Sponsored

For those that HAVE 4 doors..the next time you put your doors in the back...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Could you measure how much clearance you have above them?

It seems like you can't add anything to the floor of the cargo area without losing the ability to fit all the doors.

Just wondering how high someone could raise the floor (aka storage, sliding tailgate, etc) before the doors would go longer fit.
Sponsored

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Onboard storage of the doors is mainly a marketing gimmick. In the Bronco Nation video that showed the slide out tailgate they mentioned that having the slide out tailgate negated the ability to store the doors in that space. It looked like the slide out tailgate lifted the cargo floor about 3 inches or so.

You'll have a choice to make, store the doors on board with nothing else or leave them home in the garage so you can fit anything else.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Onboard storage of the doors is mainly a marketing gimmick. In the Bronco Nation video that showed the slide out tailgate they mentioned that having the slide out tailgate negated the ability to store the doors in that space. It looked like the slide out tailgate lifted the cargo floor about 3 inches or so.

You'll have a choice to make, store the doors on board with nothing else or leave them home in the garage so you can fit anything else.
Yeah I'm with you on that, I've posted the same many times on how it's just a gimmick and that the moment you try to put anything in your cargo you won't be able to store the doors. But I was hoping there was a little bit of room to raise the floor up for some storage or whatever and still be able to fit the doors just in case.

Guess it's one of those, Nice concepts but worthless reality things.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not taken my doors off yet but the clearance is not much. I've noticed in photos of demo vehicles there are scratches on the roll bar right where the doors barely clear. Ford also warns of being careful of clearance to avoid damage.

I'd guess the problem is after the vehicle is in motion there is movement of the doors. Reducing clearance will increase the chance of damage.

Sponsored

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow that really sucks, had not seen this video. Basically if you decide to remove the doors in the middle of a long trip , you don't have any cargo space left... Betting 10$ too that they must move around a lot the way they are held. They are only squeezed together by that harness, no tracks or base to fit them in and hold them.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

That's when full soft doors come in handy, but unfortunately even Jeep and aftermarket seem to have said goodbye to those on later models.

I still have these Bestop full two-piece soft doors from my CJ-7. A compromise over hard doors, but handy for removing and stowing.

Ford Bronco For those that HAVE 4 doors..the next time you put your doors in the back... JeepSoftDoor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In addition to clearance concerns I'm pretty sure the onboard storage needs access to the D rings to secure the bags and prevent them from flopping back and forth

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In every one of my vehicles I have a tote in the back that has things like toe straps, some tools, jumper cables, etc.

I knew I was never going to be able to store all four doors in the back. But I was hoping that maybe at least two front ones. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I would have rather have given up rear door storage and have a place to put the center top because I'm more likely to decide to take the top off while out and about than the doors.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You won’t have room for anything with all 4 doors in back. This photo is all over the internet.

Ford Bronco For those that HAVE 4 doors..the next time you put your doors in the back... 69AF272C-7D2C-4E4C-8CBC-0EF0A11E5DED

I did take off my doors. You cannot put the top down with 4 doors in back. Two doors max in back and they had to be shifted (pulled latch on back seats) a bit to get the top down. Didn’t take photos sorry.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could you measure how much clearance you have above them?

It seems like you can't add anything to the floor of the cargo area without losing the ability to fit all the doors.

Just wondering how high someone could raise the floor (aka storage, sliding tailgate, etc) before the doors would go longer fit.
‘this 4 door has The sliding tailgate in it ( it will fit) the problem is the straps that hold the doors together and down (which I resolved on another thread a long while back) ..Note: in this pic they threw the doors in out of order.

Ford Bronco For those that HAVE 4 doors..the next time you put your doors in the back... 1635553353162

Ford Bronco For those that HAVE 4 doors..the next time you put your doors in the back... 1635553401685
Sponsored