Sponsored

For those sticking with the 2021....why?

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dad is old and has wanted one forever. So I am not going to wait any longer.

for mine. ......BC i am impulsive and "need" what I want now. I can afford it. Even if it has problems I have no problem taking a hit on a trade in.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not really sure what true red flags there are. The 2.7L engine seems to be generally a good power plant and I am able to get pretty much everything I want in my build so why wait. The grass isn’t always greener.... and when they make color changes in 2022 they may remove the AMB that I like.

Plus similar to another post I have owned a couple of Jeep CJs/Wranglers and do not want another one - but want the open air of roof and doors off.

Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cause I always was an impatient kid. Now I'm just an impatient kid with a good job, and sweet beard. Jokes aside the '21 has everything I want in either the Black Diamond or Badlands so why wait?

I don't want a manual, or white top, and am getting black for the paint so nothing the '22 is going to have is worth waiting.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No... I'm not trolling, and I totally understand the mentality of "because I just want one", but I'm seriously wondering with so many red flags and so many unanswered questions, why are so many of us still willing to dive in?

Jeep had better prices, more options, and the aftermarket is never ending.

We know without a doubt that Ford is changing things for 2022 including more color options (tops and exterior for sure), more running gear options (manual and possible engines), something that is going to change the GVWR, and definitely more real life review information.

And yet with all these things, most of us, who are as much in the know as can be (vs the clueless mass population)... are still clamoring at each others throats to be first in line?

Besides the very large possibility that there will be a price increase for 2022... any actual sain reasons as to why it's 2021 or bust?

IMO only....

The Jeep Wrangler looks terrible to me. The design looks bad the interior is terrible and I've never been a fan of Jeep. The price doesn't matter to me, getting a deal on a piece of garbage I don't want isn't a deal (wife had a Grand Cherokee and it was total trash). The aftermarket will be equally amazing for the Ford, the motor is better, the transmission is better and I trust the product more. I don't care about towing, I don't care about GVWR. There will always be a better version in the future, that's how the industry works. So waiting because something could be better or have more options is silly, everything will always have more options or be better. The price part is very real, if sales go well, the Bronco price will rapidly increase.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm kinda the opposite, well, I think the Wrangler is kinda ugly but it's a Wrangler.

I think the Rubicon is a better vehicle, mechanically, than the Bronco will be. It'll have stronger drivetrain components, will be easier to modify or fix and the motor/trans/t-case are known commodities. It's probably a better vehicle mechanically than the Bronco. I don't want most of the electronic bullshit of the Bronco and the Rubicon is less money with more of what I want; however, I've wanted a Bronco since I was a kid. I used to drive a three-speed Bronco out in the desert when I was about 13 years old. I told myself I'd have one someday. So, I've decided I'd buy a lesser vehicle because it brings back memories. I want to re-live those summers out in the desert getting stuck and having more fun than should be legal (it wasn't legal actually because I didn't have a driver's license).

So, the Jeep is probably a better vehicle at a better price, but it doesn't make my heart race. The other vehicle our family owned, two of them in fact, were 1964.5 (yeah, early 1965) Mustangs. They were thrashed, but the 2021 Bronco will be my 1964.5 Bronco.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure, but what if summer turns into October or later?
I'm not sure your point.

If the production schedule moves later into the year then EVERYBODY is getting pushed back, too.

Ford will not be building MY2021 and MY2022 Broncos at the same time. Anyone getting a Bronco will "suffer" from any further delay - so I don't see what it matters for a MY2021 buyer that differs from a MY2022 buyer.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

58 may be young (I'm 52), but in the last five years, I have lost too many friends (1-43 year-old died in his sleep, 2-50 year-olds - one from failed liver, the other from throat cancer and several others a few years older from various medical conditions) to dismiss 50ish as too young to die. I see folks my age dropping left and right. I am not waiting around for the "perfect" Bronco. This one will be perfect for me, and I intend to keep it until it dies or I die.
It matters more your family history than friends but we all have a limited window of being healthy enough to drive and climb in and out of certain vehicles.

I sat in a Fiat Spyder. Took a little umph to get out of it.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It matters more your family history than friends but we all have a limited window of being healthy enough to drive and climb in and out of certain vehicles.

I sat in a Fiat Spyder. Took a little umph to get out of it.
It has never ever been easy to get in and out of this ,but for so.e strange reason after returning to base i always feel better.
Ford Bronco For those sticking with the 2021....why? Screenshot_20210108-135806_Gallery
Ford Bronco For those sticking with the 2021....why? Screenshot_20210108-135806_Gallery

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No... I'm not trolling, and I totally understand the mentality of "because I just want one", but I'm seriously wondering with so many red flags and so many unanswered questions, why are so many of us still willing to dive in?

Jeep had better prices, more options, and the aftermarket is never ending.

We know without a doubt that Ford is changing things for 2022 including more color options (tops and exterior for sure), more running gear options (manual and possible engines), something that is going to change the GVWR, and definitely more real life review information.

And yet with all these things, most of us, who are as much in the know as can be (vs the clueless mass population)... are still clamoring at each others throats to be first in line?

Besides the very large possibility that there will be a price increase for 2022... any actual sain reasons as to why it's 2021 or bust?
First, your question presumes that Jeep is even a considered option. Just because the Wrangler is a competitor to the Bronco doesn't mean everyone would consider purchasing a Wrangler. I'm not, for a couple of reasons. One is size (the two-door is too small) and another is that Wranglers are definitely dime-a-dozen, uninteresting styling to me. Another is Chrysler quality (as in a lack thereof).

So for "sane" (not "sain") reasons to get a Bronco in year one, if I'm happy with the color I can get in year one, and the top, don't care about a manual with the 2.7, am happy with the engine choice, etc., why wait? One can wait and hope and possibly be disappointed when things don't change, or take the plunge. So, it comes down to this: Can I (you) get a Bronco close enough to the way you'd build it that it's worth buying and enjoying it now? Yes = buy. No = wait.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has never ever been easy to get in and out of this ,but for so.e strange reason after returning to base i always feel better.
Oh, are we talking about vehicles that aren't easy to get in and out? Just inches off the road, heavily bolstered racing seats and ducking under the roll cage. It feels like being folded up like a pocket knife. :LOL:
Ford Bronco For those sticking with the 2021....why? 200209102223711
Sponsored