Sponsored

For those sticking with the 2021....why?

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend, 1986 VW Vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. No real red flags that makes this truck anything less than it was on the day it was released, IMO.
Sponsored

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I waited for the Perfect Vehicle I would never buy a Vehicle
Ford Bronco For those sticking with the 2021....why? 1610068659565

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been looking to buy an off-road vehicle for a few years. Settled on getting a bronco soon after. I’ve waited long enough, if I keep looking to get the next model year for something better, I’ll never end up getting one.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Because after 2021 everyone else is just jumping on the bandwagon...haha...honestly, I’m like everyone else, I’ve been waiting a long time, I’ve never had the chance at a first year offering before, and shit, after the events of 2020, and the first seven days of 2021, who the hell know what’s going to happen in 2022. Just want to enjoy my time while I’m here.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why I will be driving one this summer?

Been waiting 16 years already.

I've been working extra to make this happen.

I own a Ford - it is a great vehicle. I have no concerns about the build of the vehicle as a result. While the PR division may be struggling, I believe the line workers and engineers will give me a vehicle I will enjoy for at least the next 15 years.

I am not towing 6,000 pound trailers or carrying 2500 pounds of luggage anywhere.

My budget affords me the vehicle I want with very little compromise.

For me it makes no sense to wait another year.

Wasted time, higher costs, loss of options and no interest in paying 10-30,000 for a bigger/wider version of a Bronco makes 2021 the time to make the dream happen.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Because...my wife said yes to the First Edition and I don't want to have to go back and ask her again... ?

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MY22 will be the exact same vehicle with a couple more tops/different colors.

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why I will be driving one this summer?

Been waiting 16 years already.

I've been working extra to get make this happen.

I own a Ford - it is a great vehicle. I have no concerns about the build of the vehicle as a result. While the PR division may be struggling, I believe the line workers and engineers will give me a vehicle I will enjoy for at least the next 15 years.

I am not towing 6,000 pound trailers or carrying 2500 pounds of luggage anywhere.

My budget affords me the vehicle I want with very little compromise.

For me it makes no sense to wait another year.

Wasted time, higher costs, loss of options and no interest in paying 10-30,000 for a bigger/wider version of a Bronco makes 2021 the time to make the dream happen.
Sure, but what if summer turns into October or later?

Sponsored

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We know without a doubt that Ford is changing things for 2022 including more color options (tops and exterior for sure), more running gear options (manual and possible engines), something that is going to change the GVWR, and definitely more real life review information.
Where did you hear about possible changes in the manual/engine lineup for 2022?

focaloca95

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram, 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good answers. Don't forget potential economic collapse, political upheaval, total breakdown of modern society, zombie apocalypse, Comet impact. If those happen late 2021, we will be the only ones to have Broncos and have the outdoor off-road escape routes mastered.

But on a serious note (hopefully none of the above, because top options will seem like trivial matters to us all then) for me:
-I could have had and could today go get a 4 door Jeep in any configuration I wanted, but I want a Bronc for various reasons. And I know going in there may be 1st year model issues, but that's what warranties and lemon laws are for. I'm ok with that within reason.
-I've been wanting, saving, looking forward to the day I could get one since the rumors years ago.
-I WANT an OD green one, but am perfectly ok with A51 until I get tired of it and want to paint it myself. And no guarantee 2022MY will bring green (although I assume due to popular demand there will be some sort of green).
-I have a whole trip (more than one) planned for it with my daughters who are getting more grown up daily, and I don't want to wait too long. They will be college-bound in 3 and 4 years, have jobs very soon, so time available to spend on the important stuff is growing shorter.
-Tomorrow, 2022, or even 2025 isn't guaranteed for any of us and I want to offer my family the memories we can make in it. Carpe Diem.

in all honesty I do not feel I will regret keeping my day 1 res, getting a 2021, etc. I may have some "aww man" moments when I see what 2022 and subsequent ones bring, but it should be (other than paint and powertrain) a matter of simply purchasing and upgrading, bolting on if I see something I like better later on.
I'd be interested in knowing about these trips! I want to do the same with my two daughters but there are only two or three off roading places here in Texas that interest me. Four if you count the Off-Roadeo!

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Carpooling to work sucks. Especially after said person broke your truck a week before they got their new car. Also, they think they're funny.

tehjukebox

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I haven't seen any red flags that really concern me. yeah there's been delays, but i'd rather wait a bit for a MY21 than wait longer for a MY22. the MY21 will have everything i want and more, as this is the first car i'll have ever bought newer than 2004. i don't feel the need for a V6 with the manual, the I4/manual will already have more than 100HP more than any car i've ever had. plus. some of the fun things like the beer bottle opener or calling it GOAT modes or anything that resembles fun might disappear, as that is what pencil pushers do.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You either want one or you don't. I have a first hour reservation. What has happened to change my mind?

A vehicle is a tool. Nothing else. The Bronco is a tool that I will change to fit my needs. Same as any other vehicle on the market. I want a capable, off road vehicle with a removable top. That leaves me buying vintage or Jeep. Neither of which I want to do right now. I've built 3 full size Blazers and just want something different, but still capable.

I really don't care what color it is. I really don't care what tech is available on it. I really don't care what color the seats are, what they are made of, color of stitching, etc. I don't care what the wheels look like.

Why wouldn't I buy a MY21? For that matter, I don't care what MY it is. Just build it and get it to me. I can't wait to start abusing it.
Sponsored