Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So i thought it would be a good idea to install my trailer wiring kit yesterday here, on a great day, 65 degrees to start, 90s by mid day, easy install right? Kinda, but no.

Anyone doing this themselves, id say give your self 3-4hrs. and dont do it in summer heat...🥵you need to take off both the rear of inside panels, the tail lights, fenders, trim around the tail lights and trying to run the power wire through that factory rubber grommet is not easy. i soldered my connections so there was that, however on the good side i was able to to finish sound matting the driver side rear.

Advice. get a buddy to remove parts while you run wires.

/end rant. :LOL:
Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Or you can get the Curt Plug - n - play kit and only have to deal with less than half of that nonsense. My biggest time suck was encasing all the wiring in conduit. I also had to re-do a portion of the install due to poor instructions and my failure to read the comments associated with a YouTube video of the installation. A competent installer (besides me) would have it installed in no time at all. <- Sounds like I’m being a real asshat to the OP. Nope, just trying to direct others away from all that panel pulling nonsense, unless you have other mods that require it.

OP
OP
Combustion_King

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh 100% crazy for that install. Maybe if I hadn’t gotten the wiring harness for cheap, I’d prob have gone curt.

I guess biggest thing to take away from this is, if you chose to have the dealer do the wiring install, maybe re think it, I bet they’d charge $$$$

and yes I had Sound matting to do on the panels I took off, as well as down the wheel wheels and other frame areas

Ziemann

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco 2-Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Curt 4 pin plug-n-play kit- 30 minute install start to finish.

Now, my 7 pin kit took a lot more time..... that sucked.
Sponsored