Sponsored

For those with an extra reservation... The math...

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a money guy with an 8/14 reservation, so what you do won't affect me in the 60th percentile.

I was wondering if you might make money on your unneeded reservation? Short answer is no, because of sales tax.

Longer answer, (math is involved) .... Lol. Let's suppose you're a decent human being, wanting to only make 10% on your build. And let's say it's around 50k. So you're just looking for five grand. Now if you are fortunate enough to find someone who wants that build or you build it to their specs, you still are going to have to make the Buy. And the sales tax is going to run you anywhere from 3 to $5,000 depending on where you are. And it's dead money. No one will pay for your sales tax since they have to pay their own. And the risk of it all working is high. And it assumes that you're not borrowing money.

Take that 50 and decently invested you can actually earn your 10% within 2 years with no risk.

Sorry.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm not for flipping but if someone was isn't the premise to make the most they can? If you're limiting yourself to 10% as you say then you can equally limit yourself to 10% after taxes.

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not for flipping but if someone was isn't the premise to make the most they can? If you're limiting yourself to 10% as you say then you can equally limit yourself to 10% after taxes.
If you find someone willing to pay that, which just increases risk a lot.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody that thinks they will flip a Bronco and make any actual money is delusional. It is not a C8 Corvette or GT500. Outside of an FE which MIGHT be collectable way down the road(doubtful) the rest will be hit with depreciation off the lot and will be considered a used car. I could see somebody possibly breaking even AT MOST but it better be a desirable combo of color, options and model. No you aren't getting $60-70k for your optioned up Badlands, lol.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think what people are trying to say is, there are better ways to make money and not keep somebody on this forum from getting their Bronco 1 person sooner. That being said, just look at what people are asking for toy Broncos on EBay. Who knew someone would be willing to pay 2 - 10x for a toy available in the store at retail.

Nobody would expect you to buy it only to turn around and sell it for a loss. People are just suggesting if you don’t want one, just don’t buy it in the first place.

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hmmmm... I agree with what you are saying. But there's a legal way to do this in CA such that secondary buyer is the only one that ever pays the full sales tax on the Bronco.

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think what people are trying to say is, there are better ways to make money and not keep somebody on this forum from getting their Bronco 1 person sooner. That being said, just look at what people are asking for toy Broncos on EBay. Who knew someone would be willing to pay 2 - 10x for a toy available in the store at retail.

Nobody would expect you to buy it only to turn around and sell it for a loss. People are just suggesting if you don’t want one, just don’t buy it in the first place.
And all I'm trying to illustrate is that the risk of a big profit is fairly High.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are better ways for sure especially with sales tax. There is I feel a very narrow and limited way to possibly make some cash.
A. In an area that has no or very low sales tax.
B. Get a Bronco really early...like first batch in June.
C. Have ordered from someplace like Granger that has below invoice. That gives you a equal out or + on the tax end and still be at MSRP that you could sell for over.

The buyer would have to be in a situation that they would not be able to get a good deal at like 10k over MSRP and limited volume at available dealers, has to be the first on the block with one.

Hassle factor for amount possible in the end is IMHO not worth it.

The only way I would "flip" mine is if like day one when I get home someone offers me like 20K over msrp. I feel that has about the same odds as hitting powerball, getting hit by lightning, and dying in a plane crash same day.

Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody that thinks they will flip a Bronco and make any actual money is delusional. It is not a C8 Corvette or GT500. Outside of an FE which MIGHT be collectable way down the road(doubtful) the rest will be hit with depreciation off the lot and will be considered a used car. I could see somebody possibly breaking even AT MOST but it better be a desirable combo of color, options and model. No you aren't getting $60-70k for your optioned up Badlands, lol.
The GT500 is something like an insane $80k markup, I hope nobody thinks that about the Bronco. But then again, look at the Toyota Supra, something that also has an MSRP of about $50k... Dealerships where doubling it.

I'm not planing on flipping my Bronco, but actually $60-70k for an optioned up Badlands seems completely reasonable in some markets. If I see indication that people will pay a 10K+ over MSRP for a Badlands, I might just have to let mine go.... Oh and no, I don't pay sales tax:)

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

And all I'm trying to illustrate is that the risk of a big profit is fairly High.
Yes, it’s a risk as are many investments. But if you get one early and sell it immediately, I’m guessing there are those out there with unlimited wallets that will pay to play. Six months to a year later depending on the roll out, maybe not so much.

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are better ways for sure especially with sales tax. There is I feel a very narrow and limited way to possibly make some cash.
A. In an area that has no or very low sales tax.
B. Get a Bronco really early...like first batch in June.
C. Have ordered from someplace like Granger that has below invoice. That gives you a equal out or + on the tax end and still be at MSRP that you could sell for over.

The buyer would have to be in a situation that they would not be able to get a good deal at like 10k over MSRP and limited volume at available dealers, has to be the first on the block with one.

Hassle factor for amount possible in the end is IMHO not worth it.

The only way I would "flip" mine is if like day one when I get home someone offers me like 20K over msrp. I feel that has about the same odds as hitting powerball, getting hit by lightning, and dying in a plane crash same day.
Well put.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, since there are dealers who will charge AND GET $5+k ADM over full MSRP..... ON RESERVATIONS !!!! smh

What do you think a dealer stock or early reservation holder could get on a flip?
Kinda makes it a bit less risky for an early purchaser to flip.

Dealers getting ADM on reservations leads me to believe there is a regional dealer collusion going on.

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait, people have multiple reservations with intentions of flipping the Bronco? lol. I must be living in lollypop land, as this has never been a concern to me.
Sponsored