Sponsored

For Those That Have Disabled Auto Start Stop…..

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting: Bronco 4-Door Wildtrak & 2-Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Question for those of you that have used the Forscan method to disable the A.S.S. on your 2021 or 2022 Bronco -

Does it show the “grayed out” logo on the dash when you stop? Any other notifications ever show up?

I ask as there were 3 codes to change with Forscan disabling the Auto Start Stop on my 2018 Raptor and zero issues, icons, or notifications show up on the dash - everything that I’m seeing for the Bronco only shows one code to change.

Thanks for the clarification.
Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can confirm it works as you described with one code change.

OP
OP
ameration

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So no codes / notifications / or the “grayed out” logo on the dash?

Thanks.

Clubdub

Badlands
First Name
J.W.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 limited f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s wrong with the grayed out logo on the dash?

OP
OP
ameration

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What’s wrong with the grayed out logo on the dash?
The grayed out logo on the dashboard indicates that there is a problem which is disabling the auto start stop feature. In my raptor, there are zero indications or was disabled, including that logo.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ameration

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
what he said…
Thank you both - but to better clarify, I’m not asking whether it works as - I’m asking what, if any, notifications, icons (grayed out logo on dashboard), etc… show up using the one code Forscan method?

Thanks again

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you both - but to better clarify, I’m not asking whether it works as - I’m asking what, if any, notifications, icons (grayed out logo on dashboard), etc… show up using the one code Forscan method?

Thanks again
I’ll pay more attention tomorrow when I drive it, but as I recall, there is no visual indication that it has been disabled either on the button itself or on the dash. I also have sport mode enabled on my BL and I understand that sport mode on other models disables the A.S.S. But even in this mode I don’t recall seeing any visual indication that it’s off. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
ameration

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ll pay more attention tomorrow when I drive it, but as I recall, there is no visual indication that it has been disabled either on the button itself or on the dash. I also have sport mode enabled on my BL and I understand that sport mode on other models disables the A.S.S. But even in this mode I don’t recall seeing any visual indication that it’s off. Hope that helps.
That is correct - in sport mode it will not activate the Auto start stop function. If you were in normal drive mode (Bronco logo) - that is where you will notice the “grayed out” A.S.S. logo on the dash when stopped. Any chance that you’d consider trying driving in normal mode tomorrow to double check if anything g comes up on the dashboard/gauge cluster when stopped? Thanks for even considering this.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is correct - in sport mode it will not activate the Auto start stop function. If you were in normal drive mode (Bronco logo) - that is where you will notice the “grayed out” A.S.S. logo on the dash when stopped. Any chance that you’d consider trying driving in normal mode tomorrow to double check if anything g comes up on the dashboard/gauge cluster when stopped? Thanks for even considering this.
Sure. I'll take a look-see and report back later today.

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took the Bronco for a drive today with the intent of paying close attention to the A.S.S. function.
The bottom line is that there is a greyed out A.S.S. symbol with a line through it in the display above the digital speedometer at all times and regardless of the GOAT mode. It doesn't change, it doesn't go away at any time. If I press the button that normally activates/deactivates the A.S.S. the display shows a text box that it has been activated or deactivated but the symbol doesn't change nor does the operation of the engine, in other words, it does not shut off the engine as the A.S.S. would be expected to. So, the forescan change truly disables the function, or at least it appears as so from all indications.
Does that help?

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The grayed out logo on the dashboard indicates that there is a problem which is disabling the auto start stop feature. In my raptor, there are zero indications or was disabled, including that logo.
To clarify, the grey logo does not mean “problem” it means that all conditions for start stop have not been met. This could be things like current draw being too high (AC on, etc), not on the brake in a manual, and many others.

to my knowledge, the forscan change for the bronco creates a permanent unmeetable condition by leveraging the power steering control module — so, I would imagine you may see grey ASS icons when idling at a red light for example.

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the physical Autostop Eliminator: https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford/products/2021-ford-bronco-autostop-eliminator

And I do not have any icons on my display. When I start the Bronco the screen flashes up saying it's been disabled but it goes away on its own after about 2-3 seconds.

This method effectively just "remembers" what you had the switch set to and tells the Bronco to set it that way every time you start up.

Nice to see replies here because I was thinking of removing it and just doing it through Forscan.

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used Forscan to disable the ASS. When I am going, there is no indicator that the ASS has been disabled. However, when I stop, the little gray ASS icon with a line through it appears on the dash and stays there until I start going again. There are no other indicators that it has been disabled. It works like a charm!!!

I used the PSCM 730-03-01 module and address to disable it.

Punisher4135

Wildtrak
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 2020 Supra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed the AutoStopEliminator as well. Zero problems, holds the memory of in or off. Awesome fix.
Sponsored