F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's loud
it drenches your leg when you roll the window down when it's raining
it looks like a saggy diaper (imo)
it has plastic windows that scratch easily
since it has plastic windows, it has no rear defrost or rear wiper (this may not be a concern to you, but I live in an area that gets snow and I can already tell this thing is going to have the visibility of a panel van once winter hits full force)
it provides absolutely zero benefits to me (I am admittedly in the minority, I have zero interest in a convertible)

These are all just my opinion, many (most?) of the people with soft tops *wanted* a soft top, so they are satisfied. I did not want one, but that's what the dealer had on the lot, so it's what I got.
No way. Most of the people who have a soft top are like you, they settled for the saggy diaper for less wait. Btw good list, spot on.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I work like 2 mins from my ford dealer, so of course I'm always stalker creeping the lot... The other day I found these. Which was great because I have a Mic top coming in soon, so I always want to see as many as I can. There was a 2 door as well that I apparently didn't get a pic or 2 of. But I went all over the mic 2.0 on both Broncos and it was a very noticeable difference from the previous ones I'd seen. The edges looked way straighter, rolled and no sign of snake skin patches. They looked great!! I'd be happy to have one that looked like those. Also found a trail armored badlands and a maverick. The SAS obx with the hard top was majestic.... šŸ˜

Anyways, here's the pics.
PSX_20211128_070220.jpg
PSX_20211128_070509.jpg
PSX_20211128_070610.jpg
PSX_20211128_070658.jpg
PSX_20211128_070128.jpg
Thanks for the update. I also have a MIC on order. Reading all the negative comments about the top on this site, has really had me worried. I almost hope my unit doesnā€™t come in sooner than later, hoping Ford straightens out their quality issues.
I thought I was the only one stalking my dealershipā€™s lot šŸ¤£.
It's loud
since it has plastic windows, it has no rear defrost or rear wiper (this may not be a concern to you, but I live in an area that gets snow and I can already tell this thing is going to have the visibility of a panel van once winter hits full force)
it provides absolutely zero benefits to me (I am admittedly in the minority, I have zero interest in a convertible)

These are all just my opinion, many (most?) of the people with soft tops *wanted* a soft top, so they are satisfied. I did not want one, but that's what the dealer had on the lot, so it's what I got.
I also have no desire for a convertible, been there, done that. In fact, if the top wasnā€™t removable, that would suit me fine. Iā€™m waiting for the hard top, maybe the painted modular top.

Last edited:

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's new base at my dealer from today. Hot off the press, hasn't even had PDI yet.

Ford Bronco For those of us that still have a MIC on order... here's recent feedback E83AB08E-A76E-4401-AD9D-D1443EDAF49E

Ford Bronco For those of us that still have a MIC on order... here's recent feedback E83AB08E-A76E-4401-AD9D-D1443EDAF49E
How does Ford let that go through? Very disappointing.

Sponsored

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2.0 hard top I saw when I ordered mine was kinda ruff looking. The edges looked like someone made it at home, hoping mine is better.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's loud

Add one more:

- Canā€™t mount a roof rack on a soft top.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I guess those 130,000 people that ordered it without a single commercial on TV must all have bad taste. Iā€™m sure the 42 mpg in the city for 19,900 didnā€™t hurt. They are selling like TP in a pandemic.
Hey Ronaldo...Local SCV! I am one of those 130000 who ordered a hybrid Maverick! Hope to get it in 6-9 months!

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
That Maverick looks REALLY good.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took delivery of my 2dr with MIC on 11/5/2021, build date was 10/19/2021. Sticker inside says primer applied 10/15/2021. It looks great, has uniform color, no defects, no leaks and I have 1000 miles on it in primarily rainy conditions. Its that time of year up in the PNW. No complaints and I think it will be a good top. Time will tell the truth but so far its good to go.

Sponsored

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's still butt-ugly.

My opinion of course. Then again when the original Z4 roadster came out I thought it was butt-ugly too, yet 7 years ago I bought the Coupe version...
The M Coupe is the S&*T!!...an amazing automobile!

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have that exact build the Outer Banks metallic gray four-door mic. I have a built date of 1/24/22
Twinsies! But no date yet

But this picture excites me to see what mine's gonna look like. I might just make it my new wallpaper

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe having to wait until 2022 to get my truck will be worth it with the better MIC roof.. Getting that saggy tarpaulin mess of a roof was never an option for me even if they did offer it on my 2 Door.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's loud

You bring up great points. I have thought about the weather issue. Granted I live in Ohio, so we don't get a lot of snow most years, but I get it.

There have been so many issues with the MIC top, which is one reason I have thought about switching. Possibly the aftermarket will solve the hard top issues, and you will be able to get one of those. Thanks for your insights; I appreciate it!

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Ronaldo...Local SCV! I am one of those 130000 who ordered a hybrid Maverick! Hope to get it in 6-9 months!
Mine is built sitting in the sun in Mexico until,Ford get clearance. They say January but hoping for Christmas
Sponsored