Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started researching if you can 2WD Baja mode on a Raptor, there wasn't good info on the forums. Mostly folks telling the OP that they should have bought a sports car. So I checked youtube and found exactly what I was looking for. Hoping it works the same for the Badlands.

[video]
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got anything for those of us without Rock mode? These MA potholes are gonna be brutal in anything other than BD or BL.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay this makes me feel a bit better. I only just learned that Sport mode isnā€™t available for the Badlands. I imagine this trick will be possible on the Bronco. The Outer Banks I drove a couple weeks ago allowed you to swap between 2 and 4 wheel in several modes.

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLUR, ā€˜19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™ll work but fair warning Baja mode is much more aggressive than sport mode. Still fun though but just be sure to disengage 4wd before pounding the gas on pavement

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed when test driving a wildtrak that Baja disables stability control and says off road use only. So not a true replacement for sport mode.

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m pretty bummed about the sport mode. I felt like there was little to no difference between Normal and Eco modes. The Sport mode felt similar to the turbo Wrangler. It was zippy enough to feel capable without being overwhelming. Iā€™d much rather that than Baja mode.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
(Removed image that is apparently just hearsay and unreliable)

Looks like sport and Baja are identical except for the 4H. Traction control is off in sport too.

Last edited:

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not worried at all, rather have Baja over Sport

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They are still different in the Bronco. Baja holds gears in a similar manner to sport mode, but throttle response is limited off the line like in slippery and sand mode.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if the biggest difference is throttle response you could just get a pedal commander and call it a day

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are still different in the Bronco. Baja holds gears in a similar manner to sport mode, but throttle response is limited off the line like in slippery and sand mode.
Where can I find more info on this? It seems like thatā€™s not the case based on the above image.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Where can I find more info on this? It seems like thatā€™s not the case based on the above image.
That was my experience when I test drove my dealers Wildtrack. There are definitely lots a little differences in throttle mapping and stability control between the modes. Baja felt dead off the line compared to sport when driving on pavement. Which makes sense, if put full power down from a stop on sand you're tires would take a mile to hook up. Once you are up and moving they feel almost identical.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I noticed when test driving a wildtrak that Baja disables stability control and says off road use only. So not a true replacement for sport mode.
You can manually re-engage stability control can't you? Or does that kick you out of Baja mode?

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was my experience when I test drove my dealers Wildtrack. There are definitely lots a little differences in throttle mapping and stability control between the modes. Baja felt dead off the line compared to sport when driving on pavement. Which makes sense, if put full power down from a stop on sand you're tires would take a mile to hook up. Once you are up and moving they feel almost identical.
Gotcha gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Hopefully the 2.7 doesnā€™t feel as sluggish in normal mode on the road. Would be nice if you could switch between aggressive steering & throttle via controls. On my GTI thereā€™s normal and sport settings, then one option spot to set your own settings so you donā€™t need to define it every time. Would have been nice if GOAT allowed for one custom setting. GTI is a manual so the only options I can toggle are steering, engine noise, and ride stiffness. I assume on the auto you can tweak it so it runs higher in gears.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model