Sponsored

For those who have sold their Bronco already -- what was your experience selling?

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello All.

I have a Ford Bronco, and love it! My second order is now scheduled and plan to sell my first one. For those who have already sold one, what has your experience been? Did you sell it private party or to a dealer? Were dealers low balling you, or were they fighting to take it off your hands?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2021 Base, no options. I put 20,000kms on it, 33ā€ Falken WP AT3W, Black Rhino Wheels, some lights and an auxbeam controller.

ā€œSoldā€ it through the dealer, they put it up for auction and got sticker for it, on my behalf. Iā€™m out a few bucks for the mods and the fuel put into it.

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We bought a 2021 Base model for 40k added 2ā€ lift, new wheels with 35ā€ tires, side steps, and tinted windows. Cost 6300.00 lost 5k on our trade in. Sold it for 60k only put 1200 miles on it. Buyer was head over heels for it. We made some money on it. Wasnā€™t hard to sell at all privately. Think he loved was blacked out.

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve sold two of them to private parties. Both of them were from out of state. Both fairly smooth transactions. I paid 3, and 4 over MSRP respectively and made back my money on both. I have one ordered and set for production next month. The last couple of months Iā€™ve seen a lot of dealers selling at MSRP so I wanted to unload the last one while the market was good enough for me to recoup paying over. Fortunately I was able to get that money back but Iā€™m not sure if I could now. Unfortunately, I donā€™t have a Bronco until mine gets built and after owning a coupleā€¦ itā€™s not easy driving anything else. Lol

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ve sold two of them to private parties. Both of them were from out of state. Both fairly smooth transactions. I paid 3, and 4 over MSRP respectively and made back my money on both. I have one ordered and set for production next month. The last couple of months Iā€™ve seen a lot of dealers selling at MSRP so I wanted to unload the last one while the market was good enough for me to recoup paying over. Fortunately I was able to get that money back but Iā€™m not sure if I could now. Unfortunately, I donā€™t have a Bronco until mine gets built and after owning a coupleā€¦ itā€™s not easy driving anything else. Lol
Since Ford has recently announced its not building anymore Sasquatch package Broncos right now the prices on Sasquatch have gone up.

All the Broncos in my area are above sticker. Sasquatch way above sticker. The Ford Bronco is an entirely different market then the standard car market. It's almost like a specialty vehicle.

High demand for the Bronco+ shortage of parts= higher prices. And when you sell one it = instant regret. Especially when you see them on the road. Ask me how I know. Lol.

I sold my first Eruption Green Bronco that I waited 2 years to get and regretted it. It sold super fast. Now I have a Hot Pepper Red Metallic Bronco. šŸ˜‹

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since Ford has recently announced its not building anymore Sasquatch package Broncos right now the prices on Sasquatch have gone up.
Wait, what?!
When did Ford announce no more Sasquatch Broncos? That's some huge breaking news right there! Link to source?

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last November, sold my first one (black OBX softie, zero extra options) within 24 hours of listing it on marketplace. Bought it for 5k over MSRP, sold it 8k miles later for a lot more than that - to the same dealer I bought it from. Had another dealer and them out-bidding each other. The whole process was fairly painless.

Have my current 2 door base squatch on marketplace for 50k (almost 5k over sticker) and getting zero serious hits after several days. The market is much slower than it was, obviously. I don't really want to sell it and won't settle for less than a hefty profit UNLESS my Heritage comes a whole lot more quickly than I expect. Even then, there's a charm to the base that I absolutely love and I'm not sure the Heritage will have the same feel to it.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, what?!
When did Ford announce no more Sasquatch Broncos? That's some huge breaking news right there! Link to source?
They didn't and are still building them everyday.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They didn't and are still building them everyday.
Oh, I know as it would have been pinned to the main page and a 100 page thread by now. I was just making sure others realized it was an unsourced drive-by comment.

Brianā€™sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, I know as it would have been pinned to the main page and a 100 page thread by now. I was just making sure others realized it was an unsourced drive-by comment.
Probably another ā€œdealer saidā€ (DRINK!!!) so they can justify the stupid high ADM to the uneducated.

edit: there where at least three scheduled in the 5/4 thread.šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Last edited:

Sponsored

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I bought a 2.3L Cactus Gray BD non SAS in November ā€˜22. I wanted SAS so I sold it and bought a 2.7 Pepper Red BD SAS in February thinking SAS would be a hot commodity when people realized they couldnā€™t get them when order banks opened. Well, we all know how that went. No 24 hour window and basically you could order almost everything (minus Everglades, Manual, Base, Cloth Seats, etc). Still having the Red BD in hand I ordered everything including Lux, MIC, SAS, Badlands thinking I could wait a while before it was built. Ordered on the 27th and got a VIN & build date for late Mayā€¦. So I thought Iā€™d unload the BD while the getting was good while I wait for the new one. Obviously the constraints arenā€™t THAT bad. Although I understand allocations, priority codes, etc.

All the Broncos in my area are above sticker. Sasquatch way above sticker. The Ford Bronco is an entirely different market then the standard car market. It's almost like a specialty vehicle.

High demand for the Bronco+ shortage of parts= higher prices. And when you sell one it = instant regret. Especially when you see them on the road. Ask me how I know. Lol.

I sold my first Eruption Green Bronco that I waited 2 years to get and regretted it. It sold super fast. Now I have a Hot Pepper Red Metallic Bronco. šŸ˜‹

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait, what?!
They are having a hard time building them for the remainder of 2023. That's why they are paying people $2,500 to change their orders from Sasquatch to non Sasquatch or pick a different Ford vehicle. This is not new news.

I didn't mean they're never building another Sasquatch Bronco ever again. Lol.

I should have worded it a bit differently my bad.

Last edited:

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I traded a 21 BD SAS 2.3 auto 4 dr soft top with 16000 miles in and got what I paid for it. By doing so I paid zero sales tax on my 23 2 door.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like I said I should have worded it differently. But I guess I'm just good at reading between the lines. When a company says they will offer you $2,500 to switch your order from Sasquatch to regular Bronco that usually means they are having a hard time building them. Will you get it built eventually sure. Might take a year or two and without price protection from what I hear.
Sponsored