Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And may I say Hallelujah! Now I want to know how the switch from soft to hard works....

“My favorite one is the roof system,” said Ford’s Global Program Manager Jeff Seamen. “ We did a lot of human-centered design work… If I were a certain competitor (Jeep), you remove the roof cap off the vehicle. It is the most awkward, awful experience of my entire life. I cracked one the first time I did it. It’s awkward, it’s horrible, and you need two strong people to take it off.”

“The way I cracked it is it’s this big panel lever design and it falls over,” said Seaman. “So picture, you’re a customer and you want to take the roof off and go drive. And you take the top off with your big, beefy buddy because you can’t do it yourself. And you carefully set it on the garage floor, and go off and have a day of off roading. But you come back and what you didn’t realize is that it tipped over and you cracked it. And now you’ve got a $2,000 bill… our design on the Bronco 4-Door has an intermediate panel that eliminates that panel lever situation, so you’ve got a shorter rear panel. And it’s lighter. But it also prevents the dang thing from falling over. So it’s pretty much a thought through good design.”

via https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com...XD6e21J9FIvxaon1zZ1UTCfa13qw1c-uGft_e_Ky_LP3c
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks, good post but was hoping he was talking colors, white in particular.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is that the standard hard top or modular? Hopefully it's the standard.

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is that the standard hard top or modular? Hopefully it's the standard.
It's both. On the 2 door you would remove the driver and passenger panels, which means there is no lever action on the rear clamshell when placed on the floor. On the 4 door you would remove the driver and passenger AND the rear passenger panel, resulting in a similarly shaped clamshell. Doesn't matter whether you're talking the modular or the MIC hardtops, they both have the above panels.
Sponsored