Sponsored

For those sticking with the 2021....why?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Could be an Occam’s razor sort of situation. I can get 90% of what I want in 2021. Risk of no more Cyber Orange, or possible white top? Risk of no more Cyber Orange, or whatever gets fixed GVWR-wise?

I don’t think towing capacity gets optionally upgraded or the 2.7 gets a 7MT option in 2022. Engineering and testing required for both - and towing probably comes behind GVWR fixes. The 7MT 2.7 would also require EPA testing and optimization.
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great stories i love those!,dont need the bronco i want it ,its a toy for me with not many over expectations it will be what it is.

Maybe later down the road better engine /trans combos make me trade it in.

I have spent alot of time doing stuff that make life insurance companies shudder so im more of bird in the hand who knows what tomarrow brings type .

When it comes i will welcome it with open arms.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2021-1966=55 ??‍♀

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have owned 4 Broncos in the past and been driving an FJ Cruiser for over 10 years now. I like the FJ but it's kind of gotten boring over the years . But probably the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. 160k and one alternator failure, that's it.I test drove a Wrangler two weeks before the launch of the Bronco , a Rubicon to be specific and I actually almost considered buying this but lo and behold the check engine light comes on while I'm test driving this thing. A quick reminder as to why I don't own Chrysler products or even more importantly Fiat!

My wife works in the automotive industry more specifically a supplier and deals with launches of new models all the time. So these delays that we are seeing, this is nothing new ,this happens all the time even without covid.

Ideally the "better" Bronco will be after the second or even third facelift, terminology used in the automotive manufacturing industry. By then Ford will have ironed out possible issues but more importantly there will be far more available options .

As for me ,I know the drivetrain already exists on other models and if this was not the case I actually probably would not have reserved a Bronco , I would have waited 2-3 years.

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is offering what I want in 2021. There will always be "Red Flags" as well as "new shiny objects" next year, but that does not mean they will be better.

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because they like it enough to buy right now and they are sick of waiting. I've been waiting 4 years for a new manual bronco and I'll be waiting probably 10+ months more. Certain things I could not budge on. Others that are getting a 21 don't need to wait for a my22. The future is uncertain. A small portion of us may be struck by tragedy and never get to drive one next year. Live your life you know

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m sticking with 2021 because I don’t want to pay what will be a little price increase for 22 these damn things are expensive as is hell if I see a good deal on a new pick up and I like it I might go that route as well but pretty set on bronco
Yep.

Everyone on this site: "I ordered a Badlands with the Sasquatch Package and I'm going to put another $12,000 into it to make it my own."

Me: "How do I keep the price under $30,000?"

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I seriously have been losing a bit of sleep on this very topic. I feel like I've been an enabler, allowing all the excuses and limited options a pass, and trying to figure out a version I can settle on, so I can still secure a '21 (I have an early morning 7/14 reservation, and would keep the build simple). With limited interior options and clashing color themes, I would totally be settling, which is ridiculous when I take a step back and figure I'll be spending mid 50s on the damn thing. On the other hand, I feel like if I wait for late availability color, mansquatch and Mod top, I'll somehow be missing out on the first wave. I can't figure out why I'm battling with that, since waiting could actually put me into, lets say Spring of '22, which would be awesome to take delivery and actually be able to enjoy 6 months of top/doors off action, not to mention time for initial bugs to get worked out, both in the Plant and B&P. Settling, and hoping for lets say late summer/early fall '21, immediately puts me into top/doors on mode - where's the fun in that. But still I battle internally ?‍♂. I like to joke that I'm not a doctor - I don't have any patients (patience). Sounds better out loud ?

Deleted member 13817

He and I are soo excited for the Bronco to come back. I will not wait because I can’t wait to have him by my side on delivery day! It’s going to be epic! That is god willing HES still here. 2020 has taught us to not take life for granted, be thankful for what we’ve been blessed with! I am so incredibly lucky to be able to live the life I have! This Bronco will be the icing on the cake! ❤
This is what it is about ☝...

For me, open air driving is truly therapy for me.
The bronco gives F series build quality, open air driving, and...

My bronco comes with you all. All of you have become a community for me in 2020. Jeep has that as well but this one is mine.

When I take delivery of my $63k (oof) bronco, I look forward to letting people sit, drive, take pictures with their kids, whatever. That was me as a kid...

At worst, I change my mind and trade it on something else and loose money. I can live with that. I know some say age isn't a factor and I agree, however, the longer you live the more your perspectives grow (better/worse).

I've tasted mortality more than most on this forum I promise you. Life is so brief and sacred. If you are lucky enough to have things that are enjoyable, share them with others. Let people with kids take their picture and don't be annoyed. At the end of the day, they are just steel and wheels.

So my long winded answer to the OP is convertible of choice and Bronco6g keeping me into it.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All these comments about death... I don't think it has anything to do with age.

20 year olds die every day, too.
I think the point is that there’s no guarantee for tomorrow and as we get older we understand that better than younger people.

Sponsored

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Similar to @BroncoJay, I've been waiting for this since I was 9 or 10, after our neighbor got one of the last model years of the 1G Broncos.
And like many others here, I was frantically trying to get a reservation in the first night it opened up. I even had two reservations, first grabbing an FE, but cancelling after I realized there was no manual available for it.

The 6G is just about everything I'd hoped for, so there's nothing Ford has really done to turn me away from a '21, but I'm much more on the fence than I was just a couple months ago.

The problem for me is, as these ridiculous government lockdowns drag and I'm stuck working from home, I find myself being drawn to the idea of working from a home I could move around in. So recently I've been drawn into the world of Class B+ motorhomes. I love what Ford has done with the cutaway Transit chassis, so if Ford doesn't get my money on a Bronco, they probably will on a Transit (although a much smaller cut of it for them).

Greenbrick

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

1. My truck is 19 years old and has 200k on it. A/C only works when its moving, power windows and doors only work on drivers side door, CD player is broken, etc.
2. The Bronco is built to be customized... odds are I will make improvements and make it my own over time, regardless of when I get one.
3. Guessing the Warthog will have crappy MPG.... significantly worse than a squatched BL. I may be wrong but as much as I'd like the extra beef, it will piss me off at the pump if I have worse MPG and need to use higher grade gas.
4. I can give the Bronco to my wife in 3-4 years and potentially upgrade when my youngest daughter needs a car and we give her my wife's old highlander.
5. I think a squatched BL, with leather interior in A51 with MIC top is a pretty BA ride.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No... I'm not trolling, and I totally understand the mentality of "because I just want one", but I'm seriously wondering with so many red flags and so many unanswered questions, why are so many of us still willing to dive in?

Jeep had better prices, more options, and the aftermarket is never ending.

We know without a doubt that Ford is changing things for 2022 including more color options (tops and exterior for sure), more running gear options (manual and possible engines), something that is going to change the GVWR, and definitely more real life review information.

And yet with all these things, most of us, who are as much in the know as can be (vs the clueless mass population)... are still clamoring at each others throats to be first in line?

Besides the very large possibility that there will be a price increase for 2022... any actual sain reasons as to why it's 2021 or bust?
I'm strongly considering getting a older cool sports car while holding onto my wrangler a little longer. 996 or a little lotus. Something that won't lose value.

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rumor has it that the Lux package will cause a delay. I'm looking at the same build but black 2-door.
If it causes a production delay, so be it. My point was that everything that I want in my build is available for the MY21, so no reason to wait until MY22.

zman1988

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also don't see all of the "red flags". Will there be changes and upgrades? Yes. But the 2021 2 door WT is good enough for me. I will maybe off-road once or twice a year (life comes at you fast...). This will be my daily driver. None of the issues I have seen up to this point have made me think about pushing out until 2022, it just wouldn't do me much good.

At this point, I need a new vehicle (currently driving a Volvo I got after getting my first job out of law school that was supposed to be replaced already when the Bronco was scheduled to be released a looooooooot sooner) and the Bronco is way more badass than anything else on the market in my opinion. I have contemplated the new F-150, but waiting for the Bronco is what the heart wants. I have already waited this long, what's another few months (I reserved the night of the reveal)?

I also think the aftermarket will be huge for this vehicle. So anything that will be upgraded by Ford in 2022 will probably already have been upgraded by the private market before the 2022's are available. And going forward, I think the Bronco aftermarket will rival that of Jeep in due time. Anything you will want to do to your Bronco can be done.
Sponsored