Sponsored

For those of you with families / kids, is it big enough?

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently, our family consists of:
-Me, 5'9
-Wife, 5'4
-4yo and 2yo
-110# Rhodesian Ridgeback
I don't think a Suburban would be big enough for a rambunctious 110lb dog that still thinks it's a puppy :). We are on the waiting list for a Ridgeback, and hope to receive both the Bronco and the Ridgeback around the same time in the spring.

I have three kids (11, 10 and 7), and I expect the back seat will be tight , but my seat will be nice and spacious!
Sponsored

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Current minivan owner here, love the daily functionality, utility and the ease of ingress/egress for smaller kids.

JBoi-ET

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC AT4/ Expy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is one of our concerns as well. Wife and I both reserved one but with two kids (3 & 6) I don't think it will work for the long road trips we like to take. I currently have an AT4 and she has a Telluride, if it wasn't for waiting so long for a new Bronco we would keep our current vehicles. The only Ford I have ever owned was an 86 Bronco, wife had always wanted a Jeep but when she saw the new Bronco she reserved one on her own. Whichever one of us ends up with one, we both want the Sasquatch package. My wife is 4'11" so that will be fun to watch her jump in and out.

JBoi-ET

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC AT4/ Expy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where are you seeing that? I've been gripping for 2 weeks in multiple posts that Bronco's website shows 36.3" rear legroom for both the 2 door and 4 door, and have a suspicion that the 4 door measurement is inaccurate. Or are you thinking that the front legroom (43") is so massive, that you will be moving the front seat up 2 inches to make way for 38" in the rear?
Ford Bronco For those of you with families / kids, is it big enough? Screenshot_20200718-113920_Chrome

Sponsored

BroncoTRails

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where are you seeing that? I've been gripping for 2 weeks in multiple posts that Bronco's website shows 36.3" rear legroom for both the 2 door and 4 door, and have a suspicion that the 4 door measurement is inaccurate. Or are you thinking that the front legroom (43") is so massive, that you will be moving the front seat up 2 inches to make way for 38" in the rear?
I’ve heard that they will have the same room behind the first row. The 4 door just gets a larger cargo area. 36.3” is still 2” more than a 4 door Ranger so not too bad.

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nvm just noticed I was looking at an old chart and the website does show 36.3. That is still not terrible and should have no problem getting the kids in/out. Biggest thing is rear cargo space to me for trips as a fam.

Wife wants a surburban too to replace the Durango so that will be a long hauler anyway

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've got 4 kids, no matter what we won't fit. I keep saying, since we all won't fit i get the 2 door. Just have to take something else with the whole family. The bronco is mine.
I forgot about additional stuff. luggage included

Sponsored

tgunn_ocs

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Better question - is anyone daring to get the sasquatch package for the 4 door (assuming it will be the family SUV / road tripper)? Or is that way too ambitious.

I am getting the 4 door as THE family hauler. 6-0", wife is 5-1", 2 year old, pushing for baby #2 (but will stop there), 40 lb dog. It will be the weekend mover, road tripper, and my cruiser. I actually dont drive during the week (even in pre-covid world) since i commute to NYC via a train station in walking distance.

Other car is a new S60 lease (designated for the wife), so leaning on the bronco for all family capabilities. OBX trim, no sasquatch. Hopefully, that gets the job done. Wife is a horrible driver, and too small / literally not capable of driving big cars/suvs without smashing them up. I would be the designated driver of the family SUV for raodtrips, etc. So if the Bronco doesnt provide enough cargo space for the family, i would have to sell it, and revert to a bigger suv plus sedan for her. I.e. if were we to need something bigger, say, a Q7, it would not work to have a Q7 and keep the bronco. As my wife cannot drive either. We would need a Q7 and a small CUV/sedan. So kinda rolling the dice here on the bronco. Worst case, maybe i could get a thule that still allows me to be able to take off the front roof panel.

Am I a bit off the reservation by thinking a 4 door bronco will be adequate? Or the ride (even on 32s in an OBX) will be too uncomfortable for 5+ hr road trips?

Rear A/C is also a concern, but i think we fleshed that out by saying the ranger has floor vents flanking the base of the center console. Hope that is the case, but somewhat skeptical given the floors can be hosed down.
The right size roof box and a trailer hitch box make storage for road trips a moot point. We have a Thule XT Rooftop Box which adds 22 cubic feet of storage, a Stowaway Max Hitch mounted storage box, and a cheap hitch mounted basket.

I had a 2017 Q7....30 months, 100K miles....couldn't wait to get rid of it. It was dream to drive and plenty of room in the back most of the time. The biggest gripe....there is ZERO, I mean ZERO storage. The armrest holds a pack of gum and that is about it. Not kidding. Day to day that got old. And the cupholders were not friendly for a 30 OZ yeti either. You would be better off in the VW Atlas as it is a far more utilitarian design and has much of the same tech and feel....though it doesn't have the 3.0 turbo. The largest Thule box and trailer hitch box fit fine on my Q7.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone else too immature to respond like an adult to the question, "Is it big enough?"

Michael Scott syndrome over here . . .
That's what she said.:)

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6'-1" and my Wife is 5'-9" we have a 1 year old and 30 lb spaniel and by the time i'm actually driving the Bronco we might be expecting baby #2. My wife drives a Model 3 so the Bronco will have to be the family car as well. I expect baby #2 to make it a tight fit but livable.

ChaseH9

Black Diamond
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't expect much more out of the bronco than your alltrack. You may get a little more vertical but the length and width won't be much better. I look at the 2 dr and see widths and legroom similar to my wifes fiesta. The 4 door looks similar to my subaru imprezza.

Those big wheels take up a lot of space and the dimensions for width are out to out of flares and the length includes the spare.

I know everybody hates minivans - but when my kids were still at home it was great and doubled as a truck (ours could fit 4x8 sheets of drywall).
Traded in my F150 for a minvan. Wife, 3 boys (5, 4, 7mos), and a GSD. Wonderful decision for the practicality of it and perfect timing since we've only got the minivan right now and that saves me a payment to put towards the Bronco. Having the minivan is really the only way I can justify getting the Bronco with our family needs. In reality, our fun vacations will probably require we bring both vehicles. One to transport kids/luggage and the Bronco for the fun when we get to the destination.
Sponsored