Sponsored

For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint?

Lars31177

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKC, 2019 Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco definitely has its warts. Not going to list them all, just the ones that really drive me crazy.

• B&O system sucked - Fixed ☑
  • Windows - rattle, catch when opening and rattle, just a really bad design and or implementation - hours spent by dealer and me working on, better but still suck
  • Wind noise from hard top - stuff some crap in the gaps on panel gaskets and it helps
  • The longer i own it the more rattles and squeaks pop up - tired of looking for and fixing these - too many to list - buy some krytox lube
  • Interior lighting is non existent - not easy fix with lighting system Ford uses - good news is two different vendors have solutions coming soon........
Model yr 24/25 after mid-cycle refresh are going to get one hell of a SUV. We get the early adopter warts.
what did you do to fix your B&O system?
Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not sure if you're misunderstanding what they said. They're referring to the front section which folds back less than a foot from your head. I'm pretty sure you'd hear or feel that bouncing.
I think it’s more than 1 foot… 🤷🏼‍♂️ Anyway, never hear mine bouncing. But threads have shown there’s a LOT of difference in the soft tops and how they’re adjusted from the factory.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good idea on rhe adapter. My question was how did you fit the 6.75” speaker into the kick panel? Did you use an adapter?
Haven’t installed them, but this is what came from Crutchfield. They definitely don’t fit the 4” speakers
Ford Bronco For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint? AFA13989-6E1E-4363-8037-3D3F18BC205B

Dubs

Outer Banks
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BRONCO, '89 WRANGLER
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not so much a complaint, but a concern is windows rattling when halfway down. Over bumps on road I've had a few shakes that caught my attention. Frameless windows, might be issue on big enough bump.

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This seems to have fixed the double honk crap on mine. Did it yesterday:
- Make sure Bronco is off and at rest
- Hold lock and unlock buttons down on the key fob 3 seconds until lights blink twice
- Release both buttons
- Press lock button

I tried it and no more stupid double honk!
I wanted to respond once I tested and you were right! No more double honk!

now, I wonder what else got disabled…
:LOL::ROFLMAO:
thanks for sharing that trick.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronco definitely has its warts. Not going to list them all, just the ones that really drive me crazy.

• B&O system sucked - Fixed ☑
  • Windows - rattle, catch when opening and rattle, just a really bad design and or implementation - hours spent by dealer and me working on, better but still suck
  • Wind noise from hard top - stuff some crap in the gaps on panel gaskets and it helps
  • The longer i own it the more rattles and squeaks pop up - tired of looking for and fixing these - too many to list - buy some krytox lube
  • Interior lighting is non existent - not easy fix with lighting system Ford uses - good news is two different vendors have solutions coming soon........
Model yr 24/25 after mid-cycle refresh are going to get one hell of a SUV. We get the early adopter warts.
IAG announced theirs this weekend at the Bronco event. The other hasn’t announced yet. 🤐
I second the lighting comment.

Is this what you're talking about from IAG?

Ford Bronco For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint? 1651117089051

My biggest gripe is the settings amnesia it seems to suffer from. Won't remember any of the following from start to start:
  • Auto headlamp - the auto bright feature is downright comical if you live where there are only a few cars and lots of curvy roads and hills)
  • ASS - could you at least remember what my last ASS setting was?
  • Radio tune on the steering wheel - puts me back in FM if I tough it rather than tuning thru XM.
  • Goat mode - why even prompt me to return to the non-normal one when I restart?

Still loving it, but a little more thought into some basic programming techniques would have made it even more friendly.
Are you saying you want the auto bright feature to stay on or off?
They probably don't get credit for auto start/stop from the EPA if they have it stay off all the time.
I actually like that it asks if you want to return to a non-normal drive mode from a previous drive - that's one thing I'd have liked in my Mustang.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is this what you're talking about from IAG?

1651117089051.png

They probably don't get credit for auto start/stop from the EPA if they have it stay off all the time.
I actually like that it asks if you want to return to a non-normal drive mode from a previous drive - that's one thing I'd have liked in my Mustang.
No. They showed them off as prototype at the super celebration event but aren’t available for a while.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'd like it to stay off if that's where I left it. I end up rolling around here at night looking like some sort of discotheque strobe light due to all the hills, curves, and other cars :)

1st world problem for sure, but still annoying that it turns auto bright back on after each start.

The wife's '16 BMW remembers almost every setting (including A.S.S.) between starts, so I know that as a human race, we have the technology!

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This seems to have fixed the double honk crap on mine. Did it yesterday:
- Make sure Bronco is off and at rest
- Hold lock and unlock buttons down on the key fob 3 seconds until lights blink twice
- Release both buttons
- Press lock button

I tried it and no more stupid double honk!
A follow up, similar to the amnesia you joked about right after this comment, I got double-honked at last night after not having it perform the action for a while.

I’m not entirely sure why that option turned itself back on… but the study continues.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Auto stop start sucks.

But easy enough to fix!

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest complaint is that I have to try and carry on conversations with passengers cause the Mic top doesn't make any goddamn noise like I was told it did online. 🙄

Stewdee55

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got my build date today so I'm expecting to receive my Bronco in July, but I was wondering for those that already had theirs what your biggest issue with the Bronco is. I'm admittedly a filthy offroading casual (I got the BB/midpackage and it's really just going to be my daily driver with occasional offroading) but I was thinking about what mods (mostly interior) I wanted to go for
Well I have the Bigly Bend 2.7L Sas. My only complaint is the horrid fuel economy . It really needs a larger fuel tank. But its been perfect from day 1. 2600 miles on it. Best vehicle out of the box for me. No leaks, rattles, squeaks . Hopefully I dont have one of the valve dropping 2.7's..😂

STRATUS

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, C8 Corvette Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My MIC top squeaks like a pig! Pisses me off. Other than that...love it!
Sponsored