Sponsored

Ford’s Goal in showing all the stuff “we can’t have”...

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The whole point of these builds is to get people thinking of the possibilities of what can be done. They want you to see the potential for making modifications. Some of the things they'll offer. Some they won't. But they've made it clear from early on that the Bronco is a canvas and it's up to us to make it our own.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The whole point is to keep Barret-Jackson supplied with one-offs.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford may find out that while "aftermarket" is a central concept for some enthusiasts, there's probably a very small percentage of $50K buyers who want to rush home & order another 2 dozen catalogs to customize their new vehicle.
So.... all the Wranglers you see daily are stock....?

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So.... all the Wranglers you see daily are stock....?
I somewhat understand his point - that if available, many people would like factory accessories, and it can be lucrative for Ford to offer a bunch of accessories to take a slice of the pie. But that also ignores the reality that a ton of buyers won't want the factory stuff and want aftermarket things, to both your and my points that a lot of people customize these types of vehicles after the fact.

Ford's just showing the blank canvas nature of the Bronco.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They learned from Jeep.

Hey guise, heres a totally rad Gladiator 2 door short cab with 40"s and portal axles that we built from readily available parts and we could put on sale tomorrow--BUT WE WON'T.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They learned from Jeep.

Hey guise, heres a totally rad Gladiator 2 door short cab with 40"s and portal axles that we built from readily available parts and we could put on sale tomorrow--BUT WE WON'T.
Exactly. These aren't as crazy as the Safari "concepts," but they really need to be viewed in the same light.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford may find out that while "aftermarket" is a central concept for some enthusiasts, there's probably a very small percentage of $50K buyers who want to rush home & order another 2 dozen catalogs to customize their new vehicle.
Okay...I wouldn't bet on that. Look at how many Jeeps out there have 0 aftermarket mods. Not a majority....if you think you'll keep yours stock, then don't ever add the first mod, because it is a very, very slippery slope. A fun one, but an expensive one. 5 years from launch, a minority of first year Broncos will be mod-free.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Accessories are one thing, core parts like interiors and roofs are a completely different beast. Building hype by showing off white roofs and specific interiors, then not having those available to order is where frustration builds. I want to be able to order the Bronco I want and not have to worry about wrapping/painting the top or trying to find a swap/aftermarket top.

Sponsored

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Accessories are one thing, core parts like interiors and roofs are a completely different beast. Building hype by showing off white roofs and specific interiors, then not having those available to order is where frustration builds. I want to be able to order the Bronco I want and not have to worry about wrapping/painting the top or trying to find a swap/aftermarket top.
I agree. Another thing is, it's hard to say when some of that aftermarket stuff shows up. It could be a few years.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed on the accessories vs. core parts.

In the industry concept vehicles typically have one purpose and that is to show off elements and get consumer feedback on the ones they like and dislike... which then turns into production.

One thing that could separate Ford from others and the standard concept of concept vehicles is to parade all these concept builds around... including white tops and different interiors... and then take the ones with the best feedback and incorporate them not in 2022 or 2023... but now! Talk about listening to the customer... I think that would win major points.

Granted some are easier to turnaround quicker than others, but having better than typical turnaround times on implementing things from concept to production would be a big win.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
5 years from launch, a minority of first year Broncos will be mod-free.
I'm sure you're correct about the first-year crowd....hell - it takes a lot of effort just to elbow your way to the bar for a Bronco...so a high percentage of '21 buyers are enthusiasts who tracked the reveal and plan to actively offroad a lot.

That'll be a good initial bounce for Bronco....but that crowd is likely to thin quite a bit. The biggest accessory/mod most buyers make to a vehicle are Weathertech floorliners. These aren't $10,000 junkers that will turn into someone's hobby-horse.
Sponsored