Sponsored

For Those Who Placed You Order When The Order Banks Originally Opened And Are Still Waiting....

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the bean counters at Ford are pushing them to get us early July 2020 reservation holders scheduled and delivered in the next 6 months. Ford’s manufacturing costs have gone up the last two years and I can’t see them not honoring our original prices for those who ordered by the Mach 2021 price protection cut off date. Certainly another price increase will be coming for MY2023 and it doesn’t make financial sense for them to not fulfill early reservations that have to be sold for $3k+ less due to price protection. The tube doors alone for my 7/20/20 reservation are now selling for $500 more.
Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No clue on their allotments. My dealer is a reasonable sized dealer. I’ve checked with them in routinely. I supposedly have a Order code of “9” whatever that means.
Allotment isn’t the only factor, but it matters. Originally, I was 150 out of 400. The dealership only had 100 allotments for the year. I moved my reservation (back when you could) to another dealership where I was 20 out of 120. I drove my Bronco home last October.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good discussion here and some of the conclusions or observations are logical, but I’ve got another business theory that‘s likely at play here.

Ford really doesn’t care about those of us who’ve waited over 2 model years since placing a reservation in Summer 2020 and here’s why: What really is the Bronco’s competition? Nothing really at the moment.

Sure, the Wrangler sounds obvious, but upon closer examination; it isn’t really. Take the point that the Wrangler has been available the entire time; you can actually place a custom order today and it will be in your driveway in around 3 months with no ADM and maybe even below sticker. Wranglers need chips too, but somehow, Jeep as all that they need for not only Wrangler, but Waggoner, the new Cherokee, and all of the RAM trucks, Chargers, Challengers, and TRXs, 392 Hemi Wranglers and the whole lot and you can have any one of them in 3 months parked in your driveway.

So, why haven’t you purchased one? Because you don’t want that shit and Ford knows this too and they aren’t afraid of us flipping to Jeep.

Walk in custimers are known as ”the sheep”. Why? Because they aren’t knowledgeable or passionate about anything other than what looks nice. Their lives are no different.

The people who reserved a Bronco in Summer 2020, joined and type on a forum, are “Ford“ people, these are enthusiasts. We know the vehicle and more about it than anyone other than the engineers, we have SWAG, we talk, debate, argue, praise, and enjoy vehicles and the thought of owning this Bronco. Many of you have owned several in the past. You, nor me (or so they think) are going nowhere, so they don’t have to care about us, as we’ll eat whatever crap that Ford shoves to us.

Now, this is all long sense gotten out of hand, but Ford knew this launch would be a disaster from the start. They have analysts who knew they didn’t order enough chips, cancelled a ton of orders, and the big pink elephant is that the new CEO Farley, doesn’t really want our business any longer anyway. He wants the green crowd who want electrics. Electric buyers tend to have more money, want a more luxury experience, and are far less bitchy than we are; only makes business sense in his world.

I have to admit, that buying a Bronco is a sort of a cave man purchase for me, but I like wheelin and being out in the woods with a fire and bourbons n beer; sue me!

But here’s the thing, I’m not a Ford guy, nor a Jeep guy. I own an old Disco and was originally planning to get the new Defender in 2019 until Land Rover went soft with it, or so it seemed. I’m now looking more closely at a Defender since I’d never drive a Wrangler nor a Toyota anything. Beyond that, after this experience, if I pass on my Bronco, I’ll never look at Ford EVER again and that’s a fact.

End of year is the end of the line for me and this Bronco and that’s a shame to have to say.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The people who reserved a Bronco in Summer 2020, joined and type on a forum, are “Ford“ people, these are enthusiasts. We know the vehicle and more about it than anyone other than the engineers, we have SWAG, we talk, debate, argue, praise, and enjoy vehicles and the thought of owning this Bronco. Many of you have owned several in the past. You, nor me (or so they think) are going nowhere, so they don’t have to care about us, as we’ll eat whatever crap that Ford shoves to us.
Bingo, for us Non-Ford Bronco enthusiasts, we want to believe in the potential of the the Bronco, but the reality is, Ford knows with their 53.9% brand loyalists and the walk-ins "we’ll eat whatever crap that Ford shoves to us."

What motivation does Ford have to improve the process or product, none, they will put their money in the new chase, as you say...

"the big pink elephant is that the new CEO Farley, doesn’t really want our business any longer anyway. He wants the green crowd who want electrics. Electric buyers tend to have more money, want a more luxury experience, and are far less bitchy than we are; only makes business sense in his world."​

OP
OP

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good discussion here and some of the conclusions or observations are logical, but I’ve got another business theory that‘s likely at play here.

Ford really doesn’t care about those of us who’ve waited over 2 model years since placing a reservation in Summer 2020 and here’s why: What really is the Bronco’s competition? Nothing really at the moment.

Sure, the Wrangler sounds obvious, but upon closer examination; it isn’t really. Take the point that the Wrangler has been available the entire time; you can actually place a custom order today and it will be in your driveway in around 3 months with no ADM and maybe even below sticker. Wranglers need chips too, but somehow, Jeep as all that they need for not only Wrangler, but Waggoner, the new Cherokee, and all of the RAM trucks, Chargers, Challengers, and TRXs, 392 Hemi Wranglers and the whole lot and you can have any one of them in 3 months parked in your driveway.

So, why haven’t you purchased one? Because you don’t want that shit and Ford knows this too and they aren’t afraid of us flipping to Jeep.

Walk in custimers are known as ”the sheep”. Why? Because they aren’t knowledgeable or passionate about anything other than what looks nice. Their lives are no different.

Now, this is all long sense gotten out of hand, but Ford knew this launch would be a disaster from the start. They have analysts who knew they didn’t order enough chips, cancelled a ton of orders, and the big pink elephant is that the new CEO Farley, doesn’t really want our business any longer anyway. He wants the green crowd who want electrics. Electric buyers tend to have more money, want a more luxury experience, and are far less bitchy than we are; only makes business sense in his world.

I have to admit, that buying a Bronco is a sort of a cave man purchase for me, but I like wheelin and being out in the woods with a fire and bourbons n beer; sue me!

But here’s the thing, I’m not a Ford guy, nor a Jeep guy. I own an old Disco and was originally planning to get the new Defender in 2019 until Land Rover went soft with it, or so it seemed. I’m now looking more closely at a Defender since I’d never drive a Wrangler nor a Toyota anything. Beyond that, after this experience, if I pass on my Bronco, I’ll never look at Ford EVER again and that’s a fact.

End of year is the end of the line for me and this Bronco and that’s a shame to have to say.
I’m with you. My theory is the @Ford and @

I agree. My theory is that @Ford and @jimfarley98 are more interested in selling as many Broncos as possible to those who did not have a Reservation because margins are higher and they know they can’t produce Broncos at high volume levels. At least that’s my opinion.
That is a short term vision that is focused on immediate profits, bonuses, stock options, etc…vs a longer term commitment to the customer. That will not affect @jimfarley98 because he will likely be sitting on a beach drinking a Corona in his retirement by the time the “never buy another Ford” damage is done. (Again - my opinion).
I talked with a GMC dealer who shared this perspective: Every time a customer walks in the door who is leaving another Brand (like Ford), that is a minimum of $700,000. I said - I don’t understand?? The response was: If he sells me a car/truck and converts me, he will likely sell me one for my wife, we will trade and rebuy over the years, and we may buy one for our kids. The Kids may also grow loyal to that brand in the future. That is a long term vision!! Customer loyalty to Brand / Brand loyalty to Customer.
As I type this, I am waiting on it to stop raining so I can finish washing my nearly 19 year old Ford truck. That said, I can assure you that I am getting close to walking away from the Bronco after this experience, and if I do, I can assure you I won’t be a Ford Customer in the future.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bingo, for us Non-Ford Bronco enthusiasts, we want to believe in the potential of the the Bronco, but the reality is, Ford knows with their 53.9% brand loyalists and the walk-ins "we’ll eat whatever crap that Ford shoves to us."

What motivation does Ford have to improve the process or product, none, they will put their money in the new chase, as you say...

"the big pink elephant is that the new CEO Farley, doesn’t really want our business any longer anyway. He wants the green crowd who want electrics. Electric buyers tend to have more money, want a more luxury experience, and are far less bitchy than we are; only makes business sense in his world."​
Ha ha! Love the cross outs. :ROFLMAO:

Don’t mean this to sound elitist, but there’s a reason why I’ve only owned Bimmers and Land Rovers; the customer experience is a big reason. I’ve never purchased a show room or lot vehicle as an adult; have ordered them all.

I’m in no way a difficult customer, as I come in, know what I’ve wanted, talked down the price a bit, but in the end it was a fair deal each time no matter which dealership. In fact, luxury dealerships are so much nicer and easier to deal with, as they can’t afford to piss off a customer (no idea who you could be, how much $$, etc), so they tend to make the experience as painless as possible.

I’ve never had a vehicle take longer than 3 months, and between my wife and I, that’s like 9 vehicles in lets say close to 20 years. This also includes my wife’s new Range Rover Sport. No chip nonsense, no supply chain warnings, just a “yes sir, thank you for ordering again and trusting us with your business, we’ll keep you up to date, send videos of the truck going down the line, ect. Even offered fancy coffee and when it arrived, a bottle of scotch. This all from one of the top Land Rover/Range Rover dealers in the US. That is customer service and during this same pandemic. No ADM and even took off $3K from sticker as that’s all I asked for in the interest of fairness. Same type of experience, minus the scotch from 3 BMW dealerships I’ve purchased from in both Birmingham and Atlanta.

Now, I don‘t have any complaints about my chosen Ford dealership, Jim Ellis Ford. They’ve been solid thus far, but I haven’t completed a purchase either, but feel good about them. Jim Ellis has a good reputation here. But Ford itself just sucks bad, as I’ve had the chance to dig into the company over these two years and besides a few good halo models such as Raptor and Bronco, Ford kind of isn’t a company I’d normally do business with.

Know these posts have been rants, but just want to share with everyone reading, some perspective and maybe to any Ford employees who may read this and want to finally work at fixing their foolishness.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m with you. My theory is the @Ford and @

I agree. My theory is that @Ford and @jimfarley98 are more interested in selling as many Broncos as possible to those who didn’t have a Reservation because margins are higher and they know they can’t produce at high volume levels. At least that’s my opinion.
That is a short time frame vision that is only interested in immediate profits, bonuses, stock options, etc…vs a longer term commitment to the customer. That will not affect @jimfarley98 because he will likely be sitting on a beach drinking a Corona in his retirement by the time the “never buy another Ford” damage is done. (Again - my opinion).
I talked with a GMC dealer who shared this perspective: Every time a customer walks in the doe who is leaving another Brand (like Ford) that is a minimum of $700,000. I said - I don’t understand?? The response was if he sells me a car/truck and converts me, he will likely sell me one for my wife, we will trade and rebuy over the years, and we may buy one for our kids. The
Kids may also grow loyal to that brand in the future. That is a long term vision!! Customer loyalty to Brand / Brand loyalty to Customer.
As I type this, I am waiting on it to stop raining so I can finish washing my nearly 19 year old Ford truck. That said, I can assure you I am getting close to walking away from the Bronco after this experience, and if I do, I can assure you I won’t be a Ford Customer in the future.
$700,000. Wow! :oops: That’s a lot to leave in the air over the next decade or more. Neither of my kids will be getting a luxury car from me at 16 or ever, but a Ford could have maybe been an option; won’t be now.

That said, I’m not buying any GM trash either, so basically this will take me out of the American manufacturing market. Shame, because I was looking forward to the change actually and had convinced myself it was the right thing to do and would make me proud. Still believe this. If I do get my Bronco before year end, I will be proud of it and the employees who built it for sure.

But I can’t tolerate being treated like this. BMW and Landy have each been good to us over the years, it’s just that Landy opened the door with this independent suspension Defender, but it’ll get me to most spots I‘ll go. It’ll do Black Bear, some Moab trails, and most of the trials here in the Southeast where I’d venture with just a minor tire upgrade to KO2s. Hate air suspensions for off road, but reports have been good thus far, so maybe they‘ve figured it out for the new Defender.

Anyway, I hate that you may walk and just hate it for all of us really. All of this really does have me down as of late and I just totally believe that all of this mess was avoidable.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
[QUOTE="MadMan4BamaNATL, post: 1531526,

I’ve never had a vehicle take longer than 3 months, and between my wife and I, that’s like 9 vehicles in lets say close to 20 years.
[/QUOTE]

To be fair, this is a "new product" problem. You can order a build to order Explorer and have it in 7 weeks. My dad just ordered one and it took 3.5 weeks to build and another 3.5 to ship by the stupid choo-choo train.

Ford took reservations for products (Bronco, Maverick, Mach-E, Lightning) for almost a year before they even started building. Any other ford product you can pretty much build to order and get in 60-90 days.
Sponsored