Ford Accessories Door Bags arrived

BossBronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
See pics. New mod. 1 big box filled with 2 smaller boxes. One is for storing front 2 doors. Other is for storing back 2 doors. Bags are big, thick, well made, zips closed, grab handles, felt padded on sides and thick foam pad on bottom where all the door weight will rest. Kinda pricy but well made and arrived quickly. Im either going to order the harness to store doors in bags onboard or use some beach towels and bungee c9rds with these bags to do same.

20211006_202348.jpg

20211006_220813.jpg

20211006_202540.jpg

20211006_202437.jpg

20211006_202442.jpg

20211006_202529.jpg

20211006_202534.jpg

20211006_202742.jpg

20211006_202737.jpg

20211006_202907.jpg

20211006_202912.jpg
Advertisement

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7 Prestige, 2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Bronco
Badlands
Are these the 'garage door bags' from the accessories catalogue?

Did you have to per bag or is it per set? Im confused on that and my dealer didnt know. I have the 4 door and im curious if I have to spend $500 or $1000 on these things..

OP
OP
BossBronco

BossBronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
Are these the 'garage door bags' from the accessories catalogue?

Did you have to per bag or is it per set? Im confused on that and my dealer didnt know. I have the 4 door and im curious if I have to spend $500 or $1000 on these things..
Its on CJ pony parts. You buy 2 per set. One set is front door bags for around $250. Other is back for around $250.

I think the 2 door bronco model has bigger doors so they might require diff size bag but dont quote me.

I thought the padded door storage bags came with bronco but they dont.

Long story short, these are the complete set of 4 bags for the 2021 4 door bronco for $500 or so. Not bad for 4 huge padded Ford leather door bags.

Yes, I heard another more padded bag might exist for onboard storage and there might be some rear onboard storage system too but have not seen either of them yet anywhere.

These door bags are def good enough to safely store your doors in whether in garage or even in the rear cargo area but only if well secured. If cargo area I suggest a little extra padding.

There is also a harness system for cargo area on that works with these bags but its another $500, so I waited. Honestly I will probably rarely take doors off mid trip to store in back. If long trip, yes. But 99% of time I will just use these bags to store my doors in my garage. But I'm also totally comfortable storing my doors onboard in the cargo area using these these bags. Good stuff.

Blitzjb

Outer Banks
First Name
Joel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Bronco
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s less expensive to order online through Ford accessories and pick up at dealer. No cost to ship to store.
2119264A-EDD0-482B-ABB7-1293510F8E31.png

da_jokker

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee XJ
Bronco
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hate to bring bad news but the Garage bags are not the same as the On board storage bags. So you can't just order the missing harness.

OP
OP
BossBronco

BossBronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
I hate to bring bad news but the Garage bags are not the same as the On board storage bags. So you can't just order the missing harness.
I hate to bring bad news but actually Im using my bags for onboard storage with or without the stupid harness.

OP
OP
BossBronco

BossBronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
It’s less expensive to order online through Ford accessories and pick up at dealer. No cost to ship to store.
2119264A-EDD0-482B-ABB7-1293510F8E31.png
Mine were shipped direct to my front door

OP
OP
BossBronco

BossBronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
There's no reason to pay retail price for onboard or garage storage bags. The garage bags, which are not supposed to be used for onboard storage, can be had for $350+shipping:

https://ruxerparts.com/BRONCO6G/ (only for B6G members)

https://www.getoemparts.com/

https://www.oempartsquick.com/
Yes CJ charged too much for what looks like same bags. Again, Im going to use these bags, maybe a couple times like cross country adventure, for onboard door storage with a comforter blanket and bungee cords surrounding bags. But most the time, yes, they will only be used for garage storage as everything I could ever want to see is within a 3hr drive (mountains, city, beach, desert, farmland etc). I can actually visit all of those spots in the same day. One of the few reasons why Southern california still kicks every other state ass.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Tundra
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anxious to hear how they work in the cargo area. I'm doing the same, front doors only, figure I can rig a friggin' stap system!!

OP
OP
BossBronco

BossBronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
Anxious to hear how they work in the cargo area. I'm doing the same, front doors only, figure I can rig a friggin' stap system!!
Yes. Amen Brother!! Not rocket science nor would I do anything to F up my doors..

da_jokker

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee XJ
Bronco
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hate to bring bad news but actually Im using my bags for onboard storage with or without the stupid harness.
Didn't say you couldn't figure something out. Just trying to let you know, like a lot of folks on here that get confused between the different bags, that you can't buy the harness and expect it to work with those bags... Which is what you said in your original post.

OP
OP
BossBronco

BossBronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
Didn't say you couldn't figure something out. Just trying to let you know, like a lot of folks on here that get confused between the different bags, that you can't buy the harness and expect it to work with those bags... Which is what you said in your original post.
I made it clear that another set of bags might exist for onboard store but I cannot find them. Anywhere. These bags I bought are the nice padded garage door bags which will work for offboard storage and with the right rigging/prep should do the trick for onboard storage as well. Either way Im glad I have somewhere safe to store my doors whenever I want to take doors off.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Bronco
Badlands
Do these bags slip on the doors as you are removing them like the videos show the on-vehicle storage bags being used?

Are there any additional grab handles on the sides of the bags? The handles shown for the on-vehicle bags look pretty convenient for getting the doors off the vehicle, wondering if these have something similar.

Advertisement

Apollo Optics
Advertisement