Sponsored

For those of you with families / kids, is it big enough?

ScaryVersion

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tahoe LTZ, 2013 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am in a similar position. The wife and I have a 3 year old and a 10 month old with possibly a 3rd in the future.

Based off the interior specs I found I think 3 car seats will fit in the rear of the 4dr. Tight really tight. The rear seat specs are very close to our 2013 RDX and I was able to fit 3 in that back seat. They are also close to the 4dr Wrangler and I have friends that have 3 kids with one of them.

The Bronco will not be the primary kid hauler but beach trips i want to be able to bring the whole crew.
Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco WT. ā€˜23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We are a family of 3 here, plus a 65lb dog. I drive a 17 highlander AWD and the wife has a 14 CX-5. We plan on keeping hers as a spare and sheā€™ll take the Highlander as DD and for all our long trips. Iā€™m 5ā€™9, sheā€™s 5ā€™2, and our son is 15 months. By the time the Bronco gets here, he will be forward facing, so Iā€™m not so much worried about space. The wife can move her seat forward for trips to the beach. We made it work in a Cruze, so the Bronco will be a giant upgrade.

TriTipEater

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m watching this thread closely. My wife just had our 3rd (and final) child. All of them are 4 and under. It may be a deal breaker if I canā€™t fit 3 car seats across a 4 door.
It wonā€™t be our main family car, but weā€™ll use it a lot on weekend adventures.
I currently drive a 2016 Subaru Forester, which fits 3 across. The bronco looks wider, so Iā€™m hopeful.

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Family of 5 here. Iā€™m 6ā€™2ā€, wife is 5ā€™2ā€, kids are 11, 11, 9, and we have an English Springer Spaniel. We all fit more than fine in the 4Runner, so Iā€™m assuming we will be fine in the Bronco. We canā€™t fit much gear on trips, sadly. Iā€™m going to have to get a trailer when the kids get older, but that will be a light, little off road trailer. It will have to haul all our gear, and maybe a kid or two if they canā€™t get along. Those roof rails may be an essential buy for me.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's gotta be better than the Mustang; my seatback touched the seat behind me
I donā€™t even know why they bother with the rear seat anymore. My daughters ten and sheā€™s about at her limit even with my wife in the passenger seat.

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

This is why I wish Ford had made it just a Bronco which is a 2-door vehicle. There are at least 4 other 4WD Fords with 4 doors and plenty of seats for all the kids and dogs, and can tow the family boat.

Squidma

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve fit the Wife, car seat, 2 60-65# dogs and a couple bags in a Mini Countryman...this should suffice.

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi there,

I've reserved a 4-door Black Diamond, which I am REALLY excited about. My ONLY concern is will the vehicle have enough space for our family?

I'll be selling my VW Alltrack which is a bit too small in the backseat and will keep my wife's '19 Highlander which has plenty of space.

Currently, our family consists of:
-Me, 5'9
-Wife, 5'4
-4yo and 2yo
-110# Rhodesian Ridgeback

I've looked at the current Ranger and I think the backseat area is much too small for our needs. I was planning on getting a Gen 2 Raptor (used puts me at likely the same price point as a new Bronco, mid-$40's) prior to reserving a Bronco. The Raptor has a GINORMOUS back seat and obvious utility with the bed.

Would like to use the Bronco as DD, overlander, and perhaps some infrequent off-roading, though desert running sounds REALLY fun.

Anyone else with a similar family size and utility have any thoughts on the size/utility of the Bronco vs Raptor?
You should be fine For now. If you have three kids it may get tight. I have five kids and have had about every vehicle confiig there is minus a 15 passenger van. I have a suburban with 200k + Miles that i use for the rare occasion that we are all together. When I had 2 kids I had a first gen RAV4 and it was perfect size wise so the bronco should be more than enough vehicle for your family. Enjoy the Bronco and the fam !

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whenever I see people ask these questions I can't help but think back before anyone had SUV's. My brother and I grew up in sedans.

Sponsored

rotten_sponns

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra, 2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Whenever I see people ask these questions I can't help but think back before anyone had SUV's. My brother and I grew up in sedans.
yeah i know but the sizing of everything is bigger now a days.just look at car seats. and we werent as spoiled 30 years ago eiter

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hi there,

I've reserved a 4-door Black Diamond, which I am REALLY excited about. My ONLY concern is will the vehicle have enough space for our family?

I'll be selling my VW Alltrack which is a bit too small in the backseat and will keep my wife's '19 Highlander which has plenty of space.

Currently, our family consists of:
-Me, 5'9
-Wife, 5'4
-4yo and 2yo
-110# Rhodesian Ridgeback

I've looked at the current Ranger and I think the backseat area is much too small for our needs. I was planning on getting a Gen 2 Raptor (used puts me at likely the same price point as a new Bronco, mid-$40's) prior to reserving a Bronco. The Raptor has a GINORMOUS back seat and obvious utility with the bed.

Would like to use the Bronco as DD, overlander, and perhaps some infrequent off-roading, though desert running sounds REALLY fun.

Anyone else with a similar family size and utility have any thoughts on the size/utility of the Bronco vs Raptor?
I have been hauling three boys, a 35# dog and my wife for years in a 4 door wrangler. Longer trips were better in my wifeā€™s Yukon, but for anything in a 4 hour radius it was the Jeep. And after she sold the Yukon, my Jeep is the long hauler (though I have been down a boy or two as they moved on to college).

Itā€™ll be okay!

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

W4vyoqraF66YfseEVqNp0_UKn1KzRQMr0IsgZq7oZ9XO1n0xYo.gif

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sure, us getting bigger is a problem. However, if you have a small kid, all that stuff that comes with them is huge. The average car seat, stroller. pack n play, etc would take up a ton of room in a vehicle like a Bronco. I've been there with a GTI and a Focus ST with a kid. I get why people buy a Tahoe, minivan, etc. My wife drives an MKX and I often miss the space of her previous vehicle, which was a Lincoln MkT. Having a ton of space on a long drive is luxury.

That being said, the roof rack plus a rear rack will serve as my cargo area on my Bronco. I only need to carry a bunch of stuff once a month or so.
Sponsored