the results. The dealership is following up with Ford's Regional Sales Rep after the holiday weekend but I'm not even sure I want a replacement. We'll see what he/she says.
PXL_20211123_164932967.jpg
PXL_20211128_173915995.jpg
PXL_20211124_030049877.jpg
My MIC 2.0 is delaminating in the exact same spots on the driver’s side. Unbelievable there’s still an issue after all this. I was checking out the thread on here outlining issues with the 2.0 top but gave up after it reached 55 pages. Probably going to be a 5.0 version before they get it right.

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco For those of us that still have a MIC on order... here's recent feedback PXL_20211201_193710282
This is helpful—thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I so wish I had MIC instead of a soft top :/
Good news is you can buy one in the near future from aftermarket dealers or Ford in a year or so and then you'll have both.

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And...

That Maverick is butt-ugly.
I guess those 130,000 people that ordered it without a single commercial on TV must all have bad taste. I’m sure the 42 mpg in the city for 19,900 didn’t hurt. They are selling like TP in a pandemic.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess those 130,000 people that ordered it without a single commercial on TV must all have bad taste. I’m sure the 42 mpg in the city for 19,900 didn’t hurt. They are selling like TP in a pandemic.
It's still butt-ugly.

My opinion of course. Then again when the original Z4 roadster came out I thought it was butt-ugly too, yet 7 years ago I bought the Coupe version...

g8rb8t

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to tell your dealer to stop Deface the bronco's with that ugly license plate.
My dealership told me today that one of the first ones they got they drilled the plate frame like Ford says to doand the guy that ordered it freaked out about it (rightfully so), so now they just handing us them and asking if we want it installed for free since it's a state that requires a front plate :) I told them I'll just risk a ticket until my relocation bracket arrives.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just an FYI, Ford is delaying the hybrid version of the Maverick that gets the 43 mpg, you can only get the non-hybrid, but at least that has AWD.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I so wish I had MIC instead of a soft top :/
Why? What is wrong with the soft top? I'm thinking about switching to the soft top. Besides security issues, what are the cons you have found?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why? What is wrong with the soft top? I'm thinking about switching to the soft top. Besides security issues, what are the cons you have found?
It's loud
it drenches your leg when you roll the window down when it's raining
it looks like a saggy diaper (imo)
it has plastic windows that scratch easily
since it has plastic windows, it has no rear defrost or rear wiper (this may not be a concern to you, but I live in an area that gets snow and I can already tell this thing is going to have the visibility of a panel van once winter hits full force)
it provides absolutely zero benefits to me (I am admittedly in the minority, I have zero interest in a convertible)

These are all just my opinion, many (most?) of the people with soft tops *wanted* a soft top, so they are satisfied. I did not want one, but that's what the dealer had on the lot, so it's what I got.
Sponsored