First Name
Brice
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Do these bags slip on the doors as you are removing them like the videos show the on-vehicle storage bags being used?

Are there any additional grab handles on the sides of the bags? The handles shown for the on-vehicle bags look pretty convenient for getting the doors off the vehicle, wondering if these have something similar.
Looks like Ruxer figured out the on-vehicle bags but no straps. Cheap as dirt too.
https://ruxerparts.com/online-store/3329238/
Advertisement

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Bronco
Badlands
OP
OP
BossBronco

BossBronco

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
Do these bags slip on the doors as you are removing them like the videos show the on-vehicle storage bags being used?

Are there any additional grab handles on the sides of the bags? The handles shown for the on-vehicle bags look pretty convenient for getting the doors off the vehicle, wondering if these have something similar.
All good questions. I don't know yet lol. I need to watch that video. On bottom of doors it says "Lift" where you grab. My door bags just have top grab handles. My thought was take door off and either I hold door while wife puts bag on OR lay a thick comforter blanket down to lay door on then put in bag by myself. Maybe a better way, I will know when I try here soon.

OP
OP
BossBronco

BossBronco

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
Yeah I saw that, that's why I'm debating. I don't mind paying more for the "Garage" bags - I'd just love a side-by-side comparison of what you get or don't get between the two.
Yes, would be nice to know diff. Id buy the last set in stock but I'm tapped at moment. My wife and I also discussed onboard door storage and honestly dont think its needed for us. If we take doors off, they are going in garage. This way we save room and weight in vehicle and no potential for damage if serious offroading i.e. baja through the desert where I live. Plus, we can take doors off, go to any terrain within 3hrs or less (beach, sand, mountains, city etc) and back home same day. The only time we MIGHT need onboard storage is if on a really long roadtrip, but even then we would already be loaded down with gear and no tow pack yet so no tailgate storage and I have soft top so no roof storage. Oh and the onboard storage bags look to be hard case style vs soft style on garage bags. Again, with a little extra padding and harness system you could use garage bags for onboard storage if you had no other choice.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Bronco
Badlands
Yes, would be nice to know diff. Id buy the last set in stock but I'm tapped at moment. My wife and I also discussed onboard door storage and honestly dont think its needed for us. If we take doors off, they are going in garage. This way we save room and weight in vehicle and no potential for damage if serious offroading i.e. baja through the desert where I live. Plus, we can take doors off, go to any terrain within 3hrs or less (beach, sand, mountains, city etc) and back home same day. The only time we MIGHT need onboard storage is if on a really long roadtrip, but even then we would already be loaded down with gear and no tow pack yet so no tailgate storage and I have soft top so no roof storage. Oh and the onboard storage bags look to be hard case style vs soft style on garage bags. Again, with a little extra padding and harness system you could use garage bags for onboard storage if you had no other choice.
Any update on how the garage storage bags are to use? Do they slip on the doors before removal like the onboard bags do? The onboard bags don't have much padding - how are the garage bags?

Advertisement

Middleton Motorsports
Advertisement