Sponsored

For those sticking with the 2021....why?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
likely better on road suspension, manual with more than 300 lb-ft are the big ones for me. I consider myself reasonably sane, although how would I know if I weren't?

As to knowing more than the population at large, sure, but what we 'know' doesn't always match reality, so which is better? More info even some of it is wrong or less info, but less misinformation? Case in point from the OP;

We know without a doubt that Ford is changing things for 2022 including more color options (tops and exterior for sure), more running gear options (manual and possible engines), something that is going to change the GVWR, and definitely more real life review information.

How do we 'know' more powertrain choices are coming in '22? You have stated as a incontrovertible fact that the manual will have more configurations and that there may be engine changes from the '21 models to the '22's, including changing the weight classification (not cheap or quick for Ford). I would be very interested in the source that claims they might do any of these things for MY2022.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Jeep/FCA quality blows. This is based on personal experience, friends experience and what you can find online. My company is all Ford. While Ford isn't perfect they are significantly better than FCA.
2. New engine options? Are you referring to the Warthog? That is MY2023. Not sure what you're getting at with the engine remark.
3. I've been lucky enough to not have any of the "late availability" items impact my order. (2.7, 4door badlands, MIC top)
4. I have a first day reservation and will have owned my current company vehicle for 6 years. They are practically booting me out of my current explorer at this point.

Would I like to see the other color options for 2022? You bet your a$$. However, I like A51 a lot and I'm not willing to wait another year on a hunch that there could be a color I might like better.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need a new car. MY22 is too long of a wait. Heck MY21 is borderline but I am willing to wait.

Really the biggest reason I have little issue is Covid has me and the wife working from home and have been since March. The expectation is for at least 3-6mo into 21 to remain WFH.

However the longer beyond July 2021 (within 2hrs of reveal resi holder) the more difficult it will be. I am hoping and realistically planning no later than Mid to late Aug 2021 to take delivery. I am thinking around Oct will end up being the MY22. If more production delays happen...I may have to walk...and I really do not want to. At that point it is like the kid that dropped out of high-school or college the last semester of their Sr. year.

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went through this exact same process waiting for my 2 door JL in 2018. To the best of my knowledge, i got the 1st one in the state.

Spending countless hours on the JL Wrangler Forum with other people waiting added to the whole experience of getting this new vehicle. Much like a kid counting the days until Christmas.

I am 100% confident that I will enjoy my new day 1 reservation 2 door Bronco every bit as much as my current Jeep. In 2018 we were actually able to track the rail shipment progress on a twice a day basis, is there any way to do that with Ford?

Sponsored

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Current car has 160k on it, I’m fine with MIC top, have to get auto b/c my wife insists, good with the colors offered , have a 1st run Ranger with zero issues and grand scheme I’ll probably pay less for a 2021.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't see any red flags. I've never been a part of something like this, and it still excites me to be one of the first, plus it's a pretty cool vehicle...

Tomorrow is not promised for anyone regardless of age, so try to be your best everyday.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good answers. Don't forget potential economic collapse, political upheaval, total breakdown of modern society, zombie apocalypse, Comet impact. If those happen late 2021, we will be the only ones to have Broncos and have the outdoor off-road escape routes mastered.

But on a serious note (hopefully none of the above, because top options will seem like trivial matters to us all then) for me:
-I could have had and could today go get a 4 door Jeep in any configuration I wanted, but I want a Bronc for various reasons. And I know going in there may be 1st year model issues, but that's what warranties and lemon laws are for. I'm ok with that within reason.
-I've been wanting, saving, looking forward to the day I could get one since the rumors years ago.
-I WANT an OD green one, but am perfectly ok with A51 until I get tired of it and want to paint it myself. And no guarantee 2022MY will bring green (although I assume due to popular demand there will be some sort of green).
-I have a whole trip (more than one) planned for it with my daughters who are getting more grown up daily, and I don't want to wait too long. They will be college-bound in 3 and 4 years, have jobs very soon, so time available to spend on the important stuff is growing shorter.
-Tomorrow, 2022, or even 2025 isn't guaranteed for any of us and I want to offer my family the memories we can make in it. Carpe Diem.

in all honesty I do not feel I will regret keeping my day 1 res, getting a 2021, etc. I may have some "aww man" moments when I see what 2022 and subsequent ones bring, but it should be (other than paint and powertrain) a matter of simply purchasing and upgrading, bolting on if I see something I like better later on.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No red flags. Sold my Bronco years ago, never thought they'd make them again. Bronco IS NOT Jeep. Love every option that's part of 2021.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because I hate delayed gratification.

I got a reservation about 2 hours after they opened so I have a good place in line and should be an early order.

Covid tried to kill me in November and altered my outlook on life. A positive from that is my wife is no longer grumbling about me getting a second vehicle that I don't in any way need but I sure as hell want!

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you all for your responses so far. I'm looking for a bit of a sanity check myself because I tend to get focused on something come hell or high water.

Seems like many of you are the same as me... it is emotional and just wanting something different, but no real tangible meat to it.

I feel for those that literally have a clock ticking (and I'm not talking about dying). My only real clock is patience and Depreciation on my "trade in".

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
No... I'm not trolling, and I totally understand the mentality of "because I just want one", but I'm seriously wondering with so many red flags and so many unanswered questions, why are so many of us still willing to dive in?
After the bad 2020 Explorer production issues, I'm taking a shot that the QA on the first Broncos will be over the top. Yes there could be unforeseen enginnering issues but that is what warranties are for. Will 2022 pricing go up-yes. Will Ford drop some trim levels-maybe. I am 2 Door- 2.7L- BaseSquatch. I just don't see that value pricing holding in 2022.

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m a day three reservation .. I’m actually very happy with my build for 21’ model! OBX, 2 door race red, MIC top, roast cloth and Lux Pkg!!! I’m kind of a tomboy when it comes to cars. I get that from my dad who is a Ford retiree! He loves telling us stories of racing his 69’ Roadrunner and His stories from working at Ford in Hegewish (Chicago)! My amazing father is 71, has Multiple Sclerosis for 42 years and still mobile thank god! He and I are soo excited for the Bronco to come back. I will not wait because I can’t wait to have him by my side on delivery day! It’s going to be epic! That is god willing HES still here. 2020 has taught us to not take life for granted, be thankful for what we’ve been blessed with! I am so incredibly lucky to be able to live the life I have! This Bronco will be the icing on the cake! ❤

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why? Because I can and will stick with MY21. Nuff said.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Escape has over 227,000 miles on it and has ancient tech and safety features. I've had car wanderlust for years and could have bought any vehicle. The problems I experienced with Chevrolet, Honda, and Saturn, and the Escape's reliability have made me very brand loyal to Ford. I've wanted a Bronco my whole life, and want to drive a new one as soon as possible. Plus the Bronco looks bad-ass.
Sponsored