First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Paid a visit to my local dealership today, mostly to check out color swatches in person. This was the biggest shocker by far. Nearly ZERO greenish hue in Cactus Gray. Ford’s own render gets it totally wrong. Glad I checked for myself! I’ll be ordering a Cactus Gray 2dr Black Diamond now.

Ford Bronco Ford’s website gets the “Cactus Gray” render VERY wrong 9F6114E0-E77D-43B7-AD4A-BCB238C67F7A
Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're late to the party! But now that you're here, welcome. It was better a while back then midway it got changed to this really green color which is pretty inaccurate. The sport shows a more accurate version.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Ford’s website gets the “Cactus Gray” render VERY wrong cactus-gray-wildtrak-4-door-bronco-1
Ford Bronco Ford’s website gets the “Cactus Gray” render VERY wrong 9F6114E0-E77D-43B7-AD4A-BCB238C67F7A

Not to terrible.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to terrible.

Thats the only pic that looks close to the CGI color. They were saying in another thread that BN set up the lighting intentionally in that photo shoot to bring the green out as much as possible. Guess we just gotta see it in person to see whats up.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I’m confused ur shocked but yet ur still ordering the CG? ....?

OP
OP
wheretheheckisjoe

wheretheheckisjoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I’m confused ur shocked but yet ur still ordering the CG? ....?
Lol, fair! I had originally outright rejected CG, because it looked minty green to me, based off the render. However, seeing the color swatch, it’s the color I want, for sure!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Ford’s website gets the “Cactus Gray” render VERY wrong F7E5D093-B5AB-4E45-8D49-FA7FFFDF4D44

It’s not mint green at all

Mayo Nayze

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You know how they say the camera adds ten pounds? Well the camera adds ten pounds of mint green to Cactus grey. I took photos of a Cactus grey Bronco in the wild, held up the picture i just took to the same Bronco and it looks like two different vehicles.

I am with the OP on this one. I did not like Cactus grey when I saw the photos on B6G or the renders from Ford. But after seeing it in person its the color I am going with.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C55 amg
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On the weekly i have to generate renders for customers. There are sooo many variables that can affect the render, and ultimately the image that makes it to your eyes.
Digitally, we are rendering in a setting. that has a ground/sky/light source(sun in time of day or moon)/adjacent items, depth of clearcoats, subsurface scattering of materials, refraction, flop, roughness, to name a few.
Ultimately, I have no idea the color accuracy of your monitor/printouts, or an individuals color blindness.
That said, HIGH chance, a render will not represent real life products in current conditions.
The Ford Team tasked with these renders, they have done a pretty good job, color *reference* wise.

Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love this color so much that I hate it.

Numbr4stuna

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrx
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You know how they say the camera adds ten pounds? Well the camera adds ten pounds of mint green to Cactus grey. I took photos of a Cactus grey Bronco in the wild, held up the picture i just took to the same Bronco and it looks like two different vehicles.

I am with the OP on this one. I did not like Cactus grey when I saw the photos on B6G or the renders from Ford. But after seeing it in person its the color I am going with.
I did the same thing today. I almost didn't take the picture because of how different it looked on screen vs through my eyes. Im all in on Cactus Gray after seeing it on the sport in person.