First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had a few issues already with dealer ordered Bronco accessory parts and it’s just another headache to add to the wait.

To start, I ordered the mirror mounted Rigid 360 Pod lights and they look amazing….except that Ford neglects to tell you they specifically asked Rigid to delete the backlights in the 360’s for some unknown reason. To some this isn’t an issue and maybe they prefer the fancy Ford performance light covers. I would prefer the backlights so these are going back and I’ll order straight from Rigid. The “wiring harness” is a joke, it’s two simple wires and a few heat shrink tubes and wire connects shown in the picture.

Second issue was that I placed an order for the deluxe cargo enclosure with raised lid. The FIRST shipment arrived at the dealer with the box horribly damaged by the shipping company. To no surprise the pieces inside were all scratched and/or bent and almost all of the hardware was missing. The dealership quickly moved to get a replacement sent and had it delivered in under a week. The SECOND shipment arrived in what appeared to be an undamaged box however after inspection of the contents they too were scratched and bent and also missing hardware. Could the scratches and dents been repainted and fixed, yes. But for that price tag I expect to get to put the first scratches on it myself when installing it. The packing design was to blame as it was thrown together in both boxes with little padding and dividers. I sent them back and received full credit, and now have the simple tonneau cover until I find an aftermarket alternative.

I also ordered the rock lights and they arrived in a damaged box as well but luckily that are packaged very well and arrived with undamaged contents.

Hopefully these aftermarket suppliers will start making their stuff available soon and help alleviate some of this headache.

80C7D31B-C46A-4424-AB24-52FF41D898FB.jpeg

6C696B5B-B6DA-4B76-91ED-CE3C51482ECE.jpeg

BC71F943-54F8-449F-860E-4809A8A17269.jpeg

AB6263E6-A051-4F36-A671-C4554612CBCC.jpeg

B149641C-309A-4D5D-9E46-ABDBA9E2AB87.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yikes! Maybe we should tag Tuffy on Twitter with these pictures of the cargo enclosure. Clearly its not being packed well enough.
I’d be ashamed if I sent products to customers like that. I’m sure it’s mostly from poor handling by the shipping company but the packaging in both boxes were worthless. Sad too because I really wanted it despite the price for a few pieces of sheet metal.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had a few issues already with dealer ordered Bronco accessory parts and it’s just another headache to add to the wait.

To start, I ordered the mirror mounted Rigid 360 Pod lights and they look amazing….except that Ford neglects to tell you they specifically asked Rigid to delete the backlights in the 360’s for some unknown reason. To some this isn’t an issue and maybe they prefer the fancy Ford performance light covers. I would prefer the backlights so these are going back and I’ll order straight from Rigid. The “wiring harness” is a joke, it’s two simple wires and a few heat shrink tubes and wire connects shown in the picture.

Second issue was that I placed an order for the deluxe cargo enclosure with raised lid. The FIRST shipment arrived at the dealer with the box horribly damaged by the shipping company. To no surprise the pieces inside were all scratched and/or bent and almost all of the hardware was missing. The dealership quickly moved to get a replacement sent and had it delivered in under a week. The SECOND shipment arrived in what appeared to be an undamaged box however after inspection of the contents they too were scratched and bent and also missing hardware. Could the scratches and dents been repainted and fixed, yes. But for that price tag I expect to get to put the first scratches on it myself when installing it. The packing design was to blame as it was thrown together in both boxes with little padding and dividers. I sent them back and received full credit, and now have the simple tonneau cover until I find an aftermarket alternative.

I also ordered the rock lights and they arrived in a damaged box as well but luckily that are packaged very well and arrived with undamaged contents.

Hopefully these aftermarket suppliers will start making their stuff available soon and help alleviate some of this headache.

Ford Bronco Ford Accessories Issues: Pod Lights and Cargo Enclosure w/decklid B149641C-309A-4D5D-9E46-ABDBA9E2AB87

Ford Bronco Ford Accessories Issues: Pod Lights and Cargo Enclosure w/decklid B149641C-309A-4D5D-9E46-ABDBA9E2AB87

I have an extra set still in the box.
Ford Bronco Ford Accessories Issues: Pod Lights and Cargo Enclosure w/decklid IMG_1787[6885]

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To start, I ordered the mirror mounted Rigid 360 Pod lights and they look amazing….except that Ford neglects to tell you they specifically asked Rigid to delete the backlights in the 360’s for some unknown reason.
Well that explains why nobody is hooking up the backlights...

Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How do you like the tonneau cover?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’d be ashamed if I sent products to customers like that. I’m sure it’s mostly from poor handling by the shipping company but the packaging in both boxes were worthless. Sad too because I really wanted it despite the price for a few pieces of sheet metal.
Packaging is supposed to be designed to handle what the shipping co's do to them. This is pretty poor.

OP
OP
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you like the tonneau cover?
I haven’t put it on to check fitment yet but the quality is very nice and thick. Hoping to find a way to attach the rear straps without running them around the outside tailgate

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed the rigid’s

I noticed the Rigid’s have the 3rd white wire, does it not do anything?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yea the white wire is for the backlight feature, and it works fine. They just cut it short and tried to hide it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you buy them from Ford, the white wire is not connected to anything. They chose to have no backlighting for some reason in the Ford performance version. If you buy them from Rigid then the white wire powers a backlight of whatever color you choose.

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven’t put it on to check fitment yet but the quality is very nice and thick. Hoping to find a way to attach the rear straps without running them around the outside tailgate
Have you tried a way to attach straps without running them outside tailgate?
Sponsored