Sponsored

For those sticking with the 2021....why?

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not sure your point.

If the production schedule moves later into the year then EVERYBODY is getting pushed back, too.

Ford will not be building MY2021 and MY2022 Broncos at the same time. Anyone getting a Bronco will "suffer" from any further delay - so I don't see what it matters for a MY2021 buyer that differs from a MY2022 buyer.
No one suggested that they build 2021 and 2022 at the same time.
My point is for me, I dont want a 2021 delivered in the 4th qtr of the same year. Why buy a car that in a month or two is considered a year old?
Im just saying at that point Ill wait a month or two and just get a 2022. Probably better colors and options anyway.
Oh yeah, I forgot.....The 2021 will be worth so much more money because its the first year of production of the current generation even though they are gonna make 100k plus of them in the first year. If they can start building them anyway.
Im not telling you what to do, I dont care, do what you want, im just answering the question in the thread from my own perspective.
Sponsored

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You guys are weak...those are easy cars for ingress and egress...
Try these....
The red and black one doesnt even have doors..You just step over the side.

288723_238145162883457_6228706_o.jpg

20200814_081035.jpg

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The guys that must have a 2021 already have all the other years and want to have a complete set.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one suggested that they build 2021 and 2022 at the same time.
My point is for me, I dont want a 2021 delivered in the 4th qtr of the same year. Why buy a car that in a month or two is considered a year old?
Im just saying at that point Ill wait a month or two and just get a 2022. Probably better colors and options anyway.
Oh yeah, I forgot.....The 2021 will be worth so much more money because its the first year of production of the current generation even though they are gonna make 100k plus of them in the first year. If they can start building them anyway.
Im not telling you what to do, I dont care, do what you want, im just answering the question in the thread from my own perspective.
Like I said, I didn't get your point. Now I see what you mean.

The 2021 will be a "year" old in 2022, but since I am keeping it for a long time and to me, a truck in 2036 that was built in 2021 or 2022 isn't any real difference.

Better colors and options? "Probably" indeed - but not definitely. And will it be worth the price increase? No way to know so I can't worry about the unknown.

As far as resale value - I don't even consider that in any vehicle I buy. Vehicles are not an investment. Plus the 200,000 miles and decades of wear I hope to put on it will ensure it will only have value to me.

But you do you and don't worry about us 2021 peeps. We will be just fine.

Last edited:

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like I said, I didn't get your point. Now I see what you mean.

The 2021 will be a "year" old in 2022, but since I am keeping it for a long time and to me, a truck in 2036 that was built in 2021 or 2022 isn't any real difference.

Better colors and options? "Probably" indeed - but not definitely. And will it be worth the price increase? No way to know so I can't worry about the unknown.
Then for you I hope you get yours asap.
:)

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And for those who believe that the 22's will somehow magically be better...you do realize that you're maybe only talking about a few months of production difference? There'll hardly be enough time to iron out anything. You better hold for 23's.
I cant believe this merits discussion!
Excactly. The only difference in MY is the 10th character of the VIN.

Lol

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You guys are weak...those are easy cars for ingress and egress...
Try these....
The red and black one doesnt even have doors..You just step over the side.

288723_238145162883457_6228706_o.jpg

20200814_081035.jpg
You obviously have never had to climb into a 427 cobra with side pipes that will leave you with 3rd degree burns if you touch them.

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You obviously have never had to climb into a 427 cobra with side pipes that will leave you with 3rd degree burns if you touch them.
I drove my buddy's for about a week.
It's not bad getting in but getting out is bad when you forget about the pipes. Lol

Reactions: MJJ

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because I only plan on keeping it for 2-3years anyway. Why wait? No matter what resale will be better than average.

If for some reason Ford tanks the project (not going to happen) I'll have one.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first Ford was a 2 door regular cab 93' Ranger. It had manual everything and I loved it! So much I think about getting a used one exactly like it today.
I sold my '07 King Ranch last week while I could still get a good retail price for it so now I will be daily driving my trusty old '91 Ranger until the Bronco arrives . I had been driving it to work anyway to keep dents out of the F-150 since our parking lot is a mad house most of the time . 327,000 miles and still gets 18mpg in town and everything works . 2 Dr regular cab with AC , manual trans , windows and door locks . I put a clutch in it at 100k and just recently put a new alternator in it . It's just an experiment to see how long it will last at this point . For 9k new I think I have gotten my moneys worth out of it . The King Ranch had 202k and was just as dependable . High hopes for my new Bronco .

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd be interested in knowing about these trips! I want to do the same with my two daughters but there are only two or three off roading places here in Texas that interest me. Four if you count the Off-Roadeo!
If we buy in TX and fly in:
Get to the dealer early AM, get it all done, head out towards Roswell.
Head over to the painted desert in AZ by sundown to watch the sunset, stay the night in Winslow.
Head up to the Grand Canyon, stay the night somewhere there after spending all day.
Head over to CA, stay the night somewhere just north of LA.
Head up the PCH, stay the night near San Fran.
Head on up into Redwoods national park, get over into Oregon somewhere (probably Bend, OR), stay the night.
Head over to Idaho falls, stay the night.
Head to Yellowstone for the day, stay the night.
Head either north to Montana or south/east toward CO. Stay the night.
End up at Mt. Rushmore, stay the night.
Go to the Badlands the next day, stay the night either there or (seems to be a lack of lodging so it might be a long day) leave there and get a room farther east.
Various segments back to NC.

If we buy in WV:
Opposite direction.
Taking a trip in your Bronco will be awesome and the sooner the better. One reason I want a 2021 is so we can do another trip again soon. We are planning another epic trip soon after getting the Bronco and getting her trail ready. Below is the trip I took with my son in our Jeep the summer before he went to college. We took 16 days, put 4K miles on the jeep and made some amazing memories:

1. Drive from Pittsburgh to Snowmass, CO
2. Mountain bike Snowmass
3. Taylor Pass, drive up aspen mountain, Schofield Pass
4. Pearl Pass - Aspen to Crested Butte and to Ouray, CO
5. Alpine Loop, Mineral Creek, Engineer Pass, Animas Forks, California Gulch, Hurricane Pass and then Imogene Pass from Ouray, CO to Telluride, CO
6. Mountain bike Telluride, drive to Moab, UT
7. Gold Bar Rim/Metal Masher/Gemini Bridges in Moab
8. Drive to Georgetown, CA
9. Run Rubicon Trail, extra day at Rubicon Springs
10. Hang in Lake Tahoe area
11. Load the Jeep on truck and ship back to the 'burgh
12. Fly back to Pittsburgh

Last edited:
First Name
Desmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fustion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No... I'm not trolling, and I totally understand the mentality of "because I just want one", but I'm seriously wondering with so many red flags and so many unanswered questions, why are so many of us still willing to dive in?

Jeep had better prices, more options, and the aftermarket is never ending.

We know without a doubt that Ford is changing things for 2022 including more color options (tops and exterior for sure), more running gear options (manual and possible engines), something that is going to change the GVWR, and definitely more real life review information.

And yet with all these things, most of us, who are as much in the know as can be (vs the clueless mass population)... are still clamoring at each others throats to be first in line?

Besides the very large possibility that there will be a price increase for 2022... any actual sain reasons as to why it's 2021 or bust?
Fair question. As for me, when it comes time to sit with the dealer and order it -- since I will want the painted top -- I'lll likely delay to MY2022. (It'll probably happen anyway due to the top delays.) I think the interior colors suck and I hope that they might (might, I know) change them for 2022.

JDUBW89

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No... I'm not trolling, and I totally understand the mentality of "because I just want one", but I'm seriously wondering with so many red flags and so many unanswered questions, why are so many of us still willing to dive in?

We know without a doubt that Ford is changing things for 2022 including more color options (tops and exterior for sure), more running gear options (manual and possible engines), something that is going to change the GVWR, and definitely more real life review information.

And yet with all these things, most of us, who are as much in the know as can be (vs the clueless mass population)... are still clamoring at each others throats to be first in line?

Besides the very large possibility that there will be a price increase for 2022... any actual sain reasons as to why it's 2021 or bust?
I want to hear about the ride quality. Does the IFS really make it a reasonable dally driver or not? Hearing something from anyone who is able to actually drive one before I finish my order would be awesome!

Mjw

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

You forgot to leave your phone number at the Jeep dealership.
Sponsored