Sponsored

For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint?

Kygolfer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Add me to the Big Bend with a whistling driver side mirror.
Sponsored

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not a complaint; more of a suggestion:

There should be a mud flap option from the factory for Sas orders. We’re the ones who actually need them. 🤣

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question: I thought I ordered mine from the factory with 35” KM2’s? Or maybe I’m going crazy?

I like the KM2’s a lot. My previous set lasted over 80k miles. Plus, I love that they’re loud!

brentallan4421

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Soft top prop retaining clip disappeared. 25$ to replace this tiny piece of plastic. Pay attention when lowering the prop. It probably spun 90° and just fell out. I am working on another solution, will post if I come up with one.

Ford Bronco For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint? 20220502_132550
Ford Bronco For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint? 20220502_132602
Ford Bronco For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint? 20220502_132613

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The gas tank of 2 door Bronco is too small. Worrying about next fill-up 70% of the time. Bought a 5 gallon gas tank for mountain driving, thus we dare to drive the Bronco to 30 miles from empty.

Sponsored

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After about 4 weeks, 1200 miles, mixed city/highway, here's my very short list:

- Heated steering wheel is wonky - I think I may have a defective one, it wasn't even turning on the other night.

- Air vents leak and whistle when they're closed and the blower seem a bit asthmatic. Floor vents don't really do much when that's the only set of vents open. I've even tried closing the dashboard vents completely but floor vents don't really have much air-flow, even at the highest fan speed setting.

- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror works great, I wish the side-view mirrors were also auto-dimming.

- A nitpick that may be in a system setting somewhere, I want to be able to select ECO as my default GOAT mode. For me, I'm gonna have to climb through the city to get to the dirt, may as well keep it in ECO until I need mo powa!

- I know it's a big honking SUV, but the fuel mileage leaves A LOT to be desired, especially for a modern vehicle. Range isn't a huge concern but it's a bummer that 17 - 19 MPG is what this engine / chassis was dialed in with. I knew the numbers were going to be rough but was hoping for something that would give us 19 - 25's? This isn't my daily driver, but wow!

These are all minor things TBH and I'm extremely happy getting the chance to buy a first-run SUV, even with the quirks and a few "rough" edges. I take these as teething issues with the Bronco that the aftermarket will probably solve in due time.

I love this damn thing, so not really complaining!

Last edited:

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6800 miles.

Complaints:
Finding the air filters has been a pain in the neck. Only 1 place had them in central Florida - and took the guy 30 minutes to find it. Cabin-air filter is still a no show.

Having to see thread after thread of build dates and people waiting on their Broncos. I get it, it sucks, but when I come here I want to learn and read about Broncos not "what-ifs" and "might have beens".

That is it. Sure there are foibles - like having to tighten the roof bolt every now and again and finding time to wash her since birds love crapping on it and bugs love flying into it - but it was so worth the wait.

Nemo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

At the moment, the torque spec on the rear lower shock mounts. I'm wanting to install these @Valkyrie Off Road skid armor plates and the 350# torque spec is killing me

alexg823

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco OBX Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The interior plastic is shockingly low quality. When I went to pick up my Bronco I noticed scratches on the door and the dashboard the first time I even sat in it... Really took away the feeling of buying something new to have it all scratched up from the start.

Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
6800 miles.

Complaints:
Finding the air filters has been a pain in the neck. Only 1 place had them in central Florida - and took the guy 30 minutes to find it. Cabin-air filter is still a no show.

Having to see thread after thread of build dates and people waiting on their Broncos. I get it, it sucks, but when I come here I want to learn and read about Broncos not "what-ifs" and "might have beens".

That is it. Sure there are foibles - like having to tighten the roof bolt every now and again and finding time to wash her since birds love crapping on it and bugs love flying into it - but it was so worth the wait.
How often you changing your air filters?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before I basically had no criticisms but I guess a fair one would be the butter soft interior plastic. I have as many scuffs and scratches already as my wife's 10 year old Edge. In 20 years these are going to look like a war zone inside.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How often you changing your air filters?
Went off roading a few times and this is what the air filter looked like. It was around 3000 miles, I think.

I figured I might as well get the cabin filter but no luck.
20220317_102600.jpg

JohnG

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr Basesquatch, 2022 2 dr Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
The frameless windows. After 5k miles I think I love everything about this vehicle except how the windows catch every freaking time I open the doors. Feel like I’m going to break them if I open too fast.

Other than that, it’s the perfect vehicle. 4 door 2.7 base Sasquatch, hard top, I wouldn’t order it any other way.

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The frameless windows. After 5k miles I think I love everything about this vehicle except how the windows catch every freaking time I open the doors. Feel like I’m going to break them if I open too fast.

Other than that, it’s the perfect vehicle. 4 door 2.7 base Sasquatch, hard top, I wouldn’t order it any other way.
Some silicone spray on the rubber may help with the sticky windows.
Sponsored