Sponsored

For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint?

poopypants

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got my build date today so I'm expecting to receive my Bronco in July, but I was wondering for those that already had theirs what your biggest issue with the Bronco is. I'm admittedly a filthy offroading casual (I got the BB/midpackage and it's really just going to be my daily driver with occasional offroading) but I was thinking about what mods (mostly interior) I wanted to go for
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That I can’t get a washout floor for my OBX. I think ford should offer it across the board. Or as an accessory. Not much else I can complain about I’ve put about 1000 miles on and dang it drives nice.
EDIT* I found a complaint! That all the doors don’t have the passive entry handles. It happened again today I want to open the rear door but it’s locked so I have to grab the front handle to unlock the rear doors.

Last edited:

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest gripe is the power band kicks in right about the same time the speed limit does.

All kidding aside it’s a great vehicle. Only 2 gripes I have are the torque management off the line and inside storage.
Now I have a lot of rc crawlers and can appreciate the controlled power off the go for crawling but in the city I like to drive heavy footed off the line. So I accept the fact she’s not a race car.
Not to much room inside to hide things so you have to get creative with it. Which I love doing. Lots of after market support and great ideas on here for dyi and parts people made. Love it.
I guess they would be more of a peeve then a gripe.

that’s coming from a 2 door owner who uses it as a weekend/play toy.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a whole section on this forum dedicated to issues with the Bronco that you might want to check out. Aside from blatant mechanical or quality issues with specific Broncos, the things someone coming from a "normal" car or SUV might be bothered by in a daily driver include:
  • Wind noise from the top
  • Really bad gas mileage
  • Subpar sound system
  • The near-vertical windshield being more susceptible to cracks
  • Collected rain being channeled by the roof into open windows
  • Tires throwing rocks and dirt
These things are somewhat typical for this type of vehicle, so it's not like the Bronco is especially horrible in these regards. Just things to be aware of.

chancewm

Outer Banks
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Audio system is not good. $750 and about 10 hrs of tinkering fixed it.
IMO you can make a huge improvement on the system for about $200 and an hour of work. Just replacing the four 4" speakers and adding some baffles was enough to get it acceptable.

That said, I'm sure the above system would blow mine out of the water.

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I second the A/C seats comment from above. Aside from that, I keep waiting for the honeymoon period to wear off but it seems like it becomes more of a treat with each day I drive it.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is not a complaint and I thought it was silly before I got my Bronco but living with the dash… It is not horrid like some people freak out about on here but it isn’t great. It functions but it sure operates, feels and looks like an after thought. It’s useable for sure but just eh.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I absolutely love it and had a hard time coming up with a complaint, so here's this: The auto start/stop disables itself too often.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bronco definitely has its warts. Not going to list them all, just the ones that really drive me crazy.

• B&O system sucked - Fixed ☑
  • Windows - rattle, catch when opening and rattle, just a really bad design and or implementation - hours spent by dealer and me working on, better but still suck
  • Wind noise from hard top - stuff some crap in the gaps on panel gaskets and it helps
  • The longer i own it the more rattles and squeaks pop up - tired of looking for and fixing these - too many to list - buy some krytox lube
  • Interior lighting is non existent - not easy fix with lighting system Ford uses - good news is two different vendors have solutions coming soon........
Model yr 24/25 after mid-cycle refresh are going to get one hell of a SUV. We get the early adopter warts.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wipers don't go fast enough. Carplay is annoying and doesn't work in rural areas, so I have to use sync. I get completely and totally drenched when opening the door in the rain. Those are my complaints.