Sponsored

For those with some miles on their Bronco, do you have any regrets on trim package or options chosen?

qbd1414

Big Bend
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love my Cactus Grey Big Bend 2.3 non-sas four door soft top mid package (the "boring" build) but I did add rear lockers :) LOL.... I use it to commute so it is perfect and get about 21 mpg even using sport mode often and in NoVa traffic and already have 4,000 miles.

I have a second order in place for a two door 2.3 BaseSasquatch which will be a family vehicle we will soon have four drivers so that will be fourth car... if money wasn't an option and if my kids weren't driving I think I want a 2.7 two door and wish you could add blind spot monitoring for traffic, not so much off road, but an occasional commute farther than the school just for "safety". But it may be good they learn to drive without using tech. It should be a fun family weekender too.

I go back and forth if I want to order one to replace mine since despite my early res I ordered a vehicle with no constraints as I didn't know how much longer my van would last... I think I have a great commuter car just not sure I have the best off roader. I love the heated seats. I love the soft top (but hate that I can't open the back all the way that is the only reason why I would want a hard top-- I am coming from stow-n-go Pacifica which I think should be in every vehicle!!! so I have a lot less room but right now haven't needed to haul anything).

I would love to order a 2.3 Lux just for adaptive cruise control for road trips and heated steering wheel--- I did modify my speakers but I would think b&o was better. My husband would love the bigger screen but he only drives on occasion, and I think the cameras would be cool but wouldn't care if that was allowed on an 8 inch screen.

MY replacement build ideas (overland) for retirement/ less commuting... 4 door MIC with a half soft top mod:
(Area 51/ roast cloth) 2.3 Lux Outerbanks non-sas with rear locker with mod tires
(Area 51/ roast cloth) 2.3 Lux Outerbanks Sas
(Cactus Grey/ mgv) 2.3 Lux Badlands non-sas upgraded beadlock 33 tires with all terrain wheels.

Off roader/ family share vehicle (two door with roof rack):
2.7 Base Sasquatch

if money weren't an object...
2.7 Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux because I like the two door roast cloth seats with Area 51
Cactus Grey 2.3 non-sas badlands lux four door mic with half soft top

Last edited:

aj_benedetto

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hoffmanford.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When you can get Signature Lights on a BD, I will trade in my BB. Overall I love the Bronco, but I really wanted the MGV.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Having an FE my advice is to go Lux and Sasquatch. The ride difference and comfort of Lux is really good.

Comparing this to a Wrangler and a standard bronco package.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Otherwise, I think I probably would have done my other build of 4DR Big Bend with the locker and 4.27 gears and the MID package, tow and signature lighting.

But I'm overall good!!!
Heh, this is my exact build. Have to admit, I really like it but I'm sure I'd have enjoyed more bells and whistles too

Sponsored

Badlux

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In for the responses. Very curious to leather vs MGV thoughts.
I went with leather/Carpet over Marine Grade/rubberized floors for the following reasons...

1. I've been Jeeping/off roading for over 25 years, a good set of floor mats will do the same. I really dont need to hose out after wheeling. Carpet also will clean up just fine. Not too concerned about getting rained on, BL soft top opens super easily and I dont expect to drop it all the way very often.

2. Leather seats get 10 way power (vs 6 way manual) and back seats get arm rest with cup holders. After a recent back injury, I want the most comfort possible.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I got Lux with 12" screen. I'd like the 360 camera and split screen tire view, but then, I wouldn't have my Bronco now. I'm really happy with it. It's not a regret, but if ordering were easier and faster, I may have switched before production of mine began.
All that stuff is on high package and I don't think it was ever a constraint. I would be more interested in the 10 speakers and garage door opener which should be standard on a $40k+ vehicle. My Fusion has it ffs.
When you can get Signature Lights on a BD, I will trade in my BB. Overall I love the Bronco, but I really wanted the MGV.
As a Badlands orderer I'm disappointed I can't have the BD grill and classic looking headlights but the high package was too much of a draw to stay BD.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost to 2000 miles now, and I enjoy driving it more every day. Got all the options I wanted and I'm very happy with them. Yes, even the hard top. 😁
Do any of you feel like the Bronco interior is bland and/ or cheap? This seems to be a reoccurring theme in reviews.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do any of you feel like the Bronco interior is bland and/ or cheap? This seems to be a reoccurring theme in reviews.
I definitely don't feel like my interior is bland at all. As far as "cheap" goes, I think a lot of people nowadays consider any hard plastic "cheap". I don't consider myself part of that camp. I'm coming out of an '18 Edge Sport that was loaded and had soft touch everywhere. I just don't want/need that in my Bronco. I have soft spots to rest my elbows while driving and that's enough. The harder plastic will hold up better to wear and tear and is easier (cheaper, go figure 😂) to replace.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited:

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

High package - I have mid, and should have gotten it for the surround cams and 12" screen. I have the 12" in my SD and it is a nice step up in functionality. Cant be added aftermarket , so if you are on the fence, get it.

SAS - would have been nice from the factory, but can be simulated/duplicated later on a badlands, so not a deal breaker.

Sponsored

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t own one but have test driven a BL & fully checked out a WT. I had same concern. There is a lot of plastic but as someone said that is where we are on many vehicles. The interior of the Bronco was as nice as my 2020 4Runner ORP. The only leg up my GX has is that it covers a lot of that plastic with a padded leather material and fake wood. I think the bronco is definitely designed to get dusty and dirty and be easier to wipe down and clean. Right now I am looking at a shoe dirt stain on the leather material above my glove box from my wife. That is going to take more attention and work than if it was just on a hard plastic piece that could be cleaned off.

nbdybeatsthewiz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive got roughly 5500 miles in so far on my 4 dr Badlands. I have a 2.3L manual and the power is excellent. I got the Lux package so I basically have all features and don't really regret anything.

That being said, after driving and automatic at off-rodeo, I do wish that I had trail control and turn assist. They are really useful features that you just don't get with a manual.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not at all for me, other than the center console, interior. I like the dash and materials and they are perfect for what the truck is supposed to be. It's not fancy...but is solid, exactly as it should be. I wouldn't change much, I think the designers hit it right with what they used. Overall I love the interior with MGV/Washout.
Sponsored