Sponsored

For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint?

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
The electronics in the base are so bad… CarPlay doesn’t connect 30% of the time for me, the stereo is awful, everything lags, it’s a creature comfort I didn’t realize I want so much.

the second row is for small people. 6 foot and a tall torso and your head is in line with the roll bars. It was so bad I don’t want to put adults in that second row and plan to just pull it out in the near future.

it’s cheap. I got mine for a song but all the plastic scratches, the roof has scrapes from just removing it and putting it in the bag, the steering wheel is the cheapest crap possible, it’s almost like they want you to rebuild most of it.

The windows rattle. I tried the fixes and it still rattles when you shut the doors and if you have them cracked but not all the way down.

The rear door is bound to bend from the heavier Sasquatch spare. I’ve watched it move when playing in the dirt… I could see a case where it either bends the door or blows out the rear window.

I am hoping that the aftermarket fixes the stereo situation (CarPlay being unusable is worth me selling it) and there are tailgate options that might fix the rear door. I’m waiting for new hinges in steel and a plate or I’ll go with a bumper tire carrier. I am upgrading my stereo next because it sounds like crap.

I will be going Tacoma TRD Pro as my next car. Idk what I’ll do with the bronco. I’ll know more once I can order the Tacoma, but I’m leaning towards sell. It’s just not as nice. I’ll sit on the sidelines until a significant update.
Sponsored

NCSUDucker

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would have never ordered the roof rack if Iknew you couldn’t get the middle panel off without removing it. No seat memory as myself, my wife, and my son drive it. Looking for an OEM soft top so I can switch back and forth easily.

Mickey69

Wildtrak
First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My windows rattle horribly when they are half down and now when I step on the gas from a complete stop there is a little bump that I feel that is coming from the back with only 3,500 miles
on my Wiltrak. :cry:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ha, this is one busy Thread...
For me, it was the Double Honk - thankfully remedied using ForScan.
I also found the ASS annoying, so I got the plug-in harness to make it remember to stay off all the time.
There are a vast array of add-ons available to remedy almost any annoying feature. I've seen postings addressing the Wind noise through the Hard top issue. I thought it was more effort than I wanted to exert.
We took a ride to NH for the Off-Roadeo this past weekend and long trips with this vehicle will be few and far between. It's a great commuter and certainly excellent as an off-road vehicle, but not exactly a comfy travelling ride. Others will likely refute that, but for me, I'd rather take one of my other vehicles for a long driving trip.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

if I had to pick one...... the settings going back to default EVERY TIME I shut it off.......it must have been designed as a rental.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cheap plastic, hump in rear cargo area, no under rear seat storage. 23k MAV does. Solved rear drink holder. Still love the thing.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should of had MyColor for the gauges and footwell like the Ponies of the Pavement got

windshear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the price we paid for the LUX it should have a full digital dash, MyColor, Seat and side mirror memory, and a Bronco projection on the ground at night.
As far as complaints the ASS system sucks, it needs a V8!!, and adjustable head rest with the MGV seats. How cheep can Ford get. really.

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From glancing over this, most of y’all bought the wrong f#$&ing vehicle. The Bronco (2 Dr, of course) has cup holders in the back, no seat memory bs, plastic seats and dash, etc because it’s made to shed the freaking doors and and top, go outside and have fun, get it it wet and do it again tomorrow. My biggest compliant is it’s sitting in the garage in another state while i have great Bronco weather in FL! We’ll resolve that next season!

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Biggest complaint: the technology was designed by lawyers rendering it practically useless. All the tech in the LUX package teases at possibilities….but in practice it’s rendered retarded due to an overzealous aversion to lawsuits,

Examples: Ford really should allow the vehicle to default to whatever GOAT mode was active when you shut it off. As it stands, the dash will prompt you if you want to return to that mode…but if you don’t remember to answer the prompt in 30 seconds….it goes away. Would it kill me to just have it automatically stay in the last known GOAT mode for cryin’ out loud??

Or hill descent assist. Great if going slow offroad. But why can’t I use it on the street too? Going down a long steep grade why can’t I set it at 30mph? Or 50mph?

And I don’t even wanna know what scary things might happen to me if I tried to use zone lighting above 5mph.

The list goes on and on and on. Virtually EVERY technology feature you can name has some sort of limitation due to an overactive sense of responsibility by Ford.

Sponsored

burgerking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't have any real complaints yet. Just have to get used to the parking brake and learning where everything is on a ford product.

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I regret not adding Aux Switches for the insignificant cost. Have no immediate lighting plans but might down the road. I remember the excitement of adding a pair of Hella lights to the bumper of my ‘88 Ranger SuperCab.

oh, the electric parking brake is BS! The M7 deserves a Pull Brake!!!

To flip the card, what is my biggest appreciation? Aside from the Best Accessory Ever - Slide Out Tailgate, the HE-MAN spec is Exactly what I had hoped for from the day I placed my 2020 reservation!!!

Last edited:

SmallCrawler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Biggest complaint about my new 2023 2 door is the leaky hard top.

I was told that fixing the glass window seals is risky, since they have a tendency to break when being removed for repair. It's a risk since replacement glass windows are currently non-existent according to my dealer. Replacing the hard top isn't a great solution either, since Ford does not include the windows.

CCCycleguy

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I have systematically "fixed" all my gripes. Only one left and it is more about a third party than Ford now that the MIC hardtops are shipping. Been waiting on a white hardtop from ADV Fiberglass for 19 months. I HATE the soft top. Horrible access from the back and side winds on the highway about lift it off. Oh, one more - the Ford perimeter plus security is too sensitive. Loud vehicles set it off driving by all the time.

Previously, my biggest issues were:
- Stereo ($11K later. . .)
- Rattles (installed sound deadening everywhere)

A lot of work and a lot of money, but I now never want to leave my vehicle. It sounds SOOOOO amazing. I'm a former professional sound engineer, so having a good sound system is kind of an illness that has to be treated.
Sponsored